Windows 10: Windows 10 cumputer motherboard died. I had upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium

Discus and support Windows 10 cumputer motherboard died. I had upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 computer's motherboard just died. I had upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack I bought then took the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John A. Thornton, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 cumputer motherboard died. I had upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium

My Windows 10 computer's motherboard just died. I had upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack I bought then took the free upgrade later. I don't remember using a Microsoft account. I still have the Product Key for my original Windows 7 installation and I think my hard drive will still work. Can I put my hard drive in a different computer and get everything to work right with Windows 10 again without having to buy another license?

Thanks,

John

:)

John A. Thornton, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Home Premium OEM $90.00

Windows 7 Home Premium OEM $90.00 was $110 bucks!

This is the full version of Windows 7 Home Premium. It's key features include Jump Lists that keep the things you use most right in front of you as well as it's desktop enhancements that allow you to snap windows to both sides to easily view both at the same time.

fairytale00, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 cumputer motherboard died. I had upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 cumputer motherboard died. I had upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium

1. Windows 10 cumputer motherboard died. I had upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium - Similar Threads - cumputer motherboard died

2. Upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium: I Just found your site - amazing! Planning to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 Home Premium. All the chat talks about Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro. Will the procedures be the same for my upgrade? I do have my Win 7 Product Key. 145738
  3. Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro: I'd like to upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro. Which version of 10 Pro will upgrade, while leaving my existing programs & files intact? I need to do this before Windows 7 is phased out. I see Frys Electronics is selling an "OEM" version of 10 Pro. Will...
  4. Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium

Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium: Hi Team, I have missed the free upgrade to windows 10 last year, however i would like to upgrade my laptop from windows 7 to 10 now. I have alredy running Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium on my Sony Vaio Laptop.... Can I upgrade to Windows 10 again for free? If so, how can...
  5. Hard Drive Died - I had a Windows 7 that was upgraded to Windows 10. What now?

Hard Drive Died - I had a Windows 7 that was upgraded to Windows 10. What now?: I had a Windows 7 OS that was automatically updated a long time ago to Windows 10. I had been using the machine for years, but just the other day the hard drive appears to have died. I am not sure if there's a way to use Windows 10 on that same machine now. I am purchasing a...
  6. Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home

Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home: I have a MacBook Pro, and i originally partitioned the hard drive to 350 Mac & 150 Win 7. Not long ago i received a free upgrade to Win 10 Home, and after using it for a few months, i really liked it and decided to re-partition my hard drive to 250 Mac & 250 Win 10. After...
  7. Upgrading From 7 Premium to 10

Upgrading From 7 Premium to 10: Good afternoon, I'm not sure if this has been posted or not as i didn't see anything on this. However, is there a way to upgrade from 7 home to 10? I think i saw some where on another site where I could do this at no cost. If so, will I lose any of the files I have now?...
  8. Upgrading Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium, Error 0xC1900101

Upgrading Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium, Error 0xC1900101: Hey guys, I have a small issue trying to upgrade a laptop of mine It's Running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit and It says it's compatible for Windows 10 upgrade, except when I try I get this Error. [img] I have an older laptop, it's an MSI-E7235 and I will post my...
  9. Installing windows 10 from a windows 7 home premium

Installing windows 10 from a windows 7 home premium: Good day. A while ago I decided to upgrade my W7 to the new W10. I downloaded the windows 10 iso and burnt it to a dvd,On the day of decision to change to W10 I placed the dvd into the drive and away it went. All went okay after a while I had windows 10 running okay,Now...
  10. Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Upgraded to Windows 10 Home x86

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Upgraded to Windows 10 Home x86: I was just doing a little checking today and found that my win7 x64 installation Is now a windows 10 x86 installation after the upgrade The ISO I created from the download also pulls x64, but the installation was x86 The disk was setup as MBR and noticed the media tool...