Windows 10: Windows 10 - Damaged boot after every cold restart

Discus and support Windows 10 - Damaged boot after every cold restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Whenever I came back from work and start my PC, I get a blue screen error. Every single day. To fix this issue I follow below steps: 1)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kcakar, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Kcakar Win User

Windows 10 - Damaged boot after every cold restart

Hello,

Whenever I came back from work and start my PC, I get a blue screen error. Every single day.

To fix this issue I follow below steps:

1) Restart computer in safe mode

2) Start command line

3) Enter below commands

> diskpart

> sel disk 0

> list vol

> sel vol 3

> assign letter=v

> exit

> cd v:EFI/Microsoft/Boot

> bcdboot c:\Windows /l en-US /s v: /f ALL

These steps mostly fixes my issue. Sometimes I still get blue screen. Do the same steps again and it suddenly works.

I tried to ignore this issue for a while but same thing kept happening for a month or more so I decided to search for a permanent solution.

Thanks for your time,

Kerem

:)

Kcakar, Jul 17, 2018
  2. scevism Win User

windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Windows 10 - Damaged boot after every cold restart :mad:

scevism, Jul 17, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

To add to what @Drone said, W10 still does not seem to like power-saving features in BIOS, and doesn't seem to like the "fast start" option in Windows, which ironically makes it faster without that option.

rtwjunkie, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - Damaged boot after every cold restart

Cold boot to safe mode in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the keyboard is not getting detected in automatic repair mode. I would suggest you to download the media creation tool to install windows 10 and create Windows 10 installation DVD media and try Repairing your Computer.

Follow the below steps:

• Create installation media for windows 10.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

• Insert the Windows 10 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.

• After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Damaged boot after every cold restart

1. Windows 10 - Damaged boot after every cold restart - Similar Threads - Damaged boot every

2. Windows 10 Freeze/Crash after Cold Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freeze/Crash after Cold Boot: I have been having these problem for a couple of weeks now and it is very consistent. Everyday when II turn the computer for the first time it always crashes after 1 few minutes consistently and after I hard reset it, it runs fine. So far I have tried the following method I...
  3. BSODs every time i cold boot

BSODs every time i cold boot: i built a computer with aftermarket parts for intense workloads... but everytime i do a cold boot or turn it off completely, it displays a BSOD from various types 12b,1a, Live kernel 1a1,3b and so on... every time is a different error... the catch here is, once the BSOD...
  4. Why is restart on Windows 10 way slower than cold boot?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is restart on Windows 10 way slower than cold boot?: So I've been tweaking things on my system, both hardware and software, and I now have pretty much instant boot on cold startup. Very nice. But restart is much slower, and takes a good 4-10 seconds to get to the login/lock screen. Is this deliberate, and if not, what could...
  5. Black screen after cold boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...
  6. BSOD at every cold boot

BSOD at every cold boot: Hello everyone, having BSOD at every cold boot. This is happening on my desktop (first build I made), hardware is: MB: Asus Maximus VIII Gene CPU: Intel i5-6600k RAM: 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition Windows 10 Pro 64bit Hoping this is...
  7. Problems after cold boot today.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after cold boot today.: Hello, i've recently just had a couple unusual problems today after i started my computer from a shut down. The first thing that happened was a black screen with no hdmi signal a few minutes after logging in. The computer seemed operational but with just no graphics output....
  8. Win 10 will cold boot but not restart while running??

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 will cold boot but not restart while running??: Did a clean install of Win10. All went well and all working. However, after I did a few Microsoft “Updates” I could no longer get the PC to do a “Restart”. Yes, I could and can start the PC from a cold Boot. I’ve also installed Win10 on another computer and it has...
  9. Win 10 after a cold boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 after a cold boot: This happens when I power up the pc and it boots. The desktop appears, and when I click normally on an icon (a desktop shortcut) to open it, it doesn't open. Instead I get the menu that I would get if I had right-clicked on the icon. If I open it from there, there are...
  10. Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot: I upgraded my Dell Inspiron 3521 laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything went fine until about a week later when I could no longer cold boot. I'd get the Windows logo and the spinning dots, but Windows would never load. I'd manually turn the power on and off several...