Windows 10: Windows 10 Creator Updates Start Locked

Discus and support Windows 10 Creator Updates Start Locked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I clean installed windows 10 creator updates yesterday. after installed some application and setting my windows unfortunately my Start is locked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rezayds, Apr 19, 2017.

1. rezayds Win User

Windows 10 Creator Updates Start Locked

I clean installed windows 10 creator updates yesterday. after installed some application and setting my windows unfortunately my Start is locked. Locked here means it can do Pin or Unpin programs or Drag icon. But, after a few second, start is freezing and then it back to formerly.

Example case :
    I Unpin ms. word icon from start. it disappear. after few second Start turn out grey, it freezing. few second later ms. word appear again on start. Same thing happen when i drag the icon.

I've tried make another user on windows and Start works perfectly. the problem is many files and apps not installed on the other user account. Is there anything wrong with my windows settings?

I really appreciate your answer. Thank You.

:)

rezayds, Apr 19, 2017

2. Bluetooth pairing

Depending on the level of your Windows 10. As of the Windows Creators Update (1703), you can force the Windows 10 back to login screen (lock). As of the Fall Creators Update (1709), you can now add your Windows 10 PC to you phone, so that you can continue
    web browsing with the Edge browser across the different devices.

As for lock/unlocking the Windows PC, this seems to be an app not built-in to the Windows 10 itself. This might be a manufacturer specialized app to allows this.

yleclerc- [O365], Apr 19, 2017
  3. rpr.nospam, Apr 19, 2017
  4. Boltman Win User

Admin command line:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Then if needed

Powershell to reinstall apps

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Boltman, Apr 19, 2017
  5. rezayds Win User
    Thank you for your answer. I've already tried the powershell method but it doesn't work. I'll try the admin command line step.

rezayds, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Creator Updates Start Locked - Similar Threads - Creator Updates Start

2. installing the Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing the Windows 10 Creators Update: The Discussion …. Text may not appear in the Windows interface on some devices after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update...
  3. Windows 10 creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 creator update: I still do not get this update, is it normal? 84821
  4. Windows 10 v1709 / Redstone3 / Creators Update Fall - Pin to start

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 v1709 / Redstone3 / Creators Update Fall - Pin to start: I've just updated to Creators Update Fall (v1709) but the "Pin to start" is sometimes missing on the right-click context menu. I've also done a clean install of this edition of Windows to a 2nd hard drive from an installation CD to an empty formatted drive and i think the...
  5. windows 10 fall creators update start menu button

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 fall creators update start menu button: hi, sorry if this has been asked before, I seem to have a problem at times with the start menu button(left hand corner) does not always work, any help please? thank you, *Smile 95889
  6. Windows 10 creator update

Windows 10 creator update: I have just bought new laptop HP Elitebook X360 , which come with win 10 pro , I want to know if updating to windows 10 creator will remove my pre installed app and programs that came with it from HP company or not ! As it has many security features and drivers that I...
  7. Windows 10 Creators Update

Windows 10 Creators Update: Hello,I am willing to try another more time (this will be the last try) to update my system.As you already know, my system is Windows 10, originally installed the Hebrew version and tailored on it the English language.Also installed Office 2007 and other programs...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...
  9. Windows 10 will not log in from lock screen since creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not log in from lock screen since creators update: Ok, I am having an issue with my HP laptop, windows just pushed the creators update and now every time I either lock the computer or put it to sleep, when I try to log back in it just sits there with the spinning circle, it will then go back to the lock screen. I have to...
  10. creator update start button

in Windows 10 Support
    creator update start button: since installing creator update I have had a few minor problems. now the start button sometimes works sometimes doesn't any updates on the horizon to fix creator problems 87286