Windows 10: Windows 10 “Current input settings” problem with monitor; can’t get safe mode

Discus and support Windows 10 “Current input settings” problem with monitor; can’t get safe mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Woke up this morning to see my computer had restarted, probably installing some update. But the monitor settings are suddenly wrong… I have no clue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JordanCarpenter, May 11, 2022.

1. Windows 10 “Current input settings” problem with monitor; can’t get safe mode

Woke up this morning to see my computer had restarted, probably installing some update. But the monitor settings are suddenly wrong… I have no clue why. When windows opens I get a “current input timing is not supported by the monitor display.”Anyway, to fix this I need to boot in safe mode. Windows opens perfectly, but I can do nothing in windows because my monitor doesn’t work. F8 no longer works because Microsoft wanted to make my life difficult. I tried turning off and on three times, but since the automatic thing encountered no problem with booting up, I never got the option for safe mode.

:)

JordanCarpenter, May 11, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 11, 2022
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    current input timing is not supported

Hi,

Following up on your concern about the error The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1366x768@60 Hz or any other monitor listed time as per the monitor specifications. How did
    it go after trying DaveM121's suggestion?

Erika Aro, May 11, 2022
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 “Current input settings” problem with monitor; can’t get safe mode

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 11, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 “Current input settings” problem with monitor; can’t get safe mode

1. Windows 10 “Current input settings” problem with monitor; can’t get safe mode - Similar Threads - “Current input settings”

2. Windows 10 “Current input settings” problem with monitor; can’t get safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 “Current input settings” problem with monitor; can’t get safe mode: Woke up this morning to see my computer had restarted, probably installing some update. But the monitor settings are suddenly wrong… I have no clue why. When windows opens I get a “current input timing is not supported by the monitor display.”Anyway, to fix this I need to...
  3. Windows 10 “Current input settings” problem with monitor; can’t get safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 “Current input settings” problem with monitor; can’t get safe mode: Woke up this morning to see my computer had restarted, probably installing some update. But the monitor settings are suddenly wrong… I have no clue why. When windows opens I get a “current input timing is not supported by the monitor display.”Anyway, to fix this I need to...
  4. In safe mode and can’t get out!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In safe mode and can’t get out!: HelloAfter my PC carried out updates, I had a problem with it so entered safe mode. Now I’m stuck in it. If I hold shift and restart, every option I am given requires password which I have forgotten as I have always used a PIN. I am in safe mode without networking. Can anyone...
  5. Can’t get out of safe mode.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can’t get out of safe mode.: How do I get out of safe mode on pc windows. No download link found in Microsoft store. For the switch out of safe mode download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-safe-mode/062845a7-2fea-49ca-92d1-bc6e79fa5e87
  6. Can’t login in windows 10 safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login in windows 10 safe mode: I was trying for the first time getting into safe mode because later I need to do it again to clean install my graphics driver. When windows restarts on safe mode, it requires me to enter my password. I’ve tried entering it many times but is still incorrect. I’m sure it is...
  7. Can’t go into safe mode because monitor sais input not supported

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can’t go into safe mode because monitor sais input not supported: I was messing with my monitor setting and messed something up and now when i open up i see the windows logo and the spinny circles thing for a few seconds and then monitor goes black and saying input not supported. During the startup I tried going into safe mode to change the...
  8. Safe mode problem (no input)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode problem (no input): I tried using DDU to remove my drivers and there was an option to go into safe mode that people said to use but ever since I did that option and it restarted, my pc has a black screen that you get when there is no input, I believe I need to get out of safe mode but I’m not...
  9. Can’t get into safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t get into safe mode: Hi, I was recently messing around with custom icons and stuff like that when I ran into a problem. I searched for a resolution and was directed to an answer on this telling me to rebuild my cache. I deleted the files and rebooted my computer. After this, I wasn’t able to...
  10. Can’t get to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t get to safe mode: Hi so my problem began when i decided to update a driver for my laptop. Turned out to be a wrong one because when i restarted i got stucked into a blue screen of death loop and everytime it restarts it goes back to blue screen. I figure that if i go to safe mode and uninstall...