Windows 10: Windows 10 Creators update wont install USB devices

Discus and support Windows 10 Creators update wont install USB devices in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all. I installed the creators update for windows 10 and my USB hard drive stopped working, i thought nothing of it and thought it may just be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vinylpusher, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Creators update wont install USB devices

Hello all.

I installed the creators update for windows 10 and my USB hard drive stopped working, i thought nothing of it and thought it may just be the hard drive. I unplugged and uninstalled my Bluetooth headset, then it wouldnt allow me to re-install it, just kept saying "a driver has been found but there is a problem installing the device"

I rolled back to my last build and everything worked ok.

Stupidly i tried the update again, but this time, after i unplugged my mouse and keyboard to try different ports for the USB devices, they then wouldn't work when plugged back in, along with any of my other USB devices.

As i was unable to roll back (no mouse or keyboard to navigate) i have had to re-install windows 10 and im back to square one.

Anyone else experienced this? is it just a case of DONT install the creators update? any fix for it?

Thanks

:)

vinylpusher, Jun 2, 2017

2. Windows 10 Creators Update wont install

Windows 10 Creators Update wont install

wayneofferman, Jun 2, 2017
  3. windows 10 creator update wont install

windows 10 creator update wont install

wayneofferman, Jun 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 Creators update wont install USB devices

Just a comment- if stuck again like that, boot from a Win 10 bootable medium, click 'Repair your computer' and navigate to 'Go back to previous build' to roll back.

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  5. Thanks,

even though I'm windows it's never had an issue rolling back, (I've done it 3 times previously), this time yeah I tried that, but it said there was a problem rolling back.

Tried everything for 3 days in the end I was getting nowhere but managed to use the repair tools to get to file explorer and back everything up before re installing.

vinylpusher, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Creators update wont install USB devices

1. Windows 10 Creators update wont install USB devices - Similar Threads - Creators update wont

2. Running windows 10 from USB device on this computer, and it wont update to a USB device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running windows 10 from USB device on this computer, and it wont update to a USB device: At some point the a windows 10 updated failed on this computer that was to difficult to fix at the time. As a work around I used a USB drive with a boot up copy of windows 10 1803 to start up and run this computer. I have been running this computer for two years this way and...
  3. Pc wont connect to monitor or usb devices after Windows 10 install

Pc wont connect to monitor or usb devices after Windows 10 install: Hi all, I recently upgraded my friend's pc from windows xp to windows 10. Everything went smoothly. No problems with installation occured, after all was done, the pc booted up normally with desktop and everything. But then I shut it down and when I tried to turn it on the...
  4. installing the Windows 10 Creators Update

installing the Windows 10 Creators Update: The Discussion …. Text may not appear in the Windows interface on some devices after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update...
  5. Windows 10 Creator Update freezes during installation

Windows 10 Creator Update freezes during installation: It all began with the Fall Creator Update after a clean Reinstall of Windows 10. Downloading works fine, but when I'm going to restart Windows to update, it works until 33%, then it crashes, after cold restart it continues until 54% and after another restart it continues...
  6. creator update installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update installed: Minor problems, (or annoyances), after installing. 1 problem remains, I play dominoes on playdrift, after update of creator now all the dominoes flash when they move, very annoying, game plays correctly. Did update change something causing this, did edge change something....
  7. USB Soundcard issue since Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Soundcard issue since Windows 10 Creators Update: Hello, I wonder if anyone could help me please. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and I'm having USB soundcard issues, since updating to the creators. I have tried a couple of different USB cards one being an Asus U3 and the other being a cheaper USB soundcard "Ugreen". I...
  8. USB Drive not showing up as connected device - Creators Update Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Drive not showing up as connected device - Creators Update Problem: So a while ago I detailed problems I was having with a usb device not showing up as connected on my main pc here: USB Drive (Media Player) failing to show up as connected device - Windows 10 Forums I had two other laptops both on Windows 10 where the device connected fine....
  9. Windows 10 Creators Update - Clean installation

Windows 10 Creators Update - Clean installation: I just received Windows 10 Creators Update, and I also want to perform a clean installation, but does the Windows 10 download right now from Microsoft website contains this update? Or I will have to do a clean install, and then wait a bit (a few days, hours?), or, I will be...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation

Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation: After Microsoft pushes the Windows 10 Creators update, is it then possible to make de installation silent? I've tried de manual update, but you'll get the 'Welcome to Windows 10!' screen... The reason I want to do this, is because I've got a lot of customers with Win 10...