Windows 10: Windows 10 custom re-install, not enough room on the hard drive

Discus and support Windows 10 custom re-install, not enough room on the hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi After the last windows 10 update, I was not able to log into the system. I tried to revert the update. Now Windows does not start at all and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Teds1345, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Teds1345 Win User

Windows 10 custom re-install, not enough room on the hard drive

Hi

After the last windows 10 update, I was not able to log into the system. I tried to revert the update. Now Windows does not start at all and asking for an installation CD or bootable USB. I created a USB drive and tried to perform a custom installation to save my files. It gets to the point of looking at different compartments for installation. The largest space is 15 gig and Windows is asking for 30 gig. How can I remove files from the hard drive to make room for the custom installation? I have some large video files which I could remove to an external drive, if I could only access the internal hard drive.

I appreciate any help.

Regards,

T

:)

Teds1345, Dec 29, 2018
  2. little cat, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Windows 10 custom re-install, not enough room on the hard drive

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 custom re-install, not enough room on the hard drive

1. Windows 10 custom re-install, not enough room on the hard drive - Similar Threads - custom install enough

2. Moving files - not enough room? And One Drive files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files - not enough room? And One Drive files.: I'm getting a low disc-space message, so I tried to move a folder that's 99.3 GB onto a 2 TB external drive, that has 1.54 TB of free space.Yet when I try to move the whole folder, or just a subfolder, I'm told there's not enough room! How can that be? I'm not a math whiz,...
  3. Reformatting Hard Drive and Re-installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformatting Hard Drive and Re-installing Windows 10: My system was running really slow and I figured I had some spyware or malware dragging it. I reinstalled Windows 10 using the option to delete all files. After the re44install I'm having the same problem. On previous systems I have deleted the C: partition in DOS, then...
  4. Question related to custom installation of Windows 10 with multiple hard drives?

Question related to custom installation of Windows 10 with multiple hard drives?: Hi... I'm building my first PC with my son and following an online video. I have a 2TB NVMe and a 2TB SATA SSD drive. I was advised to install Windows on the NVMe drive. In the video, the windows installation tool designated the drives as 0 and 1 and it was easy to...
  5. "Not enough space on hard drive"

"Not enough space on hard drive": Hi I'm trying to install an old program on my Windows 10 computer. Everything seems OK until the "available space" on the hard drive is shown. This shows as a negative amount in Kb, I have a 2TB hard drive which is practically brand new. Help please....
  6. RE INSTALL WINDOWS 10 INTO A NEW SSD HARD DRIVE

RE INSTALL WINDOWS 10 INTO A NEW SSD HARD DRIVE: I've faced an issue with my old Hard drive as my hp laptop keeps on re-booting after hp logo when starting but my windows is not starting. so I ran System Quick Test and found out that my Hard Drive Short DST Check : Failed so I bought a new SSD and installed it. My...
  7. Windows 10 Re-install after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Re-install after hard drive failure: wher do I get a copy of windows 10 to replace mine after a drive failure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-re-install-after-hard-drive-failure/0c95d048-18a3-4493-aa5b-8cf2de320866
  8. Not enough room on my computer to install windows 10 updates

Not enough room on my computer to install windows 10 updates: I have a Lenovo low storage laptop that dokesn't have enough storage to update. I tried updating onto an SD card, which it does, but when it restarts it says "insert SD card to continue" even though it is already inserted. The update cannot be completed as I have to hit...
  9. no room on hard drive

no room on hard drive: no i do not want to save updates to diferent computer. this computer has no room on it for up dates, so store the on a flash drive. or deleat windows 10....
  10. Not enough space on hard drive for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Not enough space on hard drive for Windows Update: Hi, I bought a laptop with a really small hard disk (32GB). A Windows 10 update appeared and it says it requires 8GB of free space. I only have 7GB free because the Windows folder occupies more than 20GB. Is there a way to clean the Windows folder or anything else I can do...