Windows 10: Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214)

Discus and support Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I don't understand why one machine got the KB and one hasn't. I realise you probably already know this and have checked but if, for some reason, your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vgchat, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Teeseaeff Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214)

I realise you probably already know this and have checked but if, for some reason, your machine has failed to instal KB4015217 cum. update during last Tuesday's patches then it wouldn't be offered the Privacy Settings Update.
    MS did state that newer machines, whatever that means, would be offered the Creators Update first over an unspecified roll out period. Perhaps their system identified your second machine as 'not so new'.

Teeseaeff, Apr 15, 2017

2. Thanks - my machine got that KB. It's just this kb4013214 that got omitted. Maybe it's as you suggest but I would of thought all machines would of got this KB at least in preparation - this is where it's so unclear from MS. And of course our other machine did get this KB but even 5 days later still no pop up to review privacy settings.

Scottyboy99, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Globespy Win User
    I would like to know how to completely get rid of this garbage. I installed the creators edition a few days ago and immediately started noticing performance issues with my Oculus among other things.
    I do not want this update, I thought by going into my advanced update and security settings and checking the "defer" box that Windows would leave me alone for a few months...but oh no. This 'reminder' to review my privacy settings continues.
    I can see that his KB was downloaded and installed on April 16th, but there's no option to uninstall or block it? What the hell? It's not even listed in the list of updates that can be uninstalled?
    I would simply like to keep my trusty 1607 Win 10 Pro build and avoid this garbage that frankly I do not want or need?

Thanks! *Smile

Globespy, Apr 17, 2017
  4. telepro21 Win User

telepro21, Apr 17, 2017
  5. Thank you. I think I'll wait it out for now. I read reports about iTunes not playing nice with Windows 10 Creators Update. As my mobile and tablet devices of choice are apple this is a little concerning. As much as I don't like Apple's arrogant attitude I do feel Microsoft keeps moving the goalposts with these major updates so regulary. Hopefully by the time CU rolls down the pipe to me iTunes will be more compatible (having received an update)

Scottyboy99, Apr 17, 2017
  6. Globespy Win User
    I found another thread in this forum that provides a handy registry file to get rid of the reminders to check privacy and security before the update will be mandatorily forced. Essentially you don't need to bother with the update if you don't want it.
    I chatted with Microsoft support and their only option was to roll back my PC, as the KB can't be removed. Because it's "important". To who?
    Anyway, this would have created a ton of work for me as I have a lot of custom stuff going on that took many hours to setup after I had to reimage my PC post the Creator update disaster.
    So just letting anyone who might be in the same position as me know there's a better solution.

Cheers.

Globespy, Apr 17, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    For those who want to retrigger the Update and Privacy settings, in task scheduler navigate to \Microsoft\Windows\UNP\Campains\{91be532c-f9f1-406a-9858-43697c6f437a} and run the task named 'Time'.

Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214) [​IMG]
    Note It'll only occur once in a while, I believe once a day

I restored a backup of yesterday to figure out it'll only run once in a while after I triggered the task.

Note I'm not 100% sure if the CSLID (red marked) is the same for everyone, but I assume there is only 1 folder below Campains folder so go to the folder below Campains folder

8. SEP555 Win User

Are you able to download KB4013214 manually? WU has installed KB4015217 but not KB4013214 yet

SEP555, Apr 23, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    As far as I searched there is no manual download for it.

10. SEP555 Win User
    I guess as its done the previous two required updates for CU this last one will arrive soon. taking its time about it for some reason

SEP555, Apr 24, 2017
  11. Yep sure is taking its time. I still don't get why one of my machines got it whilst the other hasn't. Yet the one that got the privacy settings update still hasn't been offered creators update or had the pop up to verify privacy settings. As per usual a total of clarity from MS. I have no idea if the pc that hasn't got this KB is acting up and should of received it.

Scottyboy99, Apr 24, 2017
  12. Well, the machine that had installed this KB 2 weeks ago finally popped up with the review settings just now and is downloading the update through windows update. Typical that it does at 11pm, being edgy about it I will babysit the process!!! Still no sign of the KB on our main machine though.

it boggles the mind that MS pushes the update to decrepit BRIX mini PC running an old SSD, pentium (!) and integrated Intel gpu which is barely quicker than an old commodore yet the machine rocking skylake, Samsung SSD and nvidia 980ti still waits. I thought they were targeting newer hardware first.

Scottyboy99, Apr 25, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

They're targeting OEMs and insiders first I believe, doesn't explain why my pc got the update at the same time as my laptop though

14. SEP555 Win User
    Decided not to wait and got it via the assistant. Installed with no probs so far

SEP555, Apr 27, 2017
  15. temesin Win User
    What do you mean by "It'll only occur once in a while, I believe once a day"?
    I ran it manually by right clicking on Time in task scheduler but nothing happened.
    Do I have to wait "for a while" and the review settings window will appear suddenly or what?

Thx.!

I restored a backup of yesterday to figure out it'll only run once in a while after I triggered the task.

Note I'm not 100% sure if the CSLID (red marked) is the same for everyone, but I assume there is only 1 folder below Campains folder so go to the folder below Campains folder

temesin, May 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214) - Similar Threads - Creators Update Privacy

2. privacy settings and windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    privacy settings and windows updates: Hello, I am trying to update my computer settings for a number of reasons and want to ensure privacy for myself and family even if someone is diligently looking to access my accounts, super intel IT people which may be an exaggeration but I have a younger child wild with...
  3. Windows 10 privacy settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 privacy settings: I have 5 Windows 10 Home laptops for my homeschooled kids. I have activity reporting enabled so I can keep and eye on what they're doing. Is there a way I can keep them from accessing the privacy settings to turn activity reporting off? My oldest is smart enough to figure...
  4. Windows Update and Privacy Settings?

Windows Update and Privacy Settings?: I receive this error message: what to do There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)...
  5. How to get to Privacy Settings for Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get to Privacy Settings for Creators Update: I've been getting the Notification for Privacy Settings for Creators Update for a while now in the Action Center on one of my PCs. And I've been clicking on "Remind Me Later" for a while now. Today I wanted to get that PC updated to CU, but the notification is no longer in...
  6. Best Windows Update settings for Creators Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best Windows Update settings for Creators Update?: I just finished upgrading to the Creators Update, and would like to know the best Windows Update settings. I don't want any unexpected restarts, and I would like the option of being asked before installing each update, so I can properly prepare, rather than risk Windows...
  7. Creators Update and Networking settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creators Update and Networking settings: I have a client who's point of sale software runs on Windows 10 Pro, and yes I know they should be using Windows Server but that changeover isn't going to be happening for a while. When this machine had the anniversary update installed last year, it reset all the networking...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Edition privacy settings message does not display

Windows 10 Creators Edition privacy settings message does not display: Hello Until earlier today, there was a message in Action Centre on my Windows 10 PC concerning the need to reset privacy settings before the Creators Update can install. Well this message no longer appears even with a re-boot. Does anyone know if this message can be...
  9. Privacy enhancements coming to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Privacy enhancements coming to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: In April, we outlined significant enhancements made to the Windows 10 Creators Update that gives you more control to make informed decisions about your privacy. Those enhancements included improving in-product information about your privacy, updates to the Microsoft privacy...
  10. Safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings?: Is it safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings after you've installed the Windows 10 Creators Update? I've just upgraded to the Windows 10 Creators Update from Windows 10 1607, using the Windows Update Assistant. I got fed up waiting for the CU to come via...