Windows 10: Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?

Discus and support Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just noticed this today. I turned off my computer for a while and noticed a black screen with the black Windows box saying shutting down and all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CD1295, Dec 6, 2021.

1. CD1295 Win User

Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?

I just noticed this today. I turned off my computer for a while and noticed a black screen with the black Windows box saying shutting down and all. Restarted the computer just now, and the black screen and Windows box shows up. Ctrl + Alt + Del and I typed the pin. This has never happened before, so I'm concerned. Will this go away on its own?

:)

CD1295, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Shawn Brink, Dec 6, 2021
  3. ctrl-alt-del does not present the change password option.

That article links to a KB article for Windows 7 that says to press CRTL+ALT+DEL, but the issue is when you press CTRL+ALT+DEL in Windows 10, the option to change a password is not there.

Jason Warren, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?

Cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL to sign in to windows 10

This just started happening yesterday on my work machine (A Dell Optiplex).

It seems like I have lost keyboard input into Windows (note: the keyboard works in the BIOS just fine).

I cannot get it to accept the CTRL+ALT+DEL so I can't even get the ease of access or power icon to appear.

I've tried removing all USB devices and then plugging in the keyboard after it gets to the sign in screen.

This failed to produce any results.

Before I re-install windows, are there any other suggestions?

froggystyle_82, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?

1. Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now? - Similar Threads - Crtl Alt Del

2. Right Crtl key acts as toggle, rigth alt also toggles crtl, alt + number shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Crtl key acts as toggle, rigth alt also toggles crtl, alt + number shortcuts not working: Right ctrl key acts as toggle and can only be turned off by the left crtl key, right alt key also toggles ctrl key.Holding down alt key and typing numbers on numeric keyboard example alt+64 for @ symbol doesn´t work.I´ve turned off all accesibility and disability settings as...
  3. Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?: I just noticed this today. I turned off my computer for a while and noticed a black screen with the black Windows box saying shutting down and all. Restarted the computer just now, and the black screen and Windows box shows up. Ctrl + Alt + Del and I typed the pin. This has...
  4. Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?: I just notice this today. I turned off my computer for a while and noticed a black screen with the black Windows box saying shutting down and all. Restarted the computer just now, and the black screen and windows box shows up. Ctrl + Alt + Del and I typed the pin. This has...
  5. I dont know why this is happening just now

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I dont know why this is happening just now: I was messing with my mic settings trying to get my voicemod to work when i realized that my friends couldn't hear me anymore. I ran a microphone test i think in the "change system sounds" menu and now its saying that my detachable mic isn't plugged in. please help I don't...
  6. Windows Key + Crtl Alt Delete not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Key + Crtl Alt Delete not working?: For some reason, the shortcuts to exit to desktop and open task manager no longer work. I can open task manager through the searchbar, however. Any ideas why this could have happened?...
  7. : win10ctrl+alt+del.

in Windows 10 Customization
    : win10ctrl+alt+del.: ctrl+alt+del. ,, ctrl+shift+esc alt+F4 del. win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%B1%82%E5%8A%A9/aa0ededf-cafb-4754-9ffa-84c4f68b635d
  8. Just WHY is this happening!?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just WHY is this happening!?: I have a HP laptop 15, and I’ve system restored it 2 times And factory reset 4 times! Not 1, not 2,not 3, but 4 times! Two of which i have removed every file, and reinstalled windows 10! Did this help? Only for a couple of months! First it was all programs not responding and...
  9. Cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL to sign in to windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL to sign in to windows 10: This just started happening yesterday on my work machine (A Dell Optiplex). It seems like I have lost keyboard input into Windows (note: the keyboard works in the BIOS just fine). I cannot get it to accept the CTRL+ALT+DEL so I can't even get the ease of access or power...
  10. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...