Windows 10: Windows 10 creates Virtual/Fake Second Screen when I open games

Discus and support Windows 10 creates Virtual/Fake Second Screen when I open games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As I mentioned in the title, when I open a game, my computer gives the sound of a new USB device being inserted and creates a virtual 2nd screen. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Omer6000, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Omer6000 Win User

Windows 10 creates Virtual/Fake Second Screen when I open games

As I mentioned in the title, when I open a game, my computer gives the sound of a new USB device being inserted and creates a virtual 2nd screen. This screen causes huge stuttering and freezes in games. When I turn it off, it gives a USB device removal sound as if I disconnected a second screen. After that, it is fixed in some games, while in some games the game freezes. What is the main reason for this? There are a few things I can think of as reasons: 1- I haven't cleaned the computer since I bought it Laptop, 2 years. 2- I installed Dual Boot Ubuntu on my computer 7-8 months ago. I can'

:)

Omer6000, Jun 8, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2023
  3. NofitBox Win User
    How to enable a fake second display in Windows 10 as Windows 8.1? Not Virtual Desktop

Thank you for assit

We say "fake" display but maybe is not the correct way to call this, anyway here is how to enable a virtual/fake display/monitor in Windows 8.1:

• Right click on the desktop, click 'Screen Resolution'
    • Click 'Detect' button on the next screen (when click on Detect, a new second monitor was shown on the right of the main display)
    • Click 'Another display not detected' and under the multiple displays option select 'Try to connect anyway on: VGA'
    • Click 'Apply'
    With this very easy method and a program like TeamViewer you can use them to extend your desktop to other laptop/PC/WindowsTablet... in the same wireless network but now in windows 10 is imposible to do this. What many users I know and me want is to extend
    the desktop to other Windows 10 PC via wireless ad hoc, or innthe same LAN. It must to be an importand, basic and native funtion on the system but....

Now in Windows 10 when you make click on 'Detect' Button nothing happens, no other virtual display is shown, nothing. you just need to have 2 PCs, 1 with windows 8/8.1 and other with windows 10 and you will test this.

Other change, is now in Windows 10 when you go to Right click and go to Display settings, actually it goes to a "metro like" settings interface and not to the original in the control panel. Yes, I know going to 'Appearance and personalization' > 'Adjust
    screen resolution'' I can go to the "classic" Display settings as in Windows 8.1

Note 1: the funtion to create a fake display in windows 10 does not work niether going through Control Panel nor Desktop> Right Click > Resolution....

Note 2: We perfectly know we can buy a monitor but this is not the problem here. What we want is to give other use to a Windows 10 device, for example turn a surface on a temporal second display to extend my laptop desktop when needed, not to mirror/show
    the same, it is to extend the desktop that is a very different thing.

Thank you

NofitBox, Jun 8, 2023
  4. VISHMAY Win User

Can a fake second display be enabled in Windows 10?

It is not a fake display, it is called virtual desktop. In Win 10, there is not only a second screen, but also third, fourth, fifth... Desktops inbuilt.

Press Win+Tab. You will see all of your active programs adjusted. In the same screen, bottom right corner, you will see Add Desktop functionality. Click it!

The new generating desktop is not a fake. It is for multi-tasking, so that you would not be afraid of so many opened programs. It shares desktop icons, but not the programs of them.

Virtual Desktops

There are also some keyboard shortcuts for quickly managing virtual desktops:

Sadly, there’s not yet a key combination that will move the current window between virtual desktops.

VISHMAY, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 10 creates Virtual/Fake Second Screen when I open games - Similar Threads - creates Virtual Fake

2. Windows 10 creates Virtual/Fake Second Screen when I open games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 creates Virtual/Fake Second Screen when I open games: As I mentioned in the title, when I open a game, my computer gives the sound of a new USB device being inserted and creates a virtual 2nd screen. This screen causes huge stuttering and freezes in games. When I turn it off, it gives a USB device removal sound as if I...
  3. Windows 10 creates Virtual/Fake Second Screen when I open games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 creates Virtual/Fake Second Screen when I open games: As I mentioned in the title, when I open a game, my computer gives the sound of a new USB device being inserted and creates a virtual 2nd screen. This screen causes huge stuttering and freezes in games. When I turn it off, it gives a USB device removal sound as if I...
  4. Windows 10 creates Virtual Second Screen when I open games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 creates Virtual Second Screen when I open games: As I mentioned in the title, when I open a game, my computer gives the sound of a new USB device being inserted and creates a virtual 2nd screen. This screen causes huge stuttering and freezes in games. When I turn it off, it gives a USB device removal sound as if I...
  5. Windows 10 creates Virtual Second Screen when I open games

Windows 10 creates Virtual Second Screen when I open games: As I mentioned in the title, when I open a game, my computer gives the sound of a new USB device being inserted and creates a virtual 2nd screen. This screen causes huge stuttering and freezes in games. When I turn it off, it gives a USB device removal sound as if I...
  6. Windows 10 creates Virtual Second Screen when I open games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. [SOLVED]Programs open on "second screen" when second screen is completely disconnected...

[SOLVED]Programs open on "second screen" when second screen is completely disconnected...: Edit: Solved. Managed to figure this out on my own.I had to right click on the icon, then right click on the preview and select "move". Then use the arrow keys to move it over until it appeared on my "real" screen. I couldn't use the mouse to grab it, but could still move it...
  8. Creating a "Virtual"/"Fake" Second display on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a "Virtual"/"Fake" Second display on Windows 10: submitted by /u/yolo9900897 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9c901/creating_a_virtualfake_second_display_on_windows/
  9. When I alt tab or open a menu in a game the screen flashes black for 2 seconds.

When I alt tab or open a menu in a game the screen flashes black for 2 seconds.: I noticed today that when alt tabbing or when playing a game and opening a menu such as morrowind or among us the screen flashed black. Idk weather its a monitor, computer, or OS issue. submitted by /u/TunaBord [link] [comments]...
  10. A virtual second screen?

A virtual second screen?: Hello everyone, I have a application that allows me to stream gameplay from one device within a network to another. I want to use this application to 'give' my desktop 2 screens. I couold use the desktop like normally, but also connect my laptop via the application. The...