Windows 10: Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high

Discus and support Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, Recently I've noticed that the amount of RAM my computer is allocating seems extremely high compared to the recommended amount listed right above... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LilDellie, Feb 1, 2021.

1. LilDellie Win User

Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high

Hey,

Recently I've noticed that the amount of RAM my computer is allocating seems extremely high compared to the recommended amount listed right above it. I'm not the most informed when it comes to this type of stuff and would appreciate it if someone could tell me if this is normal or if I have an issue. Below is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high [​IMG]

Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746)

:)

LilDellie, Feb 1, 2021

2. HIGH RAM

Just to add further too

heat can cause high usage of ram and hard drive as well

people forget computer best perform went they are above 10 Celsius and below 36 Celsius room temperatures

If you look at the below picture GPU 1 it will show you the temperature inside my casing that the graphic card is currently operating at. if your laptop has a GPU then check that temperature is operating around 30 to 34 if it higher consider checking your
    fan is correctly set in the bios and working, and that the vents are not covered or blocked it could be the cause of the high usage.

See Disk 0 is not showing much activity but Notice too disk2 on my computer is around 60 percent that is external portable drive in virtual setup currently running Windows 7 downloading and installing with 6 GB of ram allocated to it that is considered
    above normal disk activity but it not extremely high.

Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high b3477665-ddec-415e-b09f-696c0a784aa4?upload=true.jpg

viennafiji, Feb 1, 2021
  3. high ram usage windows 10 while gaming

Hi Abhay,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I would like to inform that usually when you are trying to play games RAM usage will be high.

To see if any other Third party software are accessing high usage of RAM, I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: If the issue still persists then,

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Refer to "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high

allocate a portion of storage ram tovirtual ram

is it possible to allocate storage ram to virtual ram, thereby increasing speed of process?

cherylbrown2, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high

1. Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high - Similar Threads - Currently Allocated RAM

2. Parameter "Allocated" in RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parameter "Allocated" in RAM: Hi everyone!I noticed that when running even a small number of active programs, such as Chrome browser, Telegram messenger and a couple of background applications Logitech, MSI, Malwarbytes firewall the difference between memory data from "used" and "allocated" is almost 3...
  3. Parameter "Allocated" in RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Parameter "Allocated" in RAM: Hi everyone!I noticed that when running even a small number of active programs, such as Chrome browser, Telegram messenger and a couple of background applications Logitech, MSI, Malwarbytes firewall the difference between memory data from "used" and "allocated" is almost 3...
  4. Parameter "Allocated" in RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Parameter "Allocated" in RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Parameter "Allocated" in RAM

7. Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high: Hey, Recently I've noticed that the amount of RAM my computer is allocating seems extremely high compared to the recommended amount listed right above it. I'm not the most informed when it comes to this type of stuff and would appreciate it if someone could tell me if this...
  8. Ram and CPU usage is very high

Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  9. allocate more ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    allocate more ram: So I'm trying to run a mincraft server on my windows 10 pc using java -Xmx2048M -Xms1024M -jar server.jar nogui but i get Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap is there a way for me to get pass that?...
  10. Ram Allocation Issues

Ram Allocation Issues: Hey, I'm new(ish) to windows, and I can't seem to figure out how to increase the committed (Allocated) memory for a specific program. I have 65,536 MB installed RAM, however the program has 4600 MB committed to it, and maxes it out whenever its running. There is 49,360 MB...