Windows 10: Windows 10 creators update a single PC speaker beep every 15 minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 creators update a single PC speaker beep every 15 minutes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help as I'm getting really frustrated I updated to windows 10 creators update yesterday and since then every 15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PervySage, May 21, 2017.

1. PervySage Win User

Windows 10 creators update a single PC speaker beep every 15 minutes

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help as I'm getting really frustrated I updated to windows 10 creators update yesterday and since then every 15 minutes on the dot (X:00, X:15 X:30 X:45) my PC speaker will let out a single short beep.

I've gone through and checked:

1.) All temperatures (CPU, MB, GPU) everything is fine.
    2.) Updated all audio drivers.
    3.) Checked all event logs (nothing seemed to co-inside with the times).
    4.) Checked Scheduled tasks as it was so regular, and there was nothing.
    5.) Virus, malware and adware scan (clean as a whistle).
    6.) Checked my MB's LCD error screen, and the code was FF (means everything is working fine).

I've got literally no idea what else to check,

There isn't any performance issues or anything else... just this single short PC speaker beep that occurs exactly on the hour and every 15 minutes afterwards there afterwards. If you turn the PC off, then turn it back on, the beeps will resume exactly in sync with where it left off which leads me to believe it isn't hardware but some sort of scheduled part of windows telling it to beep.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

:)

PervySage, May 21, 2017

2. death caused by handy

it is a new one.

it beeps every i think 5 minutes if i missed a call. this is i think a very good feature, but it helps nothing when the caller spoke on my mailbox cause then i would just recieve a sms that someone spoke on it. and thats just one single beep. so mybe a godd
    idea would be that it would also beep every 5 minutes or so.

medionmedion0, May 21, 2017
  3. PC freezes after Fall Update

After I recently installed the Fall Creators Update, my PC just freezes entirely. Screen is frozen, hitting any button on keyboard or moving/clicking on the mouse makes beeping sounds to the speakers. This has never happened on the previous version of Windows.

ALL drivers are fully updated and BIOS is at latest version.

What is happening to My PC???

WafflezTheCat, May 21, 2017
  4. enigma101 Win User

I would disconnect the boot drive & leave the machine powered up but idle. Beeps are not usually caused by the operating system & this would rule out Windows. It could be a CMOS battery alarm of some sort.

enigma101, May 21, 2017
  5. PervySage Win User
    thanks for the suggestion, I just checked my motherboard manual and the low battery notification is a post during boot up stating that the battery is low. So that's not it. There is actually no reference to any beeping sounds that the motherboard will make after its booted apart from temperature warnings, which I've already ruled out.

PervySage, May 21, 2017
  6. PervySage Win User
    Well, I've managed to verify that its not a windows related issue. I left the PC running in the BIOS screen and the beeps continued every 15 minutes.

I've also tried disconnecting everything except the bare minimum components and left the PC running in bios screen and the the beeps continued every 15 minutes.

I've run tests on the RAM and Powers supply and ruled them out as issues.

I'm starting to come around to the idea that its battery even though the manual says its a different notification... maybe it changed over the years with different bios versions or something.

PervySage, May 23, 2017
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Won't cost a lot, or take too much time, to swap the old battery out for a new one, then wait & see what happens! This isn't always the case with experimental PC repairs, so count your luck stars, and hope it works.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 23, 2017
  8. PervySage Win User

I finally fixed the problem... and OMG I cant believe what it actually was!!!

Behind my PC sits the NBN hardware, the battery backup (which I didn't even know it had as I've only just moved to this apartment) battery had died and it was a replace battery alarm. Nothing to do with the PC at all.

I feel like such a fool wasting so much time trying to resolve a PC issue when it wasn't even the PC.

Thanks everyone that helped out with suggestions.

PervySage, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 creators update a single PC speaker beep every 15 minutes - Similar Threads - creators update single

2. Double beep every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double beep every 15 seconds: This morning after a seemingly normal system boot up, I am getting a double beep of the kind we get when an additional USB device is plugged in. It keeps repeating every approximately 15 seconds and is driving me nuts. I have gone through the device list check for driver...
  3. Double beep every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double beep every 15 seconds: This morning after a seemingly normal system boot up, I am getting a double beep of the kind we get when an additional USB device is plugged in. It keeps repeating every approximately 15 seconds and is driving me nuts. I have gone through the device list check for driver...
  4. networks off every 15 minutes

networks off every 15 minutes: I have a desktop and connected properly via wired connection. The desktop keeps on disconnecting to my router almost every 15 minutes. I checked my laptop and it is properly connected without having problem. I tried to unplug and plug back in the cable but remains the same....
  5. BSOD Every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Every 15 minutes: Good afternoon,My computer has been getting blue screens for quite some time and I feel like I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I even got to the point where I completely wiped everything clean and reloaded windows and I'm still getting crashes every 15 minutes. I...
  6. BSOD Every 15 minutes

BSOD Every 15 minutes: Good afternoon,My computer has been getting blue screens for quite some time and I feel like I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I even got to the point where I completely wiped everything clean and reloaded windows and I'm still getting crashes every 15 minutes. I...
  7. BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION every 15 minutes: I recently bought this computer from Microcenter, and a couple of months later, I've started getting a BSOD almost every time I'm running certain games (COD:BOCW, Halo MCC) for longer than 15 minutes or so. It's pretty consistent. The BSOD gives the error code...
  8. Windows Crashes Every 10-15 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Crashes Every 10-15 minutes: Every time I try and do something that worked perfectly fine yesterday get a BSOD with the stop code memory management. I’ve never had a problem with this before. I’ve reseated my ram, didn’t fix anything. I’ve tried to run diagnostics that don’t even finish before the...
  9. Windows beeps every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows beeps every 5 minutes: HP desktop with Windows 10. Recently added SSD and moved Windows to it. Computer seems to be running fine, but every 5 minutes exactly, I get this beeping sound: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnLMwhu33RN2hqxIC33iPYgAdBMM_Q No idea what's causing it. All the diagnostics I've run...
  10. Monitor is off every 10-15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor is off every 10-15 minutes.: I am using two monitors for my desktop PC. One of the monitors is automatically off every 10-15 minutes, and is automatically back on about 10 minutes. How can I fix this problem ? Your help will be appreciated. Michael...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pc speaker beeps

2. PC beep sounds every 15 minutes

3. windows ten beeps every 15 minutes