Windows 10: Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214)

Discus and support Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi temesin, Welcome to the 10forums *Smile I ran the task a few times on the same day, the review setting window only showed up the first time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vgchat, Apr 11, 2017.

1. axe0 New Member

Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214)

Hi temesin,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

I ran the task a few times on the same day, the review setting window only showed up the first time.

If you do nothing, the review setting window will appear suddenly within 3-4 days.
    If you wait at least 1 day and then run the task again, it should work.

2. temesin Win User

OK I understand now.
    So if I want to "provoke" the appearance of that window basically I can do it once a day *Smile
    Interesting....i am curious how they solved this, I can't see any option in the task scheduler which make this available.

Anyway thanks for your help!

temesin, May 19, 2017
  3. axe0 New Member
    This kind of things are programically done, compare current time against last time the window was opened would be how I'd check it.

4. afhobbs23 Win User

I have the same question. On my wife's computer (a newer computer we bought in March). We hit the Remind Me Later. It was in the Action Center, but now it's gone. How do you prompt it to come back?

afhobbs23, May 23, 2017
  5. Teeseaeff Win User
    Just give it 24 hours. It's pretty routine for me now. I'll click 'Remind Me Later' and it'll sit in the Action Centre. After 3 or 4 days it'll disappear for a few hours before the banner will suddenly appear again, often just after it next checks for updates again. I do have my machine on much of each day, though, so I suppose it might take a little longer for someone who doesn't.
    Personally I find it a nice neat method of postponing installation of the creators update, considering how difficult MS often make it to block updates these days. Presumably all I need do when I do decide to instal is complete the Update and Privacy settings, following which it should be offered at the next automatic update check.

Teeseaeff, May 23, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214) - Similar Threads - Creators Update Privacy

2. privacy settings and windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    privacy settings and windows updates: Hello, I am trying to update my computer settings for a number of reasons and want to ensure privacy for myself and family even if someone is diligently looking to access my accounts, super intel IT people which may be an exaggeration but I have a younger child wild with...
  3. Windows 10 privacy settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 privacy settings: I have 5 Windows 10 Home laptops for my homeschooled kids. I have activity reporting enabled so I can keep and eye on what they're doing. Is there a way I can keep them from accessing the privacy settings to turn activity reporting off? My oldest is smart enough to figure...
  4. Windows Update and Privacy Settings?

Windows Update and Privacy Settings?: I receive this error message: what to do There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)...
  5. How to get to Privacy Settings for Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get to Privacy Settings for Creators Update: I've been getting the Notification for Privacy Settings for Creators Update for a while now in the Action Center on one of my PCs. And I've been clicking on "Remind Me Later" for a while now. Today I wanted to get that PC updated to CU, but the notification is no longer in...
  6. Best Windows Update settings for Creators Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best Windows Update settings for Creators Update?: I just finished upgrading to the Creators Update, and would like to know the best Windows Update settings. I don't want any unexpected restarts, and I would like the option of being asked before installing each update, so I can properly prepare, rather than risk Windows...
  7. Creators Update and Networking settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creators Update and Networking settings: I have a client who's point of sale software runs on Windows 10 Pro, and yes I know they should be using Windows Server but that changeover isn't going to be happening for a while. When this machine had the anniversary update installed last year, it reset all the networking...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Edition privacy settings message does not display

Windows 10 Creators Edition privacy settings message does not display: Hello Until earlier today, there was a message in Action Centre on my Windows 10 PC concerning the need to reset privacy settings before the Creators Update can install. Well this message no longer appears even with a re-boot. Does anyone know if this message can be...
  9. Privacy enhancements coming to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Privacy enhancements coming to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: In April, we outlined significant enhancements made to the Windows 10 Creators Update that gives you more control to make informed decisions about your privacy. Those enhancements included improving in-product information about your privacy, updates to the Microsoft privacy...
  10. Safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings?: Is it safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings after you've installed the Windows 10 Creators Update? I've just upgraded to the Windows 10 Creators Update from Windows 10 1607, using the Windows Update Assistant. I got fed up waiting for the CU to come via...