Windows 10: Windows 10 CU KB4016871 Alt-Tab show pixelated/blurry

Discus and support Windows 10 CU KB4016871 Alt-Tab show pixelated/blurry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! After Windows 10 Creators Update and applied KB4016871 Alt-Tab show blurry/pixelated, also Windows Taskbar thumbnails ... except for Edge, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TenAlf, May 25, 2017.

1. TenAlf Win User

Windows 10 CU KB4016871 Alt-Tab show pixelated/blurry

Hi!
    After Windows 10 Creators Update and applied KB4016871 Alt-Tab show blurry/pixelated, also Windows Taskbar thumbnails ... except for Edge, which show very smooth picture as it was before KB4016871. When I removed mentioned KB4016871 ... Alt-Tab etc. was showing ok again. Latest KB4020102 didn't solve the issue. I've seen same issue on several other WX computers I add CU+KB4016871 so far.
    Any ideas?
    More thanks, Alar.

:)

TenAlf, May 25, 2017

2. pixels on my mouse dart

Hi,

My pixel dart appears blurry, with pixels on it. I own a Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop, with Windows 10 os. Do you know if it is some kind of error?

Kind regards,

I.E.

Moved From: Windows / Windows 10 / PC Projection & Continuum

ioannis efthymiou, May 25, 2017
  3. Mousky Win User
    System tray icons blur and darken until they disappear

A recent update seems to have resolved this issue for me. System tray icons have not been blurry for at two days.

Can't pinpoint which update exactly, but it appears to be one of these two:

2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4016871)

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4016240)

Hope this helps.

Mousky, May 25, 2017
  4. TenAlf Win User

Seems to (at least) some Windows native app's (Settings etc.) not affected.
    Alar.

TenAlf, May 25, 2017
  5. Sid6 Win User
    I am experiencing this as well. It is affecting everything (including Explorer) except UWP apps. Before Creators Update, I had a similar behavior for two graphics cards. With fresh CU, at least one of them started working. Now, however, all cards I have produce pixelated previews. All are pre-2012, though.

Also, previews for Chrome (including Electron apps) are pixelated only when not minimized. Other non-UWP apps are pixelated all the time.

6. ered15 Win User
    im having the same issue! any fix for this?

ered15, Jun 19, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    NVIDIA? If so, it has been known to cause similar 'pixelated' problems in the past...

Strange Problem with Microsoft Edge, Unaware of Cause

8. ered15 Win User

my is Nvidia but i cant find that option, i have last version.

ered15, Jun 20, 2017
  9. TenAlf Win User
    Hi and thanks!
    Nope, in my cases it's Intel. And HP SFF enterprise level devices. Not newest one, though.
    Terv, Alar.

TenAlf, Jun 20, 2017
  10. pepanee Win User
    I had a video problem with my NVIDIA; It made everything in File Explorer all blurry.

What I did to fix the problem was that I rolled back the driver.

1) Search for, and open, Device Manager
    2) Press the arrow to the left of Display adapters
    3) Double click your NVIDIA entry
    4) Press the Driver tab
    5) Press the Roll Back Driver button

Check everything again; see if the problem is gone.
    (Note: Once you roll back the driver, it supposedly will never install a new updated driver for your graphics card; you would have to manually update your graphics card driver, but I wont, until this problem gets fixed)

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 CU KB4016871 Alt-Tab show pixelated/blurry - Similar Threads - KB4016871 Alt Tab

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  4. Pixel art background blurry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pixel art background blurry?: Hi, I decided today that my old background was not that great, so I went to pixilart.com And drew a new vaporwave one, but now it is super blurry. I tried converting it to bmp, and jpeg, but to no avail. The pixelart image is 192x108, and my monitor size is 1920x1080. How do...
  5. Windows 10 Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alt + Tab: I would like to revert the alt + tab functionality back to how it originally worked, where I could alt-tab back and forth between two recent windows, rather than having to scroll through every open window to get to the one I want. Every guide I've found online to do this no...
  6. blurry, pixellated and disappearing icons on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry, pixellated and disappearing icons on windows 10: Why does the icons on my laptop appear to be pixelatted blurry and keep disappearing every time i open file explorer or any folder. Pls. help its annoying to see it every time i open a folder like this screenshot.[ATTACH]...
  7. Pixelated/Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Pixelated/Blurry Text: I was using windows when I got BSOD and restarted the PC. Now the all the system fonts are pixelated. Even in Chrome the menu text is pixelated. The only fonts that are normal are the fonts in windows settings. [img] [img] 118232
  8. KB4016871 Installed Twice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4016871 Installed Twice: I am wondering why KB4016871 has installed itself twice. [img] 84508
  9. KB4016871 reverting loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4016871 reverting loop: Since the cumulative security update in may was released, I haven't been able to install it. When I shut down or restart my computer, the update message appears on the shutdown screen that it's working on updates. This goes to 30%, then immediately shuts off or restarts. Upon...
  10. Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 In...
Tags: