Windows 10: Windows 10 creating folders on another drive.

Discus and support Windows 10 creating folders on another drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey all so i have just been looking at my drives and noticed three folders that seem to of been created by windows on another of my drives, i did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LSidley, Oct 28, 2020.

1. LSidley Win User

Windows 10 creating folders on another drive.

Hey all so i have just been looking at my drives and noticed three folders that seem to of been created by windows on another of my drives, i did not say it could do this and now i can not delete them no i have not tried to restart yet as i am currently using the computer.

What i would like to know is why has Windows 10 done this without my permission.
    The folders in question are:

Program Files
    WindowsApps

WpSystem

They have only appeared today to my knowledge and when i try and delete i get.

You need permission to perform this action

You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder.

What is odd is the date modified dates
    08/12/2019

28/08/2020

13/12/2019

Anyone know how i can delete them and also why windows has done this? Its bad enough windows installs a load of **** i do not want but now its creating files and folders on other drives?!

:)

LSidley, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2020
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 creating folders on another drive. - Similar Threads - creating folders another

2. why are folders i created in another external hard drive appearing in another external hard...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why are folders i created in another external hard drive appearing in another external hard...: heres a screenshot, you will need it later to better understand what im sayingso heres the start of whats happeningso basically, when it was xmas christmas, i got a external hard drive to store all my videogames and documents inbut after some time of using it, a folder...
  3. Moving desktop folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving desktop folder to another drive: Hi all. I have just had to reinstall windoes due booting problems. I want to move desktop, documents folders etc to another drive. I know how to do it right click, properties, location, move but the issue I have is that I already have these folders on another drive due to the...
  4. videos folder in another drive

videos folder in another drive: So the videos folder, which usually appears in C:/Users/***/ is shown as drive E and on opening it shows content of that drive. When I tried to make a new folder for videos in users folder , I get a prompt saying it already has a folder named 'videos'. How do I get the normal...
  5. Moving Folders to Another Drive

Moving Folders to Another Drive: I wanted to move some folders to another drive and found this article, https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-move-your-default-data-folders-to-a-different-drive/#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20move%2C%20open,new%20location%20for%20that%20folder.I followed the steps to move...
  6. Folders Being Created on Drives. $$$$$$$$

Folders Being Created on Drives. $$$$$$$$: I have recently checked my C and D drive and found that there have been few folders appearing on them starting with "$". I have tried to delete them but can't and due to these I have almost lost all my C drive space 2.65gb free of 110gb even though I have mainly got windows...
  7. Move appdata folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move appdata folder to another drive: I was wondering if it was possible to move the appdata folder to a drive different from c, since I have a small ssd and I want to free up some space. I've red that changing its path could break some programs so I wanted to know what do you think about it and if you know other...
  8. creating a VM on another drive -

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    creating a VM on another drive -: I want to create a Hyper-v vm and store it on a secondary 'D' drive I then want to install a fresh copy of windows on my PC and still have access to that vm on the 'D' Drive. I am creating the VM now. I have set my config to save new VM's to D:\Hyper-V\Configuration Files...
  9. Moving Public Folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Public Folder to another drive: I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space. The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files...
  10. Moving the Public Folders to another drive under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving the Public Folders to another drive under Windows 10: I'm asking this question on this site as I posted the same query on the Microsoft support forum and got, what I assume to be, a scam response to call a US number. I'm raising it in parallel to another one I raised to resolve an issue I have with Windows Media Player which...