Windows 10: Windows 10 .dat files are being modified by WordPerfect when I install the program.

Discus and support Windows 10 .dat files are being modified by WordPerfect when I install the program. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Does anyone know how I can prevent WordPerfect from attaching itself to .dat files when I install the program? Every time it modifies .dat files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thomas Lawson 53, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 .dat files are being modified by WordPerfect when I install the program.

Does anyone know how I can prevent WordPerfect from attaching itself to .dat files when I install the program? Every time it modifies .dat files windows 10 doesn't recognize then data file then anything that relies on the data file stops working ie Windows Spotlight.

:)

Thomas Lawson 53, Feb 12, 2019

2. Unable to open wordperfect files

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall WordPerfect x7and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    WordPerfect x7:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for WordPerfect x7and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Unable to open wordperfect files

This advice is Okay for WordPerfect x7, but I currently use WordPerfect12 and would just like to verify whether these directions would ALSO APPLY. What does uninstalling do to hundreds of WordPerfect files that I have accumulated during a lifelong use of
    WordPerfect starting in a Commodore PC 10 computer.

I am 75 yrs old with a long use of computers, but a very limited knowledge of computer theory and without help the obstructions that Windows 10 have placed on my continued use may be too much to accept.

Alpha Numero Etc, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Tommygunn Win User

Windows 10 .dat files are being modified by WordPerfect when I install the program.

Partitioning Program Files/Program Files(x86) from Windows 10 install?

In the coming week I will be installing Windows 10 Home on my new computer. I will be using an SSD and an HDD, the SSD for the OS, programs and games and the HDD for photos, music and all the other slow stuff.
    So, my question. In case the OS were to ever get corrupted, or I had to reinstall the OS for any other reason, is it possible to have the SSD set up as follows; Partition 1 - OS, Partition 2 - Program Files/Program Files((x86) plus other associated folders/files) and Partition 3 for my games, so that any re-install does not wipe out my already installed programs?

I had no problem doing this in with my XP desktop(OS in C and Progs in D, although not perfect, but was never able to do it with Windows 7.

Can it be done?

Tom.

Tommygunn, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 .dat files are being modified by WordPerfect when I install the program.

1. Windows 10 .dat files are being modified by WordPerfect when I install the program. - Similar Threads - dat files are

2. Zip files being created or modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip files being created or modified: Ok, so normally when I download a zip file, or even create one myself, it shows up as simply a ZIP file. I am then able to extract it by just right clicking and clicking extract, with no input from any other applications. Recently, however, whenever a ZIP file is created or...
  3. Zip files being created or modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zip files being created or modified: Ok, so normally when I download a zip file, or even create one myself, it shows up as simply a ZIP file. I am then able to extract it by just right clicking and clicking extract, with no input from any other applications. Recently, however, whenever a ZIP file is created or...
  4. Zip files being created or modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  6. Installing WordPerfect 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing WordPerfect 2021: I'm running the latest version of 64-bit Windows 11 Pro II have WordPerfect X7 installed, but just bought an installation DVD of WordPerfect 2021 Home and Student, and I'm having trouble installing it. I get to the screen headed END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT, but when I then...
  7. Installing WordPerfect 2021

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing WordPerfect 2021: I'm running the latest version of 64-bit Windows 11 Pro II have WordPerfect X7 installed, but just bought an installation DVD of WordPerfect 2021 Home and Student, and I'm having trouble installing it. I get to the screen headed END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT, but when I then...
  8. UNINS000.dat file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNINS000.dat file in Windows 10: How do I restore UNINS000.dat file in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unins000dat-file-in-windows-10/2b51c8b3-39d4-42d5-906a-481bd9fa0fb4"
  9. .dat files are modified by WordPerfect and Windows Spotlight is not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    .dat files are modified by WordPerfect and Windows Spotlight is not working.: Does anyone know how I can prevent WordPerfect from attaching itself to .dat files when I install the program? Every time it modifies .dat files windows 10 doesn't recognize then data file then anything that relies on the data file stops working ie Windows Spotlight....
  10. Allowing Programs access to modify files,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allowing Programs access to modify files,: Okay, so it turns out somethings a little screwed up with my computer... programs cannot write, or modify files, I'm just seeing this so far with a couple of games, and Eclipse, but when i try and save a file ive been editing, or change some settings, it gives me an error:...