Windows 10: Windows 10 - cursor stalls when mouse is moved

Discus and support Windows 10 - cursor stalls when mouse is moved in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; windows 10 has never really worked well on this Vostro 230 system. I have 2.96GB RAM available on an Intel Core Duo CPU E7500. Windows 10 was installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TimStrawn, Feb 12, 2019.

1. TimStrawn Win User

Windows 10 - cursor stalls when mouse is moved

windows 10 has never really worked well on this Vostro 230 system. I have 2.96GB RAM available on an Intel Core Duo CPU E7500. Windows 10 was installed in 5/2018 and problems have persisted

:)

TimStrawn, Feb 12, 2019

2. Mouse Cursor Moving Spontaneously

Hey All,

I have an MSI GE72 2QD Apache Pro laptop with Windows 10 64-Bit OS. I use a wireless Logitech M510 mouse.

My problem is that my mouse cursor will move spontaneously at different times and start randomly clicking on things. Super annoying.

Things I have done to try to revert the issue:

• Made sure my drivers for both the touchpad and wireless mouse were fully updated.
    • Rolled-back the drivers to see if that would fix the problem.
    • Completely uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them.
    • Disabled the touchpad, which does work, but I don't want to keep it this way.
    Since disabling the touchpad is the only thing that seems to work, I am thinking it has something to do with that.

Any suggestions or tips that might resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Johnw28020, Feb 12, 2019
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    How to make mouse cursor move in XP like Windows 7?

I switched back to Windows XP from Windows 7 recently for a few reasons, I'm having trouble with the mouse cursor though and find it doesn't move exactly the same as it does in Windows 7. It's a little hard to describe, but in Windows 7 I felt like it took less effort to move the cursor around and get it to stop where I want. Windows XP feels different to me, again it's difficult to describe. Am I crazy or does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so, is there a way to make it more like Windows 7?

OrbitzXT, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - cursor stalls when mouse is moved

Mouse Cursor stops moving..

I cant tell if its a short in the wire. Ive tried the fix about going to virtual memory and changing those settings. Its simply just a very short stop while im moving the cursor around. Almost if it lags behind the movement. I've tried USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. Its an old Dell mouse and I cant even afford to get a 5$ mouse right now with the way things are. It ypically spend free time playing FPS and this is making it to where i cant even do the thing I enjoy. Not sure what it could be. The mouse could be fine for 10-15 seconds and ill say. well okay its better. But then it will do it again shortly after.

Also, I remember there used to be a Peripherals subforum a while back here?

cameronh779, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - cursor stalls when mouse is moved

1. Windows 10 - cursor stalls when mouse is moved - Similar Threads - cursor stalls mouse

2. my mouse cursor if flickering and dissapears when not moving?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mouse cursor if flickering and dissapears when not moving?: Hello, My mouse cursor is flickering constantly when I move it and disappears when not moving. Changed mouse's and problem still persists. Have to shut down the computer for it to work normally again but that doesn't last long. I've been told that I may need to reinstall the...
  3. When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors

When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors: Hi there, One of my user has an issue following an upgrade to Win 10 1803. As this is per company policy, I can't downgrade the software version. The user has a Surface Pro 4, with a Surface docking station, linked to 2 display monitors. After the upgrade to Win10 1803...
  4. cursor not moving

cursor not moving: on my computer the cursor is not moving right when I get on it it just stops moving or sometimes just jump around my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving/d590b4f6-bc8d-4216-a64d-16a9dca3f07d
  5. Windows 10 bsod when moving mouse cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 bsod when moving mouse cursor: I just updated my pc last night where it had to restart several times, now when I sign in, and move the cursor, my pc instantly blue screens with this error. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA What failed: win32kbase.sys Please help me with this ASAP! Never had a problem...
  6. high cpu usage when cursor moving

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high cpu usage when cursor moving: So, this is the problem... If i move my cursor on desktop, the cpu usage of explorer.exe spikes; move it on browser, browser spikes, and other thing that the cursor is not on does a little bit too. This causes lag, fps drops. Everything does the same, games, media...
  7. Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?: So me and my little sister have been freaking out over our new system acting weird. Today she left her laptop open to get back in home later and find out the cursor moving as if someone had remote access and took over the cursor and opened many programs I don't know how a...
  8. Stop windows moving when moving the mouse to the edge of the sceen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop windows moving when moving the mouse to the edge of the sceen: Hi 10forums, I've been finding this hard to describe and search for so I'm just going to upload a .gif to illustrate my problem. [img] I want to stop the window moving back onto the screen when the mouse is against the screen edge. Does anyone know if this is...
  9. Audio laggy/glitchy when I move my mouse cursor.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio laggy/glitchy when I move my mouse cursor.: I have had this issue for only a couple of days now. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers for the mouse, sound card, and headset, which still hasn't helped. I've seen other sites talking about an "Intel Technologies Access Services" which isn't showing up in my...
  10. Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click: My computer will randomly "freeze", meaning that I can move my mouse around, but clicking on things like my browser or the start bar doesn't do anything. I looked around online and the only "solution" I found was to press ctrl+alt+delete, then press cancel. I have tried...