Windows 10: Windows 10 Critical Error BSOD. Unable to enter safe mode and no system restore or repair

Discus and support Windows 10 Critical Error BSOD. Unable to enter safe mode and no system restore or repair in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Qwenty87 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8kh2d/windows_10_critical_error_bsod_unable_to_enter/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Qwenty87, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Critical Error BSOD. Unable to enter safe mode and no system restore or repair

/u/Qwenty87, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Logz1n Win User

BSOD and I can't enter automatic repair mode

so, my computer is Windows 10 and it is in a BSOD loop with the error "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED", so it stays in that loop forever, the computer does not go into automatic repair mode, and I was also unable to enter this mode by interrupting startup three
    times (like I read in some sites). I don't know what else to do because I can't even enter safe mode, or auto repair mode, stay in this Critical process died loop forever.

Please someone help me.

Logz1n, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Cannot enter safe mode

Hi, My Asus laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop while trying to fix error 0x80070091, I've tried following things:
    Use this guide: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use the option 'reset this pc' and tried to use 'system recovery' but all to no avail.
    While in this startup repair loop it also seems impossible to enter safe mode. (I've tried to enter safe mode pressing F5 from the startup settings screen). I guess using the tweaking repair program will solve this error (0x80070091) but obviously I have to enter safe mode first. Any suggestions?

Thx!

Ray

raymond1984, Oct 10, 2020
  4. arbit Win User

Windows 10 Critical Error BSOD. Unable to enter safe mode and no system restore or repair

BSOD ACPI.sys Error 0xc000000f - Unable to boot in to any mode

When I came in to my home office this morning my PC was on with a BSoD. I thought this was odd because I hibernated the device the evening before, but I also recall possible Updates Pending (but cannot be certain!).

I've spent all day trying to fix the error with no such luck.

The symptoms:
    - Immediately BSOD's, milliseconds after Windows screen.
    - Unable to boot in to safe mode (straight back to BSOD)
    - Unable to boot in to safe mode with networking or with command prompt (BSOD's)

Here's what I get on boot:

The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.
    File: \Windows\System32\drivers\ACPI.sys
    Error Code: 0xc000000f

Here's what I have tried:

Advanced Options > Startup Repair
    "Startup Repair could not repair your PC".

Advanced Options > Uninstall Updates
    It returns "you have pending actions and we won't be able to uninstall the latest quality update, try startup repair."

System Restore
    It does find one restore point created two days ago, but this

SFC /Scannow
    This runs and states there were no issues.

DISM (DISM /Image:E:\ /Cleanup-Image /RevertPendingActions)
    This started to run and then ran in to an error. I have attached the logs:
    Attachment 225009

Any suggestions?

arbit, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Critical Error BSOD. Unable to enter safe mode and no system restore or repair

1. Windows 10 Critical Error BSOD. Unable to enter safe mode and no system restore or repair - Similar Threads - Critical Error BSOD

2. BSOD: Critical system error after a system restore. Safe mode nonfunctional. 0x80070002...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD: Critical system error after a system restore. Safe mode nonfunctional. 0x80070002...: Hello,I have an decade old and ailing gaming computer that is suffering from a Critical Process Died error after I had performed a system restore to reset the drivers for a Wacom drawing tablet that had stopped being detected as a monitor. The computer was working until it...
  3. BSOD: Critical system error after a system restore. Safe mode nonfunctional. 0x80070002...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: Critical system error after a system restore. Safe mode nonfunctional. 0x80070002...: Hello,I have an decade old and ailing gaming computer that is suffering from a Critical Process Died error after I had performed a system restore to reset the drivers for a Wacom drawing tablet that had stopped being detected as a monitor. The computer was working until it...
  4. BSOD: Critical system error after a system restore. Safe mode nonfunctional. 0x80070002...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD, cannot enter Safe Mode, System Restore, nothing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, cannot enter Safe Mode, System Restore, nothing.: Hello, I lack the knowledge of computers and hope I receive some help. I had a pc built for my younger sister and it was fine until she received the BSOD. There were cycles of resetting that led to no improvements regardless of whether I chose to enter Safe Mode, clearing...
  6. Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode.: I have the same issue as the link below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/critical-process-died-no-restore-point-unable-to/99a81afc-cb4a-488f-b594-168e0bcccb6e?page=1 My issue happened after i tried to restore my laptop to an earlier...
  7. Dell laptop - Critical Process Died, unable to enter safe Mode and unable to Recover.

Dell laptop - Critical Process Died, unable to enter safe Mode and unable to Recover.: Hi, I have a Dell laptop which I have been using, recently it has encountered a problem with clicking on file explorer or any folders, it would say no app is associated with this, I tried to recover the laptop to an earlier date, after doing so the laptop was stuck logging...
  8. Critical process died. Restoring fails. Unable to Reset. Unable to start in safe mode

Critical process died. Restoring fails. Unable to Reset. Unable to start in safe mode: My system is running on win 10 build 1909 with GTX 1050Ti card. From yesterday, the system started crashing often, I thought it will be some graphics driver issue and I reinstalled it. Still it was crashing and after that the BSOD screen with error "Critical process died"...
  9. Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore: I'm not sure if this is the right section for this thread, if not I apologize. A couple of nights ago my computer was in the process of going to sleep and it decided instead it wanted to crash. I restarted it the next morning and was greeted by the screen telling me that...
  10. System Restore in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore in Safe Mode: Hi all, Okay, this is the first time I ran System Restore and not sure if it worked or not. I had an incompatibility issue with the system and figured I'll revert back to a previous configuration that worked. Using the regular method always gave an error and saying...