Windows 10: Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome

Discus and support Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey all, so I tried out the new Dark Mode in Windows 10, didn't like it much. When I tried to switch back to light mode, everything else goes back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VSVikasSharma, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome

Hey all, so I tried out the new Dark Mode in Windows 10, didn't like it much. When I tried to switch back to light mode, everything else goes back to normal except for Google Chrome. Certain websites aren't going to light mode and really messing up the content display on the web pages. Google, Amazon, Facebook to name a few are stubbornly not switching back at all.

Really stuck in a rut here since I've tried to tweak the Chrome Flags page, done multiple restarts after switching to light mode but the issue persists. Any help?!?

:)

VSVikasSharma, Apr 15, 2021

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Maven01 Win User
    Google Chrome glitch when switching to tablet mode

When I switch to tablet mode on my 2-in-1 laptop in Google Chrome, it glitches and flashes for around 10 seconds. I'm not sure if it's an issue with Chrome not being compatible with tablet mode on Windows 10, but other apps work. Is there any solution
    to this or anything that worked?

Maven01, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome

Steve C, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome

1. Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Dark Mode causing

2. How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!: When I was searching something a notification appeared, it asked me if I wanted to enable Dark Mode. I clicked ok to see how does it look. And now I can't find a way to disable it! Googled how to disable it every source says that choose light theme under default app mode....
  3. Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10: Windows 10 and Chrome’s dark mode gives your eyes a welcome break when you’re browsing the web at night. While Google Chrome’s dark mode works fine and it also respects Windows 10’s theme preference, it only changes the colour of the top-level UIs of the browser. Google is...
  4. Google Chrome stuck on dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome stuck on dark mode: In colors, under personalization in the settings, I chose "Dark" for choose your default app mode and then Google Chrome became black with inverted colors. I switched back to "Light" as websites suggested but it didn't change anything. This only affects Chrome, no effect at...
  5. Google Chrome download issue on Windows 10 S mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Google Chrome download issue on Windows 10 S mode: I can't download Chrome on Windows 10 S mode, I tried download it but it says go to ''store'' I try to open the store and I keep getting an error and won't let me open it and it's been more than 10 days like this. You can see the screenshot attached! After some...
  6. Google Chrome glitch when switching to tablet mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome glitch when switching to tablet mode: When I switch to tablet mode on my 2-in-1 laptop in Google Chrome, it glitches and flashes for around 10 seconds. I'm not sure if it's an issue with Chrome not being compatible with tablet mode on Windows 10, but other apps work. Is there any solution to this or anything that...
  7. Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10: Google Chrome 74 for Windows will come with a series of improvements, including the highly-anticipated dark mode on Windows 10. With version 73, Google rolled out the dark theme treatment to Chrome on MacOS and it appears that the next release of Google’s browser could...
  8. Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready: Google has been testing dark mode for its Chrome browser for a while now and the company is now ironing out the remaining glitches. Yesterday, we spotted that Google Chrome Canary now respects Windows 10’s theme setting and today’s update fixes the bugs where menus had weird...
  9. Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches: Google is actively working on dark mode implementation in Chrome for Windows 10 and other platforms. Windows 10 and macOS has a system-wide dark theme which if enabled brings dark appearance to all compatible apps. Google’s next update to Chrome will make it compatible with...
  10. Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10: The reports of Google Chrome dark mode initially appeared online after Google was spotted working on a dark theme specifically for macOS Mojave. The dark themed Google Chrome offers a comfortable browsing experience and it looks like the browser will finally work with...