Windows 10: Windows 10 Cursor Freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 Cursor Freezing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, so recently I started having issues with my mouse, where the cursor stops working while playing games or really doing anything. I'll be in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by skelud, Jan 11, 2020.

1. skelud Win User

Windows 10 Cursor Freezing

Hi, so recently I started having issues with my mouse, where the cursor stops working while playing games or really doing anything. I'll be in the middle of something, when all of a sudden my mouse stops working. The mouse won't start working again unless a slide it around really fast. The mouse has LED's in it, and when the cursor stops working the LED's continue to change color, which makes me think that it doesn't turn off. The mouse I use is a 'LVL UP Gaming Mouse,' seen at this link -

https://www.ebay.com/p/28035380019?...7sKPbzXcYG4JzpYfm8vzNERXiaUzTKYkaAoaMEALw_wcB

If anyone knows any solutions, please answer.

Thanks, Skelud

:)

skelud, Jan 11, 2020

2. Issues with the cursor freeze in windows 10

Original Title: Cursor freeze

I've upgraded 5 systems so far to Windows 10. But 3 times I've tried to upgrade an Asus K72F-A1 laptop and each time the cursor will freeze and a hard reboot is required. When the system comes back up the cursor is still frozen and the system is useless
    until I reinstall the Win 7 image. I've tried wiping my disk and installing a clean Win 10 and I've tried all the online "suggestions" I've found for fixing this but nothing so far will work.

BlueBird_1, Jan 11, 2020
  3. bkl2 Win User
    Windows 10: cursor freezes / disappears after sleep (or power on)

Hello,

My cursor on Windows 10 seems to freeze / disappear every time when I wake up my laptop from a 'sleep' state and when I power up windows. Sometimes it takes multiple reboots to get the cursor back. This
    started happening after I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 (clean install with formatted partition). Cursor was working fine when
    I was using Windows 8/7 for the last few years on the same hardware.

I have seen other posts online about this cursor freezing/disappearing problem on earlier Windows 10 builds, but unable to find a fix. Do you have any suggestions? Details listed below. Thanks in advance!!

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit

Hardware: Sony Viao Laptop

Model # SVS1313AGXB

Synaptics Touchpad driver screen attached below. The "Update Driver" button is disabled.

No drivers listed for Windows 10 at

Sony support page: Support for SVS1313AGXB | Sony USA

Windows 10  Cursor Freezing 0506b07a-ea23-4460-bf1e-8123d9f20330.png

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Cursor Freezing - Similar Threads - Cursor Freezing

2. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  3. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  4. Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11: I am writing to report a problem with my laptop. The cursor freezes randomly, and I can only use the keyboard to navigate. The only way to unfreeze the cursor is to restart the laptop, which is very inconvenient and time-consuming. I have tried updating and reinstalling the...
  5. Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11

Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11: I am writing to report a problem with my laptop. The cursor freezes randomly, and I can only use the keyboard to navigate. The only way to unfreeze the cursor is to restart the laptop, which is very inconvenient and time-consuming. I have tried updating and reinstalling the...
  6. Within seconds of logging into Windows 10, my laptop and cursor freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Within seconds of logging into Windows 10, my laptop and cursor freeze: My laptop freezes within seconds of logging in to Windows 10. My cursor won't work. Sometimes ctrl, alt, delete turns off, othertimes, I have to unplug and remove battery for it to shut down...
  7. Within seconds of logging into Windows 10, my laptop and cursor freeze

Within seconds of logging into Windows 10, my laptop and cursor freeze: My laptop freezes within seconds of logging in to Windows 10. My cursor won't work. Sometimes ctrl, alt, delete turns off, othertimes, I have to unplug and remove battery for it to shut down...
  8. Within seconds of logging into Windows 10, my laptop and cursor freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.: Hi, guys.My mouse cursor and keyboard freeze randomly while Windows 11 processes and apps keep running. I can see the clock showing live time, if I'm in a game, it continues to run but I can't move my cursor or use my keyboard. I can only force shut down laptop from Power...
  10. Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.

Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.: Hi, guys.My mouse cursor and keyboard freeze randomly while Windows 11 processes and apps keep running. I can see the clock showing live time, if I'm in a game, it continues to run but I can't move my cursor or use my keyboard. I can only force shut down laptop from Power...