Windows 10: Windows 10 Customizing Folders

Discus and support Windows 10 Customizing Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently moved to Windows 10. I have about 130 folders in Pictures. I customized each folder with a pic from that folder using the following method:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by potplayer, Jul 15, 2019.

1. potplayer Win User

Windows 10 Customizing Folders

I recently moved to Windows 10.
    I have about 130 folders in Pictures.
    I customized each folder with a pic from that folder using the following method:

right click on folder/properties/customize/choose file/open/apply/ok.

I have noticed today that about 20 of the folders are missing the pic that I used to customize the folders with, and have been replaced with a couple of pics from within the folder.

I am now unable to customize the folders in the usual way - Windows will no longer allow me to customize any folder.

Any ideas what has gone wrong please?

:)

potplayer, Jul 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Customizing Folders - Similar Threads - Customizing Folders

2. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom "Folder Types": So I don't know if I should put this here, or in another question. I also don't want to be accused of asking the same question that has already been answered and just making trouble. That is not my intent. I already know that there is no ability to add additional "folder...
  3. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom "Folder Types": So I don't know if I should put this here, or in another question. I also don't want to be accused of asking the same question that has already been answered and just making trouble. That is not my intent. I already know that there is no ability to add additional "folder...
  4. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11: I am trying to change the icon of a folder on my computer and it doesn't work.I go to properties/customize/change icon and I choose an .ico file I have in a folder. When I click on "apply" the icon changes, but then it reverts back to the default.I also tried with an icon in...
  6. Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11

Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11: I am trying to change the icon of a folder on my computer and it doesn't work.I go to properties/customize/change icon and I choose an .ico file I have in a folder. When I click on "apply" the icon changes, but then it reverts back to the default.I also tried with an icon in...
  7. Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder: HI I am creating a custom image Windows installation bootable USB which works well. My issue is that after installation a folder with all the .svm files called $Windows.~LS is created and this consumes alot of space almost 27Gb's. I am a bit hard pressed for space.Is there...
  8. Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder

Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder: HI I am creating a custom image Windows installation bootable USB which works well. My issue is that after installation a folder with all the .svm files called $Windows.~LS is created and this consumes alot of space almost 27Gb's. I am a bit hard pressed for space.Is there...
  9. Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How to customize folders in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to customize folders in File Explorer in Windows 11: I want to customize what folders I see when I open File Explorer in Windows 11. It looks like Desktop is now the main folder that everything shows up under. There are several folders in here that I don't want but I can't figure out how to remove them. See screen shot of my...