Windows 10: Windows 10 Dark Theme not changing classic context menu and dropdown fields

Discus and support Windows 10 Dark Theme not changing classic context menu and dropdown fields in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Many dropdown fields and context menus e.g. desktop right-click context menu and Audacity dropdowns are still left light. Shouldn't these be updated to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SNDST00M, Jul 22, 2021.

1. SNDST00M Win User

Windows 10 Dark Theme not changing classic context menu and dropdown fields

Many dropdown fields and context menus e.g. desktop right-click context menu and Audacity dropdowns are still left light. Shouldn't these be updated to the dark theme for consistency with the dark theme in Windows Explorer?If an app "doesn't fit" the dark context menu, that should be the app's problem.

:)

SNDST00M, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Dark Context menu in Light Theme when clicking on options for Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that when you click on the Wi-Fi option in you get the options in Dark context menu in Light Theme. This is by design for the Light Theme.

There are few interesting feature changes in Windows 10 1903 that you may want to check. You can refer the article

What's new in Windows 10 1903
    to know about the new features.

However, I commend you for noticing this in the Light Theme. We would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions, as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I would suggest you to post a feedback in Microsoft

Feedback Hub
    so that our developing team can review your suggestions and check if it can be included in the future updates.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font

If you want to change size make sure you have backup or else note what you did so that you can undo the steps.

Here's my desktop and context menu:

Windows 10 Dark Theme not changing classic context menu and dropdown fields [​IMG]

Here it is if i make it bigger:

Windows 10 Dark Theme not changing classic context menu and dropdown fields [​IMG]

See thread here:

Classic Advanced Windows Color and Appearance Dialog Box

That applet works for me but I use a non aero basic theme. It probably won't work if using other themes.

In any case I've also used Winaero Tweaker and these but you should backup Metrics.

I've also used sysfontbold.exe

Callender, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Clasurol Win User

Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font

This is actually quite nice to see, thank you. So you can edit Fonts still with it (I use Classic theme exclusively). IDK why Microsoft keep removing useful stuff and burying it in the registry - they did the same with MIDI driver selection, which can only be toggled via the registry now.

Clasurol, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Dark Theme not changing classic context menu and dropdown fields - Similar Threads - Dark Theme changing

2. Context menu theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Context menu theme: Hello, I just installed the new Win11 2022H2 update, I then messed about with some config apps like startallback, winareo tweaker and TIW11, the context menus for all my applications started using light mode however I have normal windows context menu's using dark mode:however...
  3. Context menu theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Context menu theme: Hello, I just installed the new Win11 2022H2 update, I then messed about with some config apps like startallback, winareo tweaker and TIW11, the context menus for all my applications started using light mode however I have normal windows context menu's using dark mode:however...
  4. Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu: As a number of people have already pointed out the Right-click context menu now consists of a two step process. This soon gets very old and annoying.As a developer I have a lot of stuff in my context menu that I need on a daily basis. For example the entire GIT context menu...
  5. My Context Menu stayed Classic??

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Context Menu stayed Classic??: Hi. I'm having a problem: didn't change Windows with cmd or regedit, but my Context Menu stayed classic: As you can see in picture, lines choosed is all blue; noy gray. Why is so, different?? And i downloaded registries to fix this problem: nothing changes. [ATTACH]...
  6. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  7. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  8. Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Add Windows Mode to Context Menu to Toggle Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 Starting with theme will also change your PC to be light themed. This tutorial will show you how to add a...
  9. Add App Mode to Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add App Mode to Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Add App Mode to Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Add App Mode to Context Menu to Toggle Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 You can change your apps in Windows 10 from a default light mode to dark mode. Dark mode is great for low-light...
  10. Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 Personalization includes your account's System Icons. In Windows 10, the personalization settings are all moving to the Settings app....