Windows 10: Windows 10 - Creating Zip files always corrupted

Discus and support Windows 10 - Creating Zip files always corrupted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an odd error with my PC, all zip files, no matter which application I use always get corrupted when I create them. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fuzed, Jul 16, 2021.

1. fuzed Win User

Windows 10 - Creating Zip files always corrupted

Hi all, I have an odd error with my PC, all zip files, no matter which application I use always get corrupted when I create them. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but still having issues, its a Windows 10 Pro machine. Does anyone have any guidance? Regards, Rashid

:)

fuzed, Jul 16, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 16, 2021
  3. cant open zip files without saving first

Please do the following to attempt to repair a Zip file:

Click Start, click All Programs, and click Accessories

Right click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

Change directories to the folder where the corrupted Zip file is located

Type: "C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yf zipfile.zip

If the corrupted Zip file is split or spanned, use the following command instead:

"C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yfs zipfile.zip

WZZIP will create a new Zip file with a FIXED suffix in the file name. The original Zip file will not be modified. Only the data in the original Zip file is used.

The FIXED Zip file is structurally sound but the data may still be corrupt. WZZIP does not fix the zipped data itself. If the zipped data has a CRC error or the zipped data is corrupt, then the resulting fixed Zip file will still be corrupt.

Useful resources, which might become solutions have more different information than guide above...

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarg...p-files-after-zip-archive-corrupt-or-damaged/

luukbokhove, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Creating Zip files always corrupted - Similar Threads - Creating Zip files

2. Zip files being created or modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip files being created or modified: Ok, so normally when I download a zip file, or even create one myself, it shows up as simply a ZIP file. I am then able to extract it by just right clicking and clicking extract, with no input from any other applications. Recently, however, whenever a ZIP file is created or...
  3. Zip files being created or modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zip files being created or modified: Ok, so normally when I download a zip file, or even create one myself, it shows up as simply a ZIP file. I am then able to extract it by just right clicking and clicking extract, with no input from any other applications. Recently, however, whenever a ZIP file is created or...
  4. Zip files being created or modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot create a Zip file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot create a Zip file.: I am trying to create a zip file for a mimdump folder. When I right click on it says "File not found or no read permission". Please advise, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-create-a-zip-file/74f508de-0319-4827-823c-aa690c5fb73a
  6. I cannot create a Zip file.

I cannot create a Zip file.: I am trying to create a zip file for a mimdump folder. When I right click on it says "File not found or no read permission". Please advise, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-create-a-zip-file/74f508de-0319-4827-823c-aa690c5fb73a
  7. Unzipping file created & zipped in MacBook Pro to Windows

Unzipping file created & zipped in MacBook Pro to Windows: Dear Microsoft Community,I zipped a file from MacBook Pro earlier this week. I have uploaded it in my google drive & then download it to my Windows PC. I tried to unzip it but it says that the file is invalid. Can someone please help me with this issue? Thank you. Sicnerely,...
  8. Create ZIP file in another location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create ZIP file in another location: I would like to create a zip file of the folders (on my C: drive) to my external HDD directly. Clarify: the ZIP file is directly made on the external HDD, because I want to minimize the wear to the SSD that was on my laptop submitted by /u/networkITcuriosity [link]...
  9. Unable to create ZIP files anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to create ZIP files anymore: I suddenly am unable to create a ZIP file using either right click or the Share ribbon. Nothing happens with either method once I click to create a ZIP file. Any ideas on what is going on or how to correct the problem?...
  10. corrupted zip file

in Windows 10 Support
    corrupted zip file: I was creating a zip archive with a password. Inside the archive there's a file, let's name it 123.exe. I zip it and add pass. Then I enter the archive to rename the file, accidentally erase the .exe part. Now the file is corrupted and I tried to repair archive, but access...