Windows 10: Windows 10 Creation Tool

Discus and support Windows 10 Creation Tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just a quick question to be sure considering I am getting older and forget more often lol. What is the date of the latest Windows 10 1809 file? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Scramjet, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Scramjet Win User

Windows 10 Creation Tool

Just a quick question to be sure considering I am getting older and forget more often lol.
    What is the date of the latest Windows 10 1809 file?
    I have one a few months ago and was wondering if I should download a newer version if there is one and place on USB.
    I plan on formatting and install fresh within the next week and didn't want all the latest patches to come after.

thanks

:)

Scramjet, Jan 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Creation Tool

Windows Media Creation Tool Error 0x80070079-0xA001A

Your USB thumb drive needs to be at least 8 GBs.

The error code 0x80070079-0xA001A means that the tool doesn't have permission for it to run. For us to assist you, we suggest that you
    follow the simple steps listed below:

• Right-click on the Media Creation Tool.exe.

• Press Properties.

• Click on General.

• At the bottom, click on Unblock.

• Press Apply, and then OK.
    Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

You can also download the ISO first using the Media Creation Tool, then create a bootable copy. Yes, you can use it to perform clean install.

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Creation Tool

1. Windows 10 Creation Tool - Similar Threads - Creation Tool

2. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  3. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  4. Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?: I saw one article that claims you can just download the Media Creation Tool to install directly on the computer that downloaded it by clicking "upgrade this pc" if you got a new laptop that came with 11 and want to downgrade it to 10, has anyone done that successfully or do...
  5. Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?: Can Microsoft Media Creation Tool be used to install Windows 11 for workstations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-media-creation-tool-to-install-windows/f728836e-0f09-4f51-b31c-e7ae6abcc008
  6. Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?

Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?: Can Microsoft Media Creation Tool be used to install Windows 11 for workstations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-media-creation-tool-to-install-windows/f728836e-0f09-4f51-b31c-e7ae6abcc008
  7. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.: I was trying to create a bootable USB flash drive of Windows 11 using the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. It completed everything but still ended with Error code 0x80070013 - 0xa001b.I was using Sandisk Ultra Dual 32 GB USB 3.0 OTG Pendrive, just for information.Then I...
  8. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.

Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.: I was trying to create a bootable USB flash drive of Windows 11 using the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. It completed everything but still ended with Error code 0x80070013 - 0xa001b.I was using Sandisk Ultra Dual 32 GB USB 3.0 OTG Pendrive, just for information.Then I...
  9. Read only Attribute preventing installation of visual studio buld tools and creation of dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read only Attribute preventing installation of visual studio buld tools and creation of dll: I cant install new tools for visual studio right now and I can't compile a dll I am working on. My folders even new ones that I create continue to display a read only attribute that I have never once seen applied to my folders in 30 years of using windows. I'm no programmer...
  10. Read only Attribute preventing installation of visual studio buld tools and creation of dll

Read only Attribute preventing installation of visual studio buld tools and creation of dll: I cant install new tools for visual studio right now and I can't compile a dll I am working on. My folders even new ones that I create continue to display a read only attribute that I have never once seen applied to my folders in 30 years of using windows. I'm no programmer...