Windows 10: Windows 10 critical process died

Discus and support Windows 10 critical process died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was in the middle of doing a system restore as I accidentally deleted my downloads. The restore froze and now I am getting a critical process died... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristineGouthro, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 critical process died

I was in the middle of doing a system restore as I accidentally deleted my downloads. The restore froze and now I am getting a critical process died error. I have a blue screen that gives me 3 options, continue, troubleshoot and turn off your pc. I don't know what to do?

:)

ChristineGouthro, Apr 5, 2020
  2. singh Win User

Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    Windows 10 critical process died [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 critical process died

critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 critical process died

1. Windows 10 critical process died - Similar Threads - critical process died

2. Windows 10 Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Critical Process Died: Greetings all. The sad day has come that my Win 10 Pro install succumbed to a dreaded BSOD Critical Process Died. Initially it would reboot and fail again incessantly. finally I was able to get to the Windows Recovery Environment, and reloaded a previous restore point. That...
  3. Windows 10 Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Critical Process Died: Hi Microsoft Community, This is my first post on this forum so hello everyone. This is also the first time I need help ... I recently started working as tech support so I'm learning a lot and trying stuff on my laptop. As a user of Windows 10 Family version, I...
  4. Windows 10 Critical Process died

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Critical Process died: Methods i have tried to fix this problem with 1. Boot into safe mode - Blue screen critical process died 2. Startup repair srttrail.txt error 3.startup setting's all 9 types Every startup ended with the blue screen critical process died 4. Cmmd prompt 4.1...
  5. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Process Died: So I recently got this, and and it would restart the computer, but I’d turn it off and on before it could restart so it would go back to my main screen, but today I just let it go all the way through and now it’s making me reinstall windows 10 with the product key. It’s been...
  6. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: I can't start the computer, I always get the blue screen with the stop code critical process died. I tried restoring the system but it asked to turn on protection for the disk. I tried to do so through commands (net start vss, rstrui) and even though I was allowed to choose a...
  7. Windows 10 Critical Process Died :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Critical Process Died :: I tried everything posted online and nothing works. I can't get into windows. When it boots up it goes directly to Recovery mode. Safe mode doesn't work. System Restore doesn't work. I try to install Windows as an upgrade to save my personal files but it alerts me that this...
  8. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED on Windows 10

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED on Windows 10: When I force shut down my laptop to goto sleep then in the morning my laptop wont boot into windows it kept saying Critical process died and I cannot boot into safe mode because it kept saying critical process died and then I boot in recovery mode and I cant open cmd because...
  9. Critical process died

Critical process died: I receive the issue Critical process died after each booting. I can not roll back to the restore point because I get the same error. The Safe Mode didn’t help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/4cbc9ee9-0a1b-4c14-a983-1881d5d2e2ef
  10. Windows 10 critical process died

Windows 10 critical process died: I have tried every solution provided by Microsoft for the stopcode: critical process died. Windows 10 will not load. I have tried to use auto repair, advanced options, system restore, startup repair, command prompt and startup settings and none of them seem to work. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. critical process died windows 10