Windows 10: Windows 10 Creator Driver Problem Possibly

Discus and support Windows 10 Creator Driver Problem Possibly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All Tried to Play an older Direct X 9 game, Need For Speed Most Wanted earlier today, well unforuately it didn't load, and now I got other issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMDMan2016, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Creator Driver Problem Possibly

Hi All

Tried to Play an older Direct X 9 game, Need For Speed Most Wanted earlier today, well unforuately it didn't load, and now I got other issues

1. Virtualdj fails to open with an error DirectX failed to Initilitaze, Please install Correct driver for your video card, well I got AMD Radeon Relive edition 17.4.2 (supposedly suppose to support Creators update)
    2. Worried all this fixing things, will result in too many writes to SSD drive, and then i'll have to spend money to get another
    3. Guess gonna leave the Older games out and keeps the ones that work installed

:)

AMDMan2016, Apr 15, 2017
  2. fliersrr Win User

USB Mass Storage Driver ver 10.0.15063.0 in Windows 10 Creator Edition

There is no driver ever for any O/S for this camera. It just uses the standard Windows USB Mass Storage Driver.

The driver file is not corrupt as it is on two different computers. One desktop and one laptop running the updated Creators edition of Windows 10.

All my computer run the exact same Kaspersky Anti-Virus etc and the camera works great on my wife's laptop that does NOT have Creators update on it yet.

This leave only one possible problem. That is the NEWEST USB Mass Storage Driver found in the newest Windows 10 Creators Edition.

But thank you for your try.

fliersrr, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Creators Update - ASUS Bluetooth Antenna not recognized

It sounds like you already installed the most recent drivers but it's possible that it's not compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update. We recommend contacting your device manufacturer and ask for the suggested drivers for Windows 10 Creators Update.

Feel free to post whenever you need help.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 15, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

Windows 10 Creator Driver Problem Possibly

clam1952, Apr 15, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    According to here for Toshiba SSD you should expect a lifespan of ~175 000 * capacity. As you have 2TB drive (according to your specs) you should expect to be able to write 300 000TB.

You could clean install Windows every single day for 10 years and it will only be about 30TB (0.01% of this) so I really wouldn't worry about that aspect of things at all.

6. So far tried reinstalling Direct X 9 with the June 2010 Runtime, Uninstalling the games that didn't work via Add/Remove Programs area--no luck, reinstalled video drivers cleanly, (no luck), managed to get important Djing software working again with System Fresh Start Refresh, only problem now is Microsoft Edge won't allow me to download anything, ((Probably would've been better off just backing up all the data from second hard drive, and doing a clean install)

Toshiba drive is the Mechanical Spinner Drive, (Didn't update specs yet)

and Western Digital 250gb SSD drive is my newer primary drive

If I should do a clean install, then will backup files tonight, and work on that possibly tomorrow morning early

Games that didn't load when I tried them on Creators update

Dirt Rally (well it loaded, Steam, wouldn't go full screen)
    Need For Speed Most Wanted-Origin Game, Free one I got sometime last year, wouldn't even launch
    Microsoft Flight SIm X: Steam Edition, well it did the first time setup, but didn't launch that well. Ever since opening those had issues, unless it's something else causing the issues like a virus, but so far all the scans showed up clean.

Normally use Avast Antivirus Free, and Malwarebytes 3.0 for security on all systems in the household, Right now just using Defender til I sort out the issues

AMDMan2016, Apr 16, 2017
  7. lx07 Win User
    Does it download but with wrong extension if you click on retry? Like this - Problems downloading with Edge - Solved - Windows 10 Forums

If so you can sign on another account and delete

C:\Users\<your normal profile>\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache

Still happens to me every few weeks...

