Windows 10: Windows 10 critical device failed

Discus and support Windows 10 critical device failed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting this error message. I am unable to safe boot, reset pc, and ive tried multiple commands in the cmd. What should i do? Is my pc broken,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pickleking23, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 critical device failed

I keep getting this error message. I am unable to safe boot, reset pc, and ive tried multiple commands in the cmd. What should i do? Is my pc broken, if so can i save my parts like my hardrive ram graphics card processor motherboard ssd etc.

:)

pickleking23, Jan 12, 2020
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 12, 2020
  3. titan5800 Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 critical device failed

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 critical device failed

1. Windows 10 critical device failed - Similar Threads - critical device failed

2. critical service failed windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    critical service failed windows 10: Hey All,My laptop running Windows 10 Pro for some reason goes straight to the BSOD and it seems entirely bricked my laptop Lenovo X1 Carbon.So once it "boots" I get an Automatic Repair screen giving me the options to Shutdown or Advanced options.Once I cycle through these - I...
  3. critical service failed windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    critical service failed windows 10: Hey All,My laptop running Windows 10 Pro for some reason goes straight to the BSOD and it seems entirely bricked my laptop Lenovo X1 Carbon.So once it "boots" I get an Automatic Repair screen giving me the options to Shutdown or Advanced options.Once I cycle through these - I...
  4. critical service failed windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CRITICAL _ SERVICE _ FAILED

CRITICAL _ SERVICE _ FAILED: The device cannot enter Windows 11 and gives me a blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-service-failed/7d77f0cf-0cd9-48bf-a725-2681e3d2a3b4
  6. CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED: Hi, i am an italian programmer excuse me for my poor english and i have a big problem with my laptop.Since many days i was trying to install the latest Win11 cumulative update but it stopped reaching 33% of the process and restarted continuously.I have investigated the...
  7. Critical service failed

Critical service failed: Suddenly it is showing BSOD critical service failed in windows 11 Anybody can you give me a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-service-failed/55fcbb60-b804-4819-9756-b85ef76010f4
  8. Critical service failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical service failed: When I Restart my computer its show Stop code:Critical Service failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-service-failed/0d900236-b4f7-4b47-8945-d7eb22c4ba68
  9. CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED: today when I was restarting my pc it suddenly take longer time and blue screen came in the last line it was written CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED you can search later. after some time I search online for it and I now saw my desktop back. but after full system scan I restart my pc...
  10. Windows 10 critical service failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 critical service failed: I have been trying for months now to get my pc out of this constant restart cycle and when i finally got an answer that has a high chance of working IE installing the creator update the way i booted my computer to desktop, by disabling driver enforcement, now just gives me a...