Windows 10: Windows 10 Cursor disappears over text in several applications

Discus and support Windows 10 Cursor disappears over text in several applications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My cursor temporarily disappears over different applications and programs such as WORD, Chrome, Matlab etc., especially on text-writing areas.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maayan-Yitzhak Goodman, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Cursor disappears over text in several applications

My cursor temporarily disappears over different applications and programs such as WORD, Chrome, Matlab etc., especially on text-writing areas.

:)

Maayan-Yitzhak Goodman, Apr 20, 2020

2. Cursor disappears while typing in text box

*Original Title: cursor and text box issues

After clicking in a text box, the cursor disappears if the mouse/cursor moves anywhere but in the same text box. I cannot click in the text box and write unless I make sure the mouse is held in the same box. Windows 10

any suggestions?

RobertGiberti, Apr 20, 2020
  3. shuggans Win User
    vb.net select text from active cursor point in different window

hello all - working on a dictation application and looking for some guidance as far as selecting text from a cursor point in a window outside of the applications form. I'll clarify a bit: The application types at the current cursor point using sendkeys() as you speak.. and I'm trying to handle commands such as "select word" which should select the word to the right of the current cursor point. I know how to handle selecting text within an application, but am looking to be pointed in the right direction for information on selecting text from say microsoft word etc. but keep in mind the goal for the application is to be universal for use within any EMR, word processor, web browser etc.

Thanks for any assistance!

shuggans

shuggans, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Cursor disappears over text in several applications

Cursor randomly disappears within certain applications - Windows 10

I know this is an old post but I thought it would still be worthwhile responding for Windows 10 users.

Step one:

Right click on a blank part of your desktop and choose "Personalise",

Step two:

Click on "Themes",

Step three:

On the main section of the Themes settings screen, click on "Mouse cursor",

Step four:

Uncheck "Hide pointer while typing" and click "Apply" or "OK",

Your mouse cursor should no longer disappear on you.

*It could also be useful to put a check in the "Show location of pointer when I press CTRL key" option so if you don't know where your cursor is, you can find it by using the CTRL key.

Microsoft support, I suggest that you should always remember that sometimes you should check the simple solutions first before recommending driver update or creating new user profiles.

TonestarDeluxe, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Cursor disappears over text in several applications

1. Windows 10 Cursor disappears over text in several applications - Similar Threads - Cursor disappears text

2. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  3. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  4. Mouse cursor sometimes disappears behind an application window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor sometimes disappears behind an application window: Occasionally my mouse cursor disappears behind an application window. I am running Windows 11.I've enabled showing the cursor when pressing the Ctrl key and this still works. When I hover the place where the cursor should be over buttons etc, they still show they are...
  5. tEXT appears when cursor goes over it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tEXT appears when cursor goes over it.: How do I turn off the feature that shows text of what my cursor is over. When I use the mouse to go from one item on a page to another my computer automatically goes to site or email that my cursor runs over. It seems extremely sensetive to touch....
  6. tEXT appears when cursor goes over it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tEXT appears when cursor goes over it.: How do I turn off the feature that shows text of what my cursor is over. When I use the mouse to go from one item on a page to another my computer automatically goes to site or email that my cursor runs over. It seems extremely sensetive to touch....
  7. Cursor disappears when opening applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cursor disappears when opening applications: When opening new applications the cursor disappears on the application screen but is visible on the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappears-when-opening-applications/61ec8cab-0b23-4700-a0cf-b4078c9081a5
  8. cursor disappeared in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor disappeared in windows 10: cursor has disappeared in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappeared-in-windows-10/342eb3df-c60f-44c1-b038-f14bf5c15e19
  9. Text Disappearing All Over Windows Randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Text Disappearing All Over Windows Randomly: Hello all, Ive got a weird issue here. More often than not, when I log onto Windows on my laptop, my desktop icons are missing text. It is not limited to just the icons though. Context menus are all missing text as well, along with everything when I open Windows explorer....
  10. Cursor hover over application issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor hover over application issue: Hello friends, I recently switched to Windows 10 and it's been great so far but I've been having problems with one specific thing. I use VLC to listen to podcasts and I leave the VLC window behind all the rest of my windows since I don't need to touch it for any reason...