Windows 10: Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to change windows 10 to "dark mode". I went into the colors tab and looked for "default app mode" but it doesn't show up. I have seen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hix5000, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Hix5000 Win User

Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode

I am trying to change windows 10 to "dark mode". I went into the colors tab and looked for "default app mode" but it doesn't show up. I have seen people suggest clicking on custom in the color tab to get it to show up but when I click on custom it brings up a another window that still doesn't show default app mode

:)

Hix5000, Jun 24, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

To get a "dark mode" for file explorer you need to use "Color Filter" in ease of access, and that will change all your color settings on the whole system, icons, wallpaper, settings, app color mode(need to switch to light so it will become dark) inclusive. what it does is just invert all color settings. After switching to invert, you will need to re theme your system.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Original coloring

Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode [​IMG]

Inverted coloring

As for forum theme, look at the bottom:

Cliff S, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode

Turn on dark mode for a specific app only

Is it possible to turn on dark mode only for a specific app say CMD ? I don't want to set dark mode as my default app mode in settings. which will apply dark mode for most of the apps. I'm using Windows 10 Pro Build 1903.

ManchstrUnitd, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode

1. Windows 10 Dark Mode - Default App mode - Similar Threads - Dark Mode Default

2. Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !: Hi there, I am having a problem with the dark modes on Microsoft apps. while I am studying I have both Microsoft Word and OneNote on my computer; the problem is that while I am working with Word, I prefer "dark mode" and a "dark gray" while working with OneNote! is there any...
  3. Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark mode on Microsoft Apps !: Hi there, I am having a problem with the dark modes on Microsoft apps. while I am studying I have both Microsoft Word and OneNote on my computer; the problem is that while I am working with Word, I prefer "dark mode" and a "dark gray" while working with OneNote! is there any...
  4. Windows 10 Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dark Mode: I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 15-3558. After installation, I no longer have the option of Dark Mode. Is there a way to get this? My version of Windows 10 is 1511....
  5. Windows 10 Dark Mode

Windows 10 Dark Mode: Hi, Am can change dark mode color black change to dark gray & blue? Its high contrast ratio is too much. I am programming on the screen for hours. While the tools I use Sublime Text, Visual Code Studio their dark theme colors do not tire the eye at all, I feel a very...
  6. Windows 10 dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 dark mode: Look, it could just be me but the dark mode on Windows 10 is a little too dark for my tastes. don't get me wrong I think the dark mode is a great addition I just wish there was like an inbetween gray mode or something just a little bit lighter .. Like they could have done a...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app Dark Mode: I have some vision issues and need dark mode throughout mail app including the reading pane. I have dark mode set in settings but reading pane remains white. I understand there should be a sun/moon toggle to change this but I am unable to find it. Is it possible to get a...
  8. Windows 10 dark mode

Windows 10 dark mode: Hello, Long story short, I used to have dark mode on and it only affects settings menu, I had to format my laptop and reinstall windows 10, but the problem is, now when I turn dark mode on it affects pretty much everything (file explorer, browsers,...etc) Is there a way...
  9. Windows 10 Default App mode, Dark theme. Menus not visible

Windows 10 Default App mode, Dark theme. Menus not visible: I am using Windows 10 in the dark theme mode, and I'm having an issue. When I right click on the "my computer" icon. The menu that pops up is white with the text barely visible. I can only see the text when I cursor over the individual choices. My hardware is an HP...
  10. Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Change Default App & Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Change Default App Mode and Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme Color in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can change your apps instantly from light mode to dark mode great for low-light...