Windows 10: Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation

Discus and support Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After Microsoft pushes the Windows 10 Creators update, is it then possible to make de installation silent? I've tried de manual update, but you'll get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lamert, Apr 10, 2017.

1. lamert Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation

After Microsoft pushes the Windows 10 Creators update, is it then possible to make de installation silent?
    I've tried de manual update, but you'll get the 'Welcome to Windows 10!' screen...

The reason I want to do this, is because I've got a lot of customers with Win 10 and automatic updates on. A program will start up on boot and the focus needs to be on this. I'm afraid that when the creators update is installed the program won't be show because of the welcome screen...

Anybody got any ideas on this?

:)

lamert, Apr 10, 2017
  2. Tomek-sw Win User

Update Anniversary W10 to Creator W10 on mac mini 2014 fail

But FIRST install latest Beta macos whitch "silent" update fw on the mac mini 2014 mobo.

Only then can you install Creator and Fall Creator on mini Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation :)

Tomek-sw, Apr 10, 2017
  3. KrisPD Win User
    Hyper-V virtual switch causes slow download speeds

Hey Aaron,

My issue was related to an ethernet driver issue from Intel. If you install Intel's Management Driver, it won't play well with windows 10 pro and causes this issue it seems. Unfortunately, this silently happens after the Fall Creator Update, so I had
    to figure this out by wiping the host machine again.

Hope this helps.

KrisPD, Apr 10, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation

Steps For Silennt installation
    1) Download ISO File
    2) Mount ISO File
    3) Call Setup.exe with silent switch (/auto upgrade /quiet).
    Example H:\setup.exe /auto upgrade /quiet

Prabhu Shan, Apr 18, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    How are you triggering this program? Task scheduler? Autostart entry?

From your description of the program "being in focus" it sounds like you mean at log on rather than at startup. In task scheduler these two triggers act the same (at log on) unless you've enrolled the user to run batchjobs which doesn't sound the case here as batch jobs don't display to the screen so can't get focus. In Task Scheduler what is the difference between “at logon” and “at startup”? - Super User

For me programs starting at log on acted normally after the "Getting things ready" screen but you'd have to test it I guess.

6. lamert Win User
    This program is in the startup folder of Windows 10 (C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup).

So it's 'At log on' for a specific user. There's broadcasting software on it for advertisement etc.
    But thanks for the info, I'm gonna make a new testing environment. Are pushed updates always silent?

lamert, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation

1. Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation - Similar Threads - Creators Update silent

2. windows update silent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update silent update: hi guys i have setupcomplete.cmd how can i add silent update (update) for windows 10 21h1 pro x64 as in the picture t44ecs4.png 183334
  3. windows update silent update

in Windows 10 Support
    windows update silent update: hi guys i have setupcomplete.cmd how can i add silent update (update) for windows 10 21h1 pro x64 as in the picture t44ecs4.png 183334
  4. installing the Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing the Windows 10 Creators Update: The Discussion …. Text may not appear in the Windows interface on some devices after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update...
  5. Windows 10 Creator Update freezes during installation

Windows 10 Creator Update freezes during installation: It all began with the Fall Creator Update after a clean Reinstall of Windows 10. Downloading works fine, but when I'm going to restart Windows to update, it works until 33%, then it crashes, after cold restart it continues until 54% and after another restart it continues...
  6. creator update installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update installed: Minor problems, (or annoyances), after installing. 1 problem remains, I play dominoes on playdrift, after update of creator now all the dominoes flash when they move, very annoying, game plays correctly. Did update change something causing this, did edge change something....
  7. Windows 10 Fresh Install Fall Creators Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Fresh Install Fall Creators Update?: Hello about to install Windows 10 onto a new PC I have Windows 10 on USB is it possible yet to just install to the latest version or do I need to update after install? Thanks 99200
  8. How to update Windows 10 - but not to have Creator's Update installed?

How to update Windows 10 - but not to have Creator's Update installed?: Is there a way to keep Windows 10 updated, but not have the Creator's Update installed automatically? At least not for the time being. I'd like to get updates for my present build# though. Maybe after a few months the bugs/flaws have been solved and I will do a fresh...
  9. Windows 10 Creators Update - Clean installation

Windows 10 Creators Update - Clean installation: I just received Windows 10 Creators Update, and I also want to perform a clean installation, but does the Windows 10 download right now from Microsoft website contains this update? Or I will have to do a clean install, and then wait a bit (a few days, hours?), or, I will be...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...