Windows 10: Windows 10 CU destroyed my second S.O. (0xc000000e winload.efi)

Discus and support Windows 10 CU destroyed my second S.O. (0xc000000e winload.efi) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am a little crazy now. I just updated from Anniversary to Creators via Windows Update. Everything seem to be OK. In my system I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pipppero2007, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Windows 10 CU destroyed my second S.O. (0xc000000e winload.efi)

Hello,
    I am a little crazy now.

I just updated from Anniversary to Creators via Windows Update.

Everything seem to be OK.

In my system I have TWO Windows 10.

The second is HIDE from the first (simply hidden letter).

I tried to launch the SECOND Windows 10 (still Anniversary) and... cannot boot.

So I went in the disk manager and... there is the partition, there is the label but... ZERO BYTE!!!

Please, tell me what I can do!!!

I cannot believe that CU destroyed the dual boot of my computer!!!

:)

Pipppero2007, Aug 19, 2017

2. Meet error 0xc000000e on booting while installing Windows10 version 1709

My computer is Lenovo Y700 14-ISK 15-6300HQ with a HDD, and I've just add a Lenovo SL-700 SSD on it. After that I tried to install a new Windows 10 (version 1709) on a new partition on the SSD with official mirror. After the first reboot of installation,
    I cannot boot successfully and got an error message:

File: \Windows\system32\winload.efi

Error code: 0xc000000e

I've checked that winload.efi is not missing, and I've tried to repair it with troubleshooting,repairing with installation medium, and even command prompt(like bootbcd). But it doesn't work.

There is an old Windows 10 (version 1603) on HDD and it wasn't affected. The EFI System Partition is on this HDD.

BIOS settings have allowed UEFI booting. Secure Boot is on.

PredmetChen, Aug 19, 2017
  3. 2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4025339)

CU is not ready yet for my system; that I'm assuming, as no such update request has come from Windows Update Center.

I could have gone to the download site (Download Windows 10), but I do not know what the consequence of such early adoption would be.

Also, I have one more question to ask.

I've a dual-bot system and have a Grub 2 bootloader for the system. Will the CU update destroy that by forcing windows loader?

Thanks

Pranabesh Das, Aug 19, 2017
  4. Windows 10 CU destroyed my second S.O. (0xc000000e winload.efi)

Update:

I just discovered that the data is still there. Luck!

But, what is the easiest way to repair the dual boot? It is possible from Windows itself?

I find some command lines to do but they are related to MBR but I have a GPT disk.

UPDATE:
    I ran Macrium USB.
    I did "FIX BOOT".
    It found nothing.

Than I ran DISKPART and I assign letters the each disk with an OS.

Reboot.

Then Macrium find all the Win10 installation.

I did FINISH and it REDO the BCD.

So I try to launch the SECONDARY Win10 (anniversary) and it WORKED!!!

But after a REBOOT it was down again with the same error. *Sad

The FIRST Win10 (CU) works Always.

I don't know what to do.

UPDATE:
    If in the bios I select BOOT MENU (F9)
    - Launch EFI FILE
    - HD (only one is selectable)
    - BOOT
    - BOOT64.EFI (not the correct name)

I can run my SECOND OS!!!

But If I reboot again that error.

Pipppero2007, Aug 19, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 CU destroyed my second S.O. (0xc000000e winload.efi)

1. Windows 10 CU destroyed my second S.O. (0xc000000e winload.efi) - Similar Threads - destroyed second 0xc000000e

2. Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.: Bilgisayarımı sıfırlamaya çalışırken bu hatayı alıyorum. Her türlü yolu denedim, tüm videoları izledim ama hala sorunum aynı. Lütfen en kısa sürede yardımcı olur musunuz?...
  3. Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.: Bilgisayarımı sıfırlamaya çalışırken bu hatayı alıyorum. Her türlü yolu denedim, tüm videoları izledim ama hala sorunum aynı. Lütfen en kısa sürede yardımcı olur musunuz?...
  4. Windows 10 - 0xc0000098 winload efi dosyası bozuk hatası.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working: Hello,My HP is not starting up. I’ve received the ‘winload efi is missing or corrupt’. All the troubleshoot steps require me to go into startup settings but in order for me to do that, I have to press F8 however when I do press it my screen flashes and it doesn’t take me...
  6. Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working: Hello,My HP is not starting up. I’ve received the ‘winload efi is missing or corrupt’. All the troubleshoot steps require me to go into startup settings but in order for me to do that, I have to press F8 however when I do press it my screen flashes and it doesn’t take me...
  7. O/S 10 Crash

O/S 10 Crash: I recently suffered an O/S 10 crash. I lost a bevy of files while in the recovery process. I was able to recover most of them with a program called "Recover-It". Unfortunately they are all in Computer Speak and I have found no way to re-convert them to English. Can anyone...
  8. Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9

Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9: hi my acer swift ryzen laptop completly crashed the weekend with the winload efi error . ive gone into bios and disabled secure boot in uefi but no result . Ive managed to download windows 10 on usb drive and set it up in bios to boot from that drive however i still get the...
  9. Windows wont start error 185 in system32/winload. Efi

Windows wont start error 185 in system32/winload. Efi: Windows wont start i tried everything please help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-start-error-185-in-system32winload/d99e08e6-1320-48bd-abfd-803a8e97f80d
  10. win 10 o/s

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 o/s: Updated win 10 today. How do I find out what version I have , does not show in lower right hand corner. Last install was 10162--could this be 10240 or the pre-release of win 10? 9088