Windows 10: Windows 10 - Credential Manager Web passwords disappear but edge still inserts them

Discus and support Windows 10 - Credential Manager Web passwords disappear but edge still inserts them in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All my website security credentials have disappeared form Windows credential manager Microsoft Edge continues to use them on relevant website log in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Robert~, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Robert~ Win User

Windows 10 - Credential Manager Web passwords disappear but edge still inserts them

All my website security credentials have disappeared form Windows credential manager

Microsoft Edge continues to use them on relevant website log in pages

I have 2 questions

1. Why have they disappeared

2. Why does Microsoft Edge continue to use them

This is a very serious security issue where edge continues to use credentials that don't exist in windows

Edge Version 83.0.478.54 Official build 32-bit

Windows 10 Pro version 2004, OS Build 19041.329, Widows feature experience pack 120.2202.130.0

I have no interest whatsoever in anyone telling me how to restore them or telling me that they cannot be restored I have the list in an Access database and can restore them from that
    I am very concerned that Edge continues to automatically insert them despite the fact that they don't exist in windows

:)

Robert~, Jun 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Credential Manager lost web passwords

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me conform that Credential Manager stores passwords that are either related to Microsoft account or web browsers to your PC.

- Which passwords are you referring to?

- Are they related to a particular web browser? (I.e. Microsoft Edge or Chrome or Internet Explorer)

If they are related to a web browser, then I suggest you to check by going manually to that particular web browser to see if the saved password is listed there.

Keep us posted the status.

Guru Kiran G, Jun 22, 2020
  3. vsalyan Win User
    Credential Manager error in WINDOWS 10

I resolved this issue on my machine by

• Close Credential Manager if it's open
    • Opening up Edge, going to Settings - Advanced Settings - Privacy and Services - Manage my saved passwords.
    • Delete all of your saved passwords
    • Close Edge
    • Open Credential Manager - Web Credentials
    It should open and work normally.

I'm guessing that Edge and the Windows 10 Web Credentials panel get out of sync somehow and the error occurs. After I did this the Edge saved passwords panel was empty... I'm not sure if you should see the Windows 10 Web Credentials also within Edge saved
    passwords?

Anyway, it works now!

vsalyan, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Credential Manager Web passwords disappear but edge still inserts them

Windows 10 - Credential Manager lost web passwords

Hi Guru Kiran G

- Which passwords are you referring to?

I'm talking about Web Credentials, those saved when you select save password on Internet Explorer or Edge (when you open Credential Manager you have 2 tabs: Web Credentials and Windows Credentials)

- Are they related to a particular web browser? (I.e. Microsoft Edge or Chrome or Internet Explorer)

Yes, like I said, they are related to IE and Edge

I checked on Edge and IE and they stores passwords correctly. I made a test and passwords are saved correctly on Credentials Manager.

What wonders me is that I lost all my past passwords. I can confirm that they were saved correctly on Credentials Manager.

1 Is there a way to recover them? I'm pretty sure that they are synced via cloud using Microsoft account

Thanks,

Andrea

AndreaCesaro, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Credential Manager Web passwords disappear but edge still inserts them

1. Windows 10 - Credential Manager Web passwords disappear but edge still inserts them - Similar Threads - Credential Manager Web

2. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  3. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  4. credential web passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    credential web passwords: hi,out of the blue, passwords that were always in web credentials disappeared. know its not saving any? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-web-passwords/5db58466-5bc0-48a7-9e5e-9edf48cdba11
  5. My web credentials do not show any saved sights of passwords I have them and use them in edge.

My web credentials do not show any saved sights of passwords I have them and use them in edge.: I know you can look at your saved passwords in password manager but mine do not show any saved sights of passwords I have them and use them in edge. I could see them on my old computer using windows 10 but on both my new HP laptops nothing shows up. I do have saved password...
  6. Credential manager - Web Credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credential manager - Web Credentials: For quite some time now I have been troubleshooting this issue, but can not find any solution to it yet. Registry changes nor GPO setting help to solve this issue. So, what I am experiencing. I am running my laptop on Windows 10 Insider latest build with Edge Chromium. I...
  7. Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials

Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials: I have observed an issue with my WINDOWS 10 corporate PC. It seems Windows Credential Manager is unable to sync my passwords. As a preliminary troubleshooting, I have completed all the following steps but Credential Manager is still unable to sync my Web & Windows passwords....
  8. Web Credential Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Credential Manager: I was looking for a password in the Web Credential Manager. I came across an entry I did not recognize. The credential is for http://E93EC0BD-87BD-4933-9E3A-89160C088DA9/. I can find a few people asking about this entry on their computers, but I cannot find an official...
  9. Disappearing Web Credentials

in Browsers and Email
    Disappearing Web Credentials: Not sure why but my web credentials keep disappearing. It's happened a couple of times since 1809 update. Fortunately I've been able to restore them with MR. Has anybody else had this problem and does anyone know why it's happening. Any responses are appreciated. 128485
  10. Disappearing Web Credentials

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Web Credentials: Not sure why but my web credentials keep disappearing. It's happened a couple of times since 1809 update. Fortunately I've been able to restore them with MR. Has anybody else had this problem and does anyone know why it's happening. Any responses are appreciated. 128485