Windows 10: Windows 10 Credentials Problems and Questions

Discus and support Windows 10 Credentials Problems and Questions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Couple of questions:#1: Saw no request for a user/password when reinstalling Windows 10. I was asked for my Microsoft site ID during install which is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RaymondRider, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Credentials Problems and Questions

Couple of questions:#1: Saw no request for a user/password when reinstalling Windows 10. I was asked for my Microsoft site ID during install which is my email and a password given a long time ago, plus asked for PIN#. The PIN# is what I use to logon to my Windows 10 machine. What has happened to the actual machine user and password to do admin tasks? I never see the opportunity to see, set, or ask for that choice since my reinstallation. #2: When I try to connect to other Windows 10 systems on my local LAN, I am asked to enter an ID and Password for that Host in order to see files in the File

:)

RaymondRider, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Credentials Problems and Questions

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Credentials Problems and Questions

1. Windows 10 Credentials Problems and Questions - Similar Threads - Credentials Problems Questions

2. Creating Computer log in credentials question ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Creating Computer log in credentials question ?: When creating a Windows Computer log in creadentials which are the outlook gmail and not gmail account creation alias, password , name and surname allowed characters ? and which locations and birth date can you choose according to your pc region without having to confirm the...
  3. Credential manager question

Credential manager question: Hello! I bought this computer a number of years ago and never set up a login password. It has since been upgraded to Win 10. When I attempted to access my web credentials today to find a forgotten password, when I click on "view" to see the password for a particular...
  4. Windows 10 security question problem

Windows 10 security question problem: I am locked out of my windows 10 tablet because it is asking me for the answer to a security question that I didn't pick and didn't answer. So I am not able to answer it correctly. What can I do?...
  5. the vmware problem in credential

the vmware problem in credential: I mean its an certificate in thrusted problem,i mean wmvare software disabled the certificate by its self,also was there an threat for vmware in the last win 10 update.but i mean the problem resolves with an new digital signature to vmware,total must get and send out in an...
  6. vmware credential problem

vmware credential problem: I believe its a win 10 problem and not an vmware problem,vmware load ups correct and give an error message about credential fault,also is the fault in windows latest update,who is recognised of vmware,its so simple for microsoft, to send out an update who worked,before this...
  7. Login problems and credentials

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login problems and credentials: My boss was asked this morning to change her login password because it had expired. She did but now the computer is not accepting the new password and its asking for her credentials. what can she do?...
  8. network credential problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network credential problem: - trying to connect laptop to desktop and copy files - can see the drives but when I try to connect - says "Windows cannot access //drivename" "you do not have permission to access //drivename". See your network administrator" That is me - only user, administrator is me...
  9. network credentials problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network credentials problem: I am unable to access files on my wireless network that I have accessed before. I receive a message that my credentials are not correct to access the PC where the files are....
  10. Credentials Manager... a general question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Credentials Manager... a general question.: I discovered the 'Credential Manager' in W10 for the first time today... and I'm puzzled. I use MS Edge as my only browser and have many sites (such as this one) set up as a favourite and with login details stored by Edge. So far so good. And everything works, there is no...