Windows 10: Windows 10 Critical Update Caused System to Blue Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Critical Update Caused System to Blue Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A critical windows update was installed on my system 12/12/18 at 5:15 a.m.. This morning (12/13/18) a blue screen appears with a message saying the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GoingStrong, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Critical Update Caused System to Blue Screen

A critical windows update was installed on my system 12/12/18 at 5:15 a.m.. This morning (12/13/18) a blue screen appears with a message saying the automatic repair failed. Reference to log file D:\windows\system 32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt. I have tried to reboot and restore the system back to 11/30/18, but it fails and I continue to receive the log file message. Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

GoingStrong, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Latest update from Windows has caused blue screen of death?!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • Did you reinstall the update and the application after resetting the computer to factory settings?

We need crash dumps in order to know what is causing this issue and suggest the appropriate steps to follow.

We have sent you a private message, please reply to the message along with the crash dumps. Dump files can be found in C:\Windows/Minidump/*.dmp.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try with the steps mentioned in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and see if it works.

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Critical Update Caused System to Blue Screen

my system keeps on crashing. (blue screen)

Hello Harrison,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article to troubleshoot blue screen issues
    on Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Critical Update Caused System to Blue Screen

1. Windows 10 Critical Update Caused System to Blue Screen - Similar Threads - Critical Update Caused

2. Windows Update Causes Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Causes Blue Screen: As of around august a new update was queued for my pc, which I then installed. The update blue screened my pc then uninstalled it and my pc was back to normal. I then started trying to figure out why, I scanned for viruses and corrupt files etc, none were the cause. Then...
  3. Windows Update Causes Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Causes Blue Screen: As of around august a new update was queued for my pc, which I then installed. The update blue screened my pc then uninstalled it and my pc was back to normal. I then started trying to figure out why, I scanned for viruses and corrupt files etc, none were the cause. Then...
  4. Latest update of windows cause blue screen

Latest update of windows cause blue screen: Hello ! On 30th of March I updated my windows 11 and now I’m receiving just blue screen of death!! I’ve tried with uninstalling the last update, diagnosing the system, prompt command and I can’t fixed it !! I also used safe mode to recovery the system but it didn’t help. The...
  5. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE CAUSING BLUE SCREEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATE CAUSING BLUE SCREEN: I have a Dell Laptop, Last Dec, i update my laptop but after the update, its always crashing and automatically restarting with blue screen. I already uninstall all the latest update but unfortunately still crashing and having a Blue Screen. I decided to REFORMAT the Drive C:...
  6. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE CAUSING BLUE SCREEN

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE CAUSING BLUE SCREEN: I have a Dell Laptop, Last Dec, i update my laptop but after the update, its always crashing and automatically restarting with blue screen. I already uninstall all the latest update but unfortunately still crashing and having a Blue Screen. I decided to REFORMAT the Drive C:...
  7. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE CAUSING BLUE SCREEN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Update Caused Blue Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update Caused Blue Screen Of Death: After updating my Acer laptop for the most resent update it took me to the "blue screen of death". I looked around but there is no optional reset. I went through all 6 options in advanced settings I had. (these were my only options) •Startup rest couldn't find an...
  9. Critical system dead blue screen

Critical system dead blue screen: I need some serios help, I reset my Asus Rog Zepherous G on purpose with hopes of fixing my audio because i could her nothing. It was a hard reset. But one to just keep my personal info thats it. THE PROBLEM: It wont let me get to the safe screen from the blue screen. When...
  10. blue screen after critical update

blue screen after critical update: I started noticing blue screen after signing in. I have not had this problem before and all diagnostics give no indication of anything. there was a critical update on 7/12/18 and as I reflect on when this started I believe it was only after this critical update. I attempted...