8. Windows 10 Creator Driver Problem Possibly

Nothing Pops up to click on to do the download, save as, open or anything, it's set to secondary drive saving location, tried clearing history in browser

Ran virus scans, ran sfc /scannow, no intergrity violations found

at a lost, will try your suggestion, and hopefully that works

Looked with my admin account, unforuately don't see this folder

C:\Users\<your normal profile>\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache

And yes my own fault for forgetting to make a system image after original Creators update clean install

AMDMan2016, Apr 16, 2017
  9. Well Whatever caused the issue is solved now

But took a clean system install to get it done

What I did yesterday morning while trying out Defender Antivirus in Creators update

1st loaded machine up, removed Avast at the time, used Avast clear, as I thought it maybe was blocking Origin Game Neeed for Speed Most Wanted (2012) version, anyways activated Defender, set exclusions for Secondlife Firestorm viewer, restarted system, opened iheart radio app, worked out on treadmill,

Then attempted to play need for speed most wanted again--no launch at all via Origin

So then I tried Dirt Rally from Steam, nope, wouldn't even go full screen

Then tried MS Flight SIm X from Steam

Well then Directx failed to initliaze for DJing software

So think started the repair process, first repair of program itself, then video driver totally clean removal and reinstall, nope, nada, finally backed up everything and clean install

Was it a virus? was it a fluke, who knows, (am using Avast now though)

AMDMan2016, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Creator Driver Problem Possibly

1. Windows 10 Creator Driver Problem Possibly - Similar Threads - Creator Driver Problem

2. WiFi problems possible bad driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi problems possible bad driver: I've had problems with the WiFi on my Windows 11 laptop. It does not show the 5G networks even when close to the router other devices can access the 5G networks and it refuses to connect to the 2.4G networks. After saying 'Can't connect to this network', it refreshes and...
  3. WiFi problems possible bad driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi problems possible bad driver: I've had problems with the WiFi on my Windows 11 laptop. It does not show the 5G networks even when close to the router other devices can access the 5G networks and it refuses to connect to the 2.4G networks. After saying 'Can't connect to this network', it refreshes and...
  4. Creators Update rollback possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update rollback possible?: I am using the upgrade assistant to download the Creators Update and have a screenshot that states "It's easy to go back if you don't like it." I currently have Version 1607 OS Build 14393.1198 Windows 10 Home. I had read that Version 1703 is the more secure Windows 10...
  5. Windows 10 Creators Update disabled driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Creators Update disabled driver: Hello, after upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update, one of the several PCI ports remains disabled a device driver in the device manager. It is about: Intel (R) 5 Series / 3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 - 3B46 Also tested clean installation Win 10....
  6. creators update :drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    creators update :drivers: does the windows 10 creators update occupy drivers so it's possible after a creators update the bsod will disappaer or is it not recommended to do a creators update on a system with bsod? 84564
  7. Windows 10 Creator Edition Restart Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creator Edition Restart Problems: I have a Samsung Ultrabook i5 laptop which was working fine prior to upgrading to Windows 10 Creator last week. Instead of upgrading from the prior version, I opted for a complete clean install using Windows 10 Media Installer. I am having a lot of issues with Windows Restart...
  8. Problems after Creators update on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after Creators update on Windows 10: Hi, I have attached event log as a .rar file containing Event log.evtx. Problem is that after upgrading with Windows 10 Creators Update I got lots of errors shown in event log. If someone can go through the event log and advise how to resolve some or all problems I would...
  9. Possible to upgrade windows 10 to creator edition but keep files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to upgrade windows 10 to creator edition but keep files?: So i can ONLY boot up window recovery environment. I want to keep my existing files when installing window creator. To be clear: i CANNOT boot to windows 10. Something is preventing me. Also, i see there is a DISM GUI. Has anyone use this in Window preinstall...
  10. Creators update ssd driver problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators update ssd driver problem: After I had updated to creators update the day after release at 11 april 2017 ... update went through well with no apparent problem ( updated through upgrade assistant) i also liked the new features *Smile .... but almost 1 month of use after... I noticed my pny cs1311 240 GB...