Windows 10: Windows 10 cumputer motherboard died. I had upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium

Discus and support Windows 10 cumputer motherboard died. I had upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 computer's motherboard just died. I had upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack I bought then took the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John A. Thornton, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 cumputer motherboard died. I had upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium

My Windows 10 computer's motherboard just died. I had upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack I bought then took the free upgrade later. I don't remember using a Microsoft account. I still have the Product Key for my original Windows 7 installation and I think my hard drive will still work. Can I put my hard drive in a different computer and get everything to work right with Windows 10 again without having to buy another license?

Thanks,

John

:)

John A. Thornton, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Home Premium OEM $90.00

Windows 7 Home Premium OEM $90.00 was $110 bucks!

This is the full version of Windows 7 Home Premium. It's key features include Jump Lists that keep the things you use most right in front of you as well as it's desktop enhancements that allow you to snap windows to both sides to easily view both at the same time.

fairytale00, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 cumputer motherboard died. I had upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 cumputer motherboard died. I had upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium

1. Windows 10 cumputer motherboard died. I had upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium - Similar Threads - cumputer motherboard died

2. Free Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10: Hi,My personal laptop runs on Windows 7 Home Premium.Is it possible to do free upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 now using Windows 7 product key?If yes, could you please share some links with procedures to perform this upgrade.Thanks....
  3. Free Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10: Hi,My personal laptop runs on Windows 7 Home Premium.Is it possible to do free upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 now using Windows 7 product key?If yes, could you please share some links with procedures to perform this upgrade.Thanks....
  4. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium: I informed my son today that he may no longer access my home network with the gaming computer he built seven years ago when he was 15 since it is still running Windows 7 Home Premium, Ver. 6.1, Build 7601, SP1. Over the years, he has made numerous hardware upgrades, but...
  5. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home Premium

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home Premium: I asked this question earlier - August 20 or so, and received a detailed reply. However, I was unable to access my computer until now to read it. I have gone through many, many pages of prior postings but have been unable to find that solution . So I'm posting the problem...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home premium

Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home premium: Hi there! Im am having a Windows 7 Home Premium samsung laptop and want to do an upgrade to Windows 10. I did an clean installation on Microsoft website via Media Creation Tool. But then I get this result: Will I still be able to have an upgrade or I will need to...
  7. Windows 7 home premium upgrade to Windows 10 home failure

Windows 7 home premium upgrade to Windows 10 home failure: Have bought and paid for the windows 10 home upgrade. I have made several attempts to upgrade and at the end I get a message saying "We couldn't update the system reserved partition". Is there an easy fix for this problem?...
  8. Upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium

Upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium: I Just found your site - amazing! Planning to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 Home Premium. All the chat talks about Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro. Will the procedures be the same for my upgrade? I do have my Win 7 Product Key. 145738
  9. Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro: I'd like to upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro. Which version of 10 Pro will upgrade, while leaving my existing programs & files intact? I need to do this before Windows 7 is phased out. I see Frys Electronics is selling an "OEM" version of 10 Pro. Will...
  10. Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium

Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium: Hi Team, I have missed the free upgrade to windows 10 last year, however i would like to upgrade my laptop from windows 7 to 10 now. I have alredy running Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium on my Sony Vaio Laptop.... Can I upgrade to Windows 10 again for free? If so, how can...