Windows 10: Windows 10 creators update constant crashing

Discus and support Windows 10 creators update constant crashing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This pc has run smoothly for quite a while now, until the creators update. now, it crashes every day. I was getting windows out of memory crashes, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by drjyp, May 11, 2017.

1. drjyp Win User

Windows 10 creators update constant crashing

This pc has run smoothly for quite a while now, until the creators update. now, it crashes every day. I was getting windows out of memory crashes, but i installed the latest drivers for chipset, both lan, bluetooth, vga, and audio. I even rolled back my gpu driver to 372. something. I even re-installed windows to the anniversary, but it updated to cu during the process. Now, i get video driver crashed messages and the pc has to be reset because it is completely unresponsive. I have run virus checks and poolmon trying to figure out what is going on, but it still crashes every day at least once. anybody have any ideas? if you need any screenshots or bug reports, just let me know. I am so frustrated with this it's unreal.

:)

drjyp, May 11, 2017
  2. chispy123 Win User

Windows fall creators update - clean install - Creative X-FI Titanium - bootloop

Same here :/ , my Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI Express sound card got my fresh fall creators update windows installation on a constant crash and black screen , the sound card it is not even detected by windows as X-Fi
    Titanium PCI Express ?

It was working perfectly fine on the old creators update 1703. Please help.

chispy123, May 11, 2017
  3. JA1XY Win User
    How can I uninstall Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709

The Fall Creators update has rendered the accounting software (Sage 50) I use for my business completely inoperable. I get constant crashes in my accounting program. This forced update is significantly impacting my ability to run my company and causing
    me to waste significant amounts of time investigating workarounds.

JA1XY, May 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, it could be helpful if you have a look at Reliability History (type Reli in Cortana's search bar). Explore any red x's and post any interesting reports - in particular, those relating to times the PC crashed.

Note that with upgrade you may now have different driver versions to what you had with the AU. There should have been no need for you to manually update your PC drivers.

Try a clean boot and see if you still experience any crashes.
    Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    (part 1)

You say you have tried the same graphics driver version you were using with the AU.

You could also research your MBO/PC and see if others have experience of this.

Unfortunately you can't now roll back to the AU as you have clean installed the CU - assuming that's what you meant? Or did you try to roll back to the AU?

dalchina, May 11, 2017
  5. drjyp Win User
    Reliability history says hardware error. It doesn't say what hardware or anything. I tried updating hardware drivers as a possible solution to the out of memory errors. I will try a clean boot, but the problem only arises after the pc has been on for a long time. Usually after about 10 hours or so. I clean installed windows using the au, but it updated to the cu during installation.

drjyp, May 11, 2017
  6. Barman58 Win User
    Probably irrelevant, but have you checked your Temps - I have seen OS update affect processes and increase processor Etc usage, which can show as a hardware failure -- especially as it seems to be run time related

Barman58, May 11, 2017
  7. drjyp Win User
    Yes, I am quite diligent about watching my temps. I do have my cpu overclocked a bit, but I have a corsair h100i on it that is still working fine. I monitor my temps continuously and none have gotten too high. I don't believe temps are causing the problems, but i was not awake for all the crashes and there's no record of what the temps were at that time. However, I don't believe that temps are the cause of my issue. I am sure it's software-related.

drjyp, May 11, 2017
  8. drjyp Win User

This is the info from the latest crash reported in reliability monitor.

SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎5/‎12/‎2017 3:45 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 187Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_15063Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.15063.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033

maybe this will help someone assist me in figuring this out.

drjyp, May 11, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Try Safe Mode overnight and see if it crashes. (Uses a basic graphics driver).

If you can find a way for it not to crash, you may have a starting point.

Anniversary Update: You said it updated to the CU during your attempt to install it- this would presumably because you chose to accept updates during the installation process.

Crash reports:
    You need now to correlate that with the Event Log - there may be a dmp file which will give an expert more.
    Search the internet for
    LiveKernelEventCode: 187
    and you get results like
    Live Kernel Event - Microsoft Community
    Solved Hardware Error

which may suggest a way to get further information - if there was time for such to be generated.

dalchina, May 11, 2017
  10. drjyp Win User
    So, I opted to try re-installing windows once more. This time, I decided to try unplugging all but my os ssd while installing. I was able to get all my hardware to report in device mgr that everything is good, all drivers updated (mostly by windows, but I did have to find one for my sata controller) and devices working. I also didn't install anything that isn't completely necessary such as Samsung magician and the realtek software for my audio. It has been running for 12 hours now with no crashes or memory leak, finally! Now, I just hope that it stays that way...This all started with a shifty memory leak just after a fresh install of windows 10 cu. I had a hard time nailing down exactly what was causing the leak and, through research on the web, I ended up installing drivers for all my hardware manually. If I had to guess what happened, I would have to say that my not unplugging the other drives may have been the cause of the leak somehow. Thanks to all with suggestions, most of us can't always figure everything out alone, so we all need to try to be helpful so we all can figure everything out together!

drjyp, May 12, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    Glad to hear you've found a way... it really shouldn't be this hard with a mature (???) product.

