Windows 10: Windows 10 dark mode update causes Windows explorer to lag and flicker

Discus and support Windows 10 dark mode update causes Windows explorer to lag and flicker in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I recently updated my Windows 10 and got the dark mode theme, explorer lags and causes other programmes to lag and slow down. I have 2 nvme ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lion King86, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 dark mode update causes Windows explorer to lag and flicker

Hi

I recently updated my Windows 10 and got the dark mode theme, explorer lags and causes other programmes to lag and slow down. I have 2 nvme ssd running and before the update anything was snappy now my machine lags and the explorer window flickers white from time to time. Anyone with a solve for this?

:)

Lion King86, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows 10 dark mode update causes Windows explorer to lag and flicker

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 dark mode update causes Windows explorer to lag and flicker

1. Windows 10 dark mode update causes Windows explorer to lag and flicker - Similar Threads - dark mode update

2. does game mode on windows 10 cause lag?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does game mode on windows 10 cause lag?: so i been playing some games and i been experiencing lag so can any of you tell me if game mode causes lag? or is it just my computer submitted by /u/flores1_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jo64n9/does_game_mode_on_windows_10_cause_lag/
  3. Windows 10 explorer ? keeps causing lag spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 explorer ? keeps causing lag spikes: Hi all, I have a 5-ish year old ASUS TP300 notebook laptop with Windows 10 on it. For a while now I've been having an issue where my CPU usage jumps from 50% use again, ish nominal to 100% use spikes every 10 seconds or so. I'm not a tech genius by any means but I have a...
  4. The Windows Explorer Dark Mode Experience

The Windows Explorer Dark Mode Experience: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlueGoliath [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g23w1j/the_windows_explorer_dark_mode_experience/
  5. Windows 10 Dark Mode for File Explorer ONLY ?

Windows 10 Dark Mode for File Explorer ONLY ?: Hi, is it possible to change only File Explorer in Windows 10 to dark mode? It is possible to change the "default app mode" however this changes a number of apps throughout installed on the machine...
  6. dark mode for file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    dark mode for file explorer: Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-for-file-explorer/bbce1d4b-d204-4418-9ee3-d57312999611
  7. Windows 10 file explorer dark mode not working

Windows 10 file explorer dark mode not working: I have been using genuine windows 10 pro build 1809 version 17134.376. I have changed the colors to dark mode, but still my file explorer is not showing the dark mode. I am on the latest update October 24, 2018....
  8. Windows 10 dark mode 1809 update

Windows 10 dark mode 1809 update: [IMG] how to solve this White =background in dark mode on right click and my file explorer is also not in good shape.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-dark-mode-1809-update/920fc70b-5728-4b41-908a-077713f55560
  9. Enable Dark Mode for Windows File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Dark Mode for Windows File Explorer in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 v1809 introduces a lot of new features and improvements which have been covered in detail at TheWindowsClub. One of the most anticipated features that were introduced in this update was Dark Mode for Windows File Explorer. Enable Dark [...] This post...
  10. Windows 10 dark mode 1809 update

Windows 10 dark mode 1809 update: [IMG] how to solve this White =background in dark mode on right click and my file explorer is also not in good shape.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-dark-mode-1809-update/920fc70b-5728-4b41-908a-077713f55560

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows dark mode slow dowb computer