Windows 10: Windows 10 Creative SB X-Fi, no audio after reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 Creative SB X-Fi, no audio after reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Anytime I reboot my computer, I get no audio from my Creative sound card. I have to uninstall (including checking the delete drive too option) and let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Genaugmen, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Genaugmen Win User

Windows 10 Creative SB X-Fi, no audio after reboot

Anytime I reboot my computer, I get no audio from my Creative sound card. I have to uninstall (including checking the delete drive too option) and let the OS automatically reinstall the card after another reboot, and then have to typically reboot a third time because the driver install requires a reboot. My audio will work fine until I reboot again, and then I again will not have any audio. I get no errors or obvious issues reported, and the Creative card says it's operating normally in the device manager. I've had this problem consistently with Windows 10. At no time has this issue not existed, and I've had this card installed through most of 10's product life. Any ideas?

:)

Genaugmen, Feb 12, 2018

2. After upgrading to W110, sound stop working. I tried all solutions offered.

Hello,

This computer's Windows 10 update has the same problem. The steps taken to remediate did not work.

Step 1: Disable all non-connected motherboard audio pieces.

Step 2: Ensure the SB X-Fi device is working. (Driver is good. Primary Device. Speakers are setup)

Step 3: Disable the SB X-Fi device, then enable.

Step 4: Remove the SB X-Fi device and reboot.

Step 5: Scan for the SB X-Fi device. After 4 attempts the device is found.

Step 6: Run the Windows Fix Audio tool

Temporarily Sound is found.

This morning the windows 10 has restarted. No sound. This looks like a driver issue. No updates from Creative.

Windows Sound tool fix found the Nvidia devices that were disabled. The tool did not notice any other issue. So the tool took me here. I had to find the this thread.

The device is a PCIe SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series, Driver version 2.40.8.

AradoBlitz, Feb 12, 2018
  3. Steve6371 Win User
    No sound.

upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, Realtek onboard audio and creative SB x-fi sound card. didn't work until I installed new creative driver from creative. then it stopped and I can't get any sound from either device

Steve6371, Feb 12, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

You didn't mention, but if you have the motherboard audio enabled (e.g. Realtek) that can conflict with an added sound card and potentially cause problems. Disable the motherboard audio, preferably in the BIOS if you use a separate sound card.

The next time it happens, check the sound playback setup. If something other than the SoundBlaster is set as the default audio playback device then there will not be any sound from the SoundBlaster. e.g. the on-board (if enabled) or HDMI.

Some X-fi cards are not fully Win 10 compatible. If yours is, make sure you are using the latest driver from Creative.

fireberd, Feb 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Creative SB X-Fi, no audio after reboot - Similar Threads - Creative audio reboot

2. Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro - Windows 11 22621.1343

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro - Windows 11 22621.1343: Hi! This is a bit of a long-shot, but I have a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro - don't get me wrong, this is an ancient sound card but I do really like it.Just to give you some context, this sound card has official driver support for Windows 10, and I've successfully...
  3. Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro - Windows 11 22621.1343

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro - Windows 11 22621.1343: Hi! This is a bit of a long-shot, but I have a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro - don't get me wrong, this is an ancient sound card but I do really like it.Just to give you some context, this sound card has official driver support for Windows 10, and I've successfully...
  4. Creative SB Audigy 2.zs not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creative SB Audigy 2.zs not working: WinVer 1903 (OS build 18362.418) May be an unsolvable problem, but... Just upgraded to Win 10 pro, over the top of win 7 pro. Now my speakers won't work. Have determined that the speakers actually do work and the sound card works but the driver (6.0.1.1377 dated March of...
  5. creative sb x-fi titanium fatality 1 pro only plays through 2.1 speakers

creative sb x-fi titanium fatality 1 pro only plays through 2.1 speakers: creative sb x-fi titanium fatality 1 pro only plays through 2.1 speakers. setup; 7.1 speakers setup through dts connect spfid. if I run the sound test from windows 10 I get sound from each speaker, but when I playback anything other then from wmp, I get no sound from the...
  6. Creative SB X-Fi Sound Card, latest driver, no sound when upgraded to Windows 10 (again)

Creative SB X-Fi Sound Card, latest driver, no sound when upgraded to Windows 10 (again): I had this problem several years ago when I updated my desktop from Windwos 7 to 10 under the free offer. But when I did so, I could never get my Creative SB X-FI sound card to produce sound in my 5.1 speaker system. I did everything, and even posted on this forum. Could...
  7. creative x-fi drivers XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0016 dont install

creative x-fi drivers XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0016 dont install: Hallo Creative released new drivers for the x-fi pcie line in 21/2/19. I found that in my system cant be installed, because after installation i have code 39 and it writes that certification is revoked. With more searching i found that all others whql drivers that are...
  8. Creative X-Fi Titanium issues with Windows 10 1803

Creative X-Fi Titanium issues with Windows 10 1803: I am currently on Windows 10 1709 x64. I have been intending to update to 1803 for sometimes, but I prefer to do clean install purely out of habit. In my testing of 1803, I have discovered that my Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI-E SB0880 sound card no longer works properly....
  9. Do Windows 10 Creative X-Fi Drivers fix Disappearing Device Bug?

Do Windows 10 Creative X-Fi Drivers fix Disappearing Device Bug?: This is a question for any Creative X-Fi series users (I had the Titanium HD, but I believe this bug affected all the cards in that series): When I had my Titanium HD on 7, there was a known driver bug that made the main analog output ("Speakers") device disappear. Windows...
  10. Creative X-FI Soundcards

Creative X-FI Soundcards: Has anyone been successful in getting their X-FI soundcards to work under Windows 10. Mine worked perfectly under Win 7 and when I did the upgrade to WIndows 10, it stopped giving me sound. I just finished over the last couple of days upgrading to the new Creative Drivers and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. creative sb x-fi not working on windows 10

2. creative x-fi aux not working

3. sb x-fi windows 10 no sound

4. Creative SB X-Fi not working windows 10,
  5. Creative SB X-FI not working in windows 10,
  6. creative x-fi does not work after win 10 install,
  7. creative sb x-fi speakers noo longer work after windows 10 updates,
  8. Build 1903 windows 10 missing Speaker Out for (Creative SB X-Fi),
  9. sb x-fi windows 10 1903,
  10. creative sb-xfi on windows 10 1903,
  11. sb x-fi windows 1903,