Windows 10: Windows 10 Customization - Startmenu,desktop and others.

Discus and support Windows 10 Customization - Startmenu,desktop and others. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to customize a Windows 10 Deployment with below settings 1) Remove All application Icons from the default start menu and use only two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HashirHamsa, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Customization - Startmenu,desktop and others.

I am trying to customize a Windows 10 Deployment with below settings

1) Remove All application Icons from the default start menu and use only two links to some URLs. I have done this using the xml file and the problem is that the right click option is open on this tile . I have disabled the right click options from GPO.Still this is giving me an option to open file location and run as administrator options.

2) I need to disable all the "right clicks" completely from Windows 10 -- Is there any options

3) I have to disable the users from accessing the explorer.exe ,so that they cant browse to the system files or any other drives..

4) I have to disable the printscreen option from the keyboard..

5) Need to disable the settings button from the start menu

6) search should not happen when I type anything on the windows key. This allow smart users to type and find the programs whatever they want..

7) Users should not be allowed to save anything on the desktop

Is any one did such complete lockdown of Windows OS with very limited options open for users..

Please advise ..

:)

HashirHamsa, Oct 17, 2019
  2. kerimka Win User

Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu

Hi,

I just published an app to create tiles on Windows 10 Start Menu. It's called "Better StartMenu". You can try it for free.

Better StartMenu

Here's Windows Store link:
    Better StartMenu kaufen – Microsoft Store de-DE

Here's a screenshot of what you can do with Better StartMenu.

Windows 10 Customization  - Startmenu,desktop and others. [​IMG]

UE79_sKUcbY

kerimka, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Startmenu not "updating"

Hey,

I got the following problem:

• Newly installed Programs/Apps will not show up in the startmenu
    • Programs/Shortcuts I add to the Startmenu folders want show in my startmenu
    • Startmenu search won't find the new items either, even not if they are pinned to the startmenu

What I have tried to fix my problem:

• Rebuilding my search index
    • Reinstalling all windows apps, including cortana
    • Try to locate the issue with the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) ⇒ nothing found
    • Running the troubleshooter ⇒ returns "incorrect permissions on Windows Search directoriers"
      • changed the default Search folder where the index is saved
      • checked permissions for the Search folder (seems ok)

What I think initially caused the error:

• I switched from German to English on my Win10 PC
      • I then realised that a lot of my searchable windows settings still showed inGerman and not in English and were in addition not clickable anymore (nothing happended)
      • I could not fix the issue so I switched back to German
      • This made the Win10 settings searchable and clickable again, but since then my Startmenu seems to be stuck on its old index
    I am running Windows 10 Education with the Anniversary Update - which for me removed Cortana (maybe this issue is connected?)

Any help or advise?

Ciaran Baulig, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Customization - Startmenu,desktop and others.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Customization - Startmenu,desktop and others.

1. Windows 10 Customization - Startmenu,desktop and others. - Similar Threads - Customization Startmenu desktop

2. Windows 11 Startmenu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Startmenu: Microsoft what you done, another mess up again. We have been using the start menu layout on our windows 10 devices which working all fine. We have deployed few windows 11 machine and now its not same.If a user pins their own apps while we have MDM policy in place to pins some...
  3. Windows 11 Startmenu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Startmenu: Microsoft what you done, another mess up again. We have been using the start menu layout on our windows 10 devices which working all fine. We have deployed few windows 11 machine and now its not same.If a user pins their own apps while we have MDM policy in place to pins some...
  4. Taskbar, startmenu, search and other things broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar, startmenu, search and other things broken: I booted up my pc today and first thing I notice was nothing was showing up on my task bar except for the touch keyboard icon and show hidden icons icon. I can't open the start menu or search bar. I also noticed my mic was not being picked up anymore, and if I right click the...
  5. Taskbar, startmenu, search and other things broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar, startmenu, search and other things broken: I booted up my pc today and first thing I notice was nothing was showing up on my task bar except for the touch keyboard icon and show hidden icons icon. I can't open the start menu or search bar. I also noticed my mic was not being picked up anymore, and if I right click the...
  6. Windows 10 From prebuilt desktop to custom desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 From prebuilt desktop to custom desktop: Hello, I am wondering how I transfer the license from an Omen Hp Desktop to an upgraded version of the desktop. If not can i get the product key so I can activate the license for the new one, or is that not possible....
  7. Startmenu not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startmenu not opening: Ever since Windows 10 came out I've had the issue of my startmenu not opening. I've been through 4 PC's since it was released and all have had this issue. Why can't they just have such an important part of the OS working? This issue comes and goes, sometimes a reboot will...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't create startmenu subfolder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 doesn't create startmenu subfolder: When I install multiple versions of same software, it should create subfolders in startmenu (it works in Win7). Is there any setting in Win10 that I need to enable for it?...
  9. Windows 10 custom shortcut not working In desktop

Windows 10 custom shortcut not working In desktop: hello, I have a small but annoying problem that I have been ignoring since the beginning of 2018! I have created custom shortcuts e.g. control+ F1, F2 etc. to launch different programs. When I start or restart my computer and I am at the desktop screen [wallpaper screen]...
  10. Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu

Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu: Hi, I just published an app to create tiles on Windows 10 Start Menu. It's called "Better StartMenu". You can try it for free. Better StartMenu Here's Windows Store link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGH1XTDX Here's a screenshot of what you can do...