Windows 10: Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Okay so I installed the creators update 2 days ago and my "gaming" pc's performace is slower than ever. I also checked the cpu workload when I play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by windows10laggy, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues

Okay so I installed the creators update 2 days ago and my "gaming" pc's performace is slower than ever. I also checked the cpu workload when I play certain games and it has DOUBLED since I updated. I can literally feel how slow my pc got even when im only browsing the web. I tried the "game mode" which does nothing for me performance wise. Im not sure what to do since I can't go back to the previous version where everything was fine.

:)

windows10laggy, Apr 12, 2017
  2. StephenW7 Win User

Windows10 "Sync Your Settings" not working with a Local Active Directory Account

I can confirm this same issue when doing a fresh install of the Windows 10 Creators update.

If you upgrade from AU to creators update, the issue doesn't occur. If you perform a fresh install, the issue occurs.

This is being reported on other threads as well.

StephenW7, Apr 12, 2017
  3. Creators Update Performance Issues

Hi,

The performance issue that you are experiencing can occur due to several reasons, such as, not having the latest updates for Windows and device drivers, high memory/disk usage, etc. Here are some tips on how you can improve your computer's performance:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Apr 12, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues

I've noticed the same on a clean install, I could usually run several applications at once but no longer.

Bastet, Apr 12, 2017
  5. Yeah I kinda hope that microsoft improves the performance with updates. Next time I won't upgrade right away.

windows10laggy, Apr 13, 2017
  6. pparks1 Win User
    Yeah, I test early in a vm, but don't install to my actual machine for a little time.

pparks1, Apr 13, 2017
  7. Leechap Win User
    Yes, it is the price you pay for being a trail blazer on the cutting edge. *Cool

Troubleshooting is all part of the fun! Think how boring it would be (like Apple) if it "just worked"...who wants that!

Leechap, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues

1. Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues - Similar Threads - Creators Update performance

2. Windows 10 Fall Creators update issues and problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Fall Creators update issues and problems.: Hi all, I have big problems with the new MS update which prevents me from installing updates or drivers. It seems that MS has a mind of its own because whenever i install newer drivers it keeps saying that older drivers are installed in device manager.. This is what...
  3. Windows 10 Creators Update issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Creators Update issues: Hi I am not sure where i can post this issue. I was runninh anniversary update and updated to creators using assistant. Now when i go to file explorer i can see some icons but some the icons are missing on all drives. All i can see is folder icon on some but no text is...
  4. Screensaver Issues after updating to Windows 10 Creator

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver Issues after updating to Windows 10 Creator: I have just updated to Win10 Creator and experiencing some problems with the screen saver. The screen saver starts after the designated time, and displays my photographs in a random order. All good stuff ... it is performing exactly as it should. Normally, any key...
  5. Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.: I recently bought a new laptop, Acer E5-575G with good specs. It has an Intel i5 7200U, 4GB of RAM, 2GB Nvidia 940MX and 1TB hard drive. It came with DOS pre-installed so I had to install Windows 10 myself. All was fine until updating to the Fall Creators Update. Booting time...
  6. Windows 10 Creators Update video issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creators Update video issue: Hi I was notified by Windows Update that my system was ready to be upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Update. I always prefer to do clean installs, so I use the media creation tool and cleanly installed Windows 10 Creators Update. I have my monitor set to turn off after a...
  7. Creators Update performance issues

Creators Update performance issues: Hello everyone, I've bought a completely new rig, my specs are below: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P i7-7700k 32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX 250GB System SSD Samsung EVO 850 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB On this I've installed the new creators update of Win10 Pro, and without...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Update Games Performance Tweak

Windows 10 Creators Update Games Performance Tweak: Some games after CU Update was stuttering like hell, so I've tried all, disable Game Bar, Game Mode... no fix. And Microsoft employee answered my post on reddit saying to untick "Show Game Bar on fullscreen games verified by Microsoft" on "Settings > Games > Game Bar" not...
  9. Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues: I am having issues updating from 1703 to 1709, and I could use some help. I used the native Windows Update tool to download 1709. I restarted my computer when prompted to begin the installation. I got about a quarter of the way through the installation when I got a blue...
  10. Creator update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator update issues: I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all...