Windows 10: Windows 10 Cursor Won't save Default Theme

Discus and support Windows 10 Cursor Won't save Default Theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OK, I know that this is a super minor complaint, but it bothers me, and it shouldn't be an issue in the first place. I just recently upgraded from 7 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dusty_dust, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Cursor Won't save Default Theme

OK, I know that this is a super minor complaint, but it bothers me, and it shouldn't be an issue in the first place. I just recently upgraded from 7 to 10, and since I've always used the (none) theme in the windows mouse settings, I wanted to use it again, as it's just what I'm used to and prefer. After installing Windows 10, I see that it's still there:
    Windows 10 Cursor Won't save Default Theme ab5d3299-a775-4b44-b3d3-96624edd51ed?upload=true.png

However, when I try to select it, it says that it's selected, but my mouse theme doesn't change; it's still the Windows 10 Default cursor. I even check the registry editor, and the registry values for the cursor scheme change, right to the exact same values you'd see on a win7 computer (I checked) using this mouse theme.
    Windows 10 Cursor Won't save Default Theme 8d0bd5df-89a0-402d-9489-f98e17a263d2?upload=true.png
    Windows 10 Cursor Won't save Default Theme f0a8ac16-bbd0-4b4a-a2ce-9136f10df0d5?upload=true.png

I know this is a really small and probably stupid thing, but I don't think it's an issue I should be having, and I'd like to use the cursor I want. What further complicates things is that the .cur files for the (none) theme have never been in C:\Windows\Cursors, not in Win7 nor in Win10, so I can't create a custom scheme with them either.

:)

Dusty_dust, Jun 28, 2019

2. Windows Theme always reverts to default

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that setting different theme on Windows 10 goes to default after system wakes up. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow below steps to save the theme.

1. Right click on Desktop and select
    Personalize or press Windows key + I, navigate to
    Personalization >

Theme.

2. Under Theme, click on Save Theme
    option to save the theme you want to apply to the system and then set the theme, check if issue is resolved.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to create a new user account
    and check whether the theme settings don't change to default. Follow the steps in the below article to set up a new user account:

Create a user account

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Cursor Won't save Default Theme

windows 10 how do I save a custom theme AND how do I delete a theme

Hi,

To assist you better about your issue in renaming a rheme, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Go to all settings.
    • Click personalization.
    • Click themes and go to theme settings.
    • Go to Desktop Background.
    • Rename your theme.

In deleting your save theme, you can go to your desktop and remove it. But you cannot delete the default theme.

Feel free to post back your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Cursor Won't save Default Theme

1. Windows 10 Cursor Won't save Default Theme - Similar Threads - Cursor Won't save

2. Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer: So, I created a custom cursor theme a while ago, and even went through some steps to make it my "default" cursor theme. However, it doesn't work, and whenever I turn on my computer, the cursor theme reverts back to the original. So, I open settings, go to Devices > Mouse, and...
  3. Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer: So, I created a custom cursor theme a while ago, and even went through some steps to make it my "default" cursor theme. However, it doesn't work, and whenever I turn on my computer, the cursor theme reverts back to the original. So, I open settings, go to Devices > Mouse, and...
  4. Custom Cursor Theme won't default when I power on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Custom Cursor Theme won't stay applied?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Cursor Theme won't stay applied?: Hi all, never used this reddit before but I was hoping someone here could help me. I've slowly started to customize my PC more and more, and recently decided to change my cursors. I made a custom theme for the cursor set and applied it. However, there's one problem. Whenever...
  6. Mouse cursor won't change to default

Mouse cursor won't change to default: I needed a reverse video mouse pointer for my eyesight. So I went to Control Panel->Mouse->Pointers and changed it to "Windows Black (extra large system scheme)". Now, when it would normally show a pointer, it shows an hourglass even when nothing is running in the background....
  7. Mouse cursor won't change to default

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor won't change to default: I needed a reverse video mouse pointer for my eyesight. So I went to Control Panel->Mouse->Pointers and changed it to "Windows Black (extra large system scheme)". Now, when it would normally show a pointer, it shows an hourglass even when nothing is running in the background....
  8. Win 10 Themes won't "save"

Win 10 Themes won't "save": Just replaced amother bricked MoBo and am back fighting Msft issues again. Solved this one last June but in the new build it has again reared its ugly head. A saved Theme will not "save." Yes I know we are not supposed to need a save button but something is overwriting my...
  9. Saved Theme not used as default

Saved Theme not used as default: I made my own theme, but everytime when WIN10 is started, it uses a different theme, which appears as not saved. At each startup I have to choose my theme. How can it be assigned as the default theme? 27764
  10. Save Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Save Theme in Windows 10: How to: Save Theme in Windows 10 How to Save a Theme in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the change a theme as often as you like. After you have personalized your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my custom cursor wont save