Windows 10: Windows 10 Dark Mode right-click menu visibility issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Dark Mode right-click menu visibility issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, The other day I manually updated Windows for the first time ever, just on a whim. I typically let Windows do its thing and update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by j.ack, Apr 2, 2019.

1. j.ack Win User

Windows 10 Dark Mode right-click menu visibility issue

Hello,

The other day I manually updated Windows for the first time ever, just on a whim. I typically let Windows do its thing and update automatically, but for some reason I checked for updates. According to cmd.exe I'm now on [Version 10.0.17763.379]. I'm having the same issue as described here. That user ends the post saying "As it turns out, it was just an issue with a custom color setting that I was using. I switched to a default windows color scheme and this fixed the issue. "

I'm guessing they meant they set the color scheme to default under the Color Management panel, but as far as I can tell everything there is currently set to default settings for me. Although I have no idea if they were set differently before I updated Windows.

Is the Color Management panel indeed how that user restored their "default windows color scheme"? Would it be easier just to do a system restore, or what would you recommend?

I usually don't mind figuring things out myself on Windows, but frankly Color Management seems daunting considering I'm not even sure if this is a bug or some configuration error that I myself caused somehow. Any help would be greatly appreciated-- I never realized how much I took right-clicking for granted

:)

j.ack, Apr 2, 2019
  2. VolvoGuy Win User

Windows 10 Default App mode, Dark theme. Menus not visible

I am using Windows 10 in the dark theme mode, and I'm having an issue. When I right click on the "my computer" icon. The menu that pops up is white with the text barely visible. I can only see the text when I cursor over the individual choices.
    My hardware is an HP 9470 Elitebook with a 1368 X 768 resolution display. I'm running Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17763.1 (rs5_release). On my newer PC's everything is fine. The issue is only happening on this PC.

VolvoGuy, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Windows 10 Start menu issue

Ive always had issues with the start menu. Pin to start sometimes doesn't work. Now I cant move the icons. And the right click menu sticks. If I do manage to move one it disappears on to reappear later.
    Love 10 other than that. Whats the deal? I would like to organize my icons. Ive tried tablet mode too

Another thing it does when I first restart its bright. Then if I try to move something it dims

Jetster, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Dark Mode right-click menu visibility issue - Similar Threads - Dark Mode right

2. Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable: Hello, about a day ago I discovered when right-clicking on the taskbar or desktop screen the context menu is completely blacked out/darkened, and the only way of reading anything in the menu is by highlighting it with the cursor screenshot will be provided When I switch to...
  3. Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable: Hello, about a day ago I discovered when right-clicking on the taskbar or desktop screen the context menu is completely blacked out/darkened, and the only way of reading anything in the menu is by highlighting it with the cursor screenshot will be provided When I switch to...
  4. Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cursor Visibility in Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor Visibility in Dark Mode: I would like to know if there is a way to turn off the changing text select cursors in dark mode. In dark mode it can be very difficult to find the dark i-beam cursor when editing text, so I changed it out for the white outlined one. Perfect, problem solved, or so I thought....
  6. right click menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    right click menu in windows 10: 2 Days ago, wile using Firefox, I remarked that my PC started to act strange: wile trying to open a new tab, instead, a new window was opening. In Explorer, I cannot use the Right Click.As soon as I press the right button on the mouse, the menu opens and right away it closes....
  7. Windows 10 Dark Mode Issues

Windows 10 Dark Mode Issues: Hey Guys, Windows now has Dark Mode which is AWESOME. It's working flawlessly on my Razer Laptop but I can't say the same for my desktop at work. I'm the admin account on it so there shouldn't be any sort of permissions issues. When I select dark mode on my Maingear...
  8. Right click menu issue

Right click menu issue: I absolutely love this theme....except that the context (right click) menus remain white. I can't believe they were intended to be this way. The theme has such beautiful artwork otherwise. Any advice, suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. (other than live with...
  9. Issues with right clicking start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with right clicking start menu.: Prior to upgrading to build 1511 a few days ago I could right click on the start menu and all the icons works. Could run as an administrator with no issue. However for the last few days clicking on any icon from the right click start menu does nothing. Level three at...
  10. Taskbar App right-click menu dark

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar App right-click menu dark: Hi, The right-click menu of for any program for me is dark but the problem is the menu item text is a shade greyer (grayer?*sarc) than black which makes it almost unreadable. This happens only for programs, the right click for start menu is ok. I am attaching a pic for...