Yes, simplifying the configuration is a good option.

Now, capture what you have. Use e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) to create a 'System Backup' (all Win 10 related partitions) - a disk image on an external disk or storage location.

Then you can safely install more- and if problems occur, you have the option of restoring your image.

As you install things and reach a satisfactory state, update your image by creating a differential image (smaller, faster).

I'd guess all regular contributors here use disk imaging.

dalchina, May 12, 2017
  12. drjyp Win User
    Honestly, I have never backed up because I never really had the space. Now that I do, I guess I'm going to start. It would eliminate a bunch of problems i have fought... Thanks!

drjyp, May 12, 2017
  13. dalchina New Member

Good. Disk imaging means you have a second chance without technical help in many circumstances.

Replacing a failed disk becomes relatively trivial.

You can recover from ransomware (have you seen the news?); images act as a full backup from which you can retrieve files; with a Laplink product you can even use your image to automatically set up your new PC or clean installed OS with your programs and settings.

dalchina, May 12, 2017
  14. drjyp Win User
    So, I was wrong. My problem hasn't been solved. My page file continues to fill up to nearly 30gb and then my ram maxes out, I get out of memory errors, and the pc crashes. Nothing I do has either revealed the culprit, or fixed my problem for long. I have tried every fix that I can find online in every forum, to no avail. I am at my wit's end with this thing and really need some help to get this stupid thing to run right again. Anyone have any ideas? I'm happy to give you any information that you might need to help me get this thing running right again. Just let me know what you need.

drjyp, May 22, 2017
  15. drjyp Win User
    And, yes, I installed reflect, backed everything up, and restored it to the beginning, but still have the problem. Neither iolo system shield or windows defender has found any kind of virus in my system. I have run many scans with no viruses found...

drjyp, May 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 creators update constant crashing - Similar Threads - creators update constant

2. Windows 10 creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 creator update: I still do not get this update, is it normal? 84821
  3. omnipage pro 18 and windows 10 creators update: crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    omnipage pro 18 and windows 10 creators update: crash: omnipage pro 18 crashes before opening. using a windows 7 environment it opens 1 time out of 3 with the other attempts crashing. anyone else with this problem? thank you in advance. 89568
  4. Windows 10 Creators Update Crashing Frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Creators Update Crashing Frequently: Please help! I updated to the Windows 10 Creators Update about three weeks ago and it has destroyed my computer's reliability. I am getting crashes daily, sometimes twice daily, and I don't know why. The crashes always happen while I've stepped away from the computer - I've...
  5. Expression Web 4 crashes with Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expression Web 4 crashes with Windows 10 Creators Update: Expression Web 4 has worked great with Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit) through the 1607 version. When I upgraded to version 1703, most of Expression Web 4 still works, but when I try to add a hyperlink and click on the browse within the add link window, EW4 crashes. I can copy and...
  6. Constant BSODs with Ryzen and Windows 10 Creators [SOLVED]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSODs with Ryzen and Windows 10 Creators [SOLVED]: I built this system a month ago, and I get one or more BSOD's a day. I have had four Microsoft remote ins to help, but nothing. Yesterday I was caught in an endless boot loop of BSODs forcing me to re-install Windows. It seemed like things were fine, then I started playing...
  7. Windows 10 creator update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 creator update: I have just bought new laptop HP Elitebook X360 , which come with win 10 pro , I want to know if updating to windows 10 creator will remove my pre installed app and programs that came with it from HP company or not ! As it has many security features and drivers that I...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Creators Update: Hello,I am willing to try another more time (this will be the last try) to update my system.As you already know, my system is Windows 10, originally installed the Hebrew version and tailored on it the English language.Also installed Office 2007 and other programs...
  9. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creators Update crash: Hi all Just had a freeze of my windows 10 when I was out of the room. I was streaming a radio station and left Cent (Chrome clone) browser open and when I came back to the PC the sound was glitching, like repeating a sound very quickly and mouse and keyboard had frozen....