Windows 10: Windows 10 date and time

Discus and support Windows 10 date and time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Brand new laptop with Windows 10. Unable to permanently change date and time and time zone. I go to Date and Time window and make the changes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JackForest2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Windows 10 date and time

Brand new laptop with Windows 10. Unable to permanently change date and time and time zone. I go to Date and Time window and make the changes to date, time, and time zone, but the "Apply" button is grayed out and cannot be selected. Only the "OK" button can be selected, but this does not apply the changes. The machine changes back to its original time zone, date, and time. I went to Microsoft Help chat line, and the tech had me go to the Microsoft button > services.msc > geolocation > restart, and guaranteed that this would fix the problem. It did not. I need a fix that will allow the "Apply" button to be selected in the "Date and Time" window after I make an adjustment. Thanks.

:)

JackForest2, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Windows 10 date and time

Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 date and time

1. Windows 10 date and time - Similar Threads - date

2. ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎: In Windows 11, 23H2 and 22H2, if a user has file explorer open to a network location, sorted by Date Modified, opens an older office file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., modifies that file, and saves, file explorer will not update to show the updated modified date and new sort...
  3. ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎: In Windows 11, 23H2 and 22H2, if a user has file explorer open to a network location, sorted by Date Modified, opens an older office file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., modifies that file, and saves, file explorer will not update to show the updated modified date and new sort...
  4. Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...: Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can uninstall old updates maybe it uses some space in the system? please suggest me on this matter I would appreciate your input....
  5. Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...

Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...: Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can uninstall old updates maybe it uses some space in the system? please suggest me on this matter I would appreciate your input....
  6. Windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSC 2021 21H2 extended end date, end of support, Janaury 13, 2032

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSC 2021 21H2 extended end date, end of support, Janaury 13, 2032: As the windows 10 builds reach the end of support or retirement, Microsoft should promote, Windows 10, IOT Enterprise, LTSC, 2021, 21H2, that reaches its end of life and end of servicing on Janaury 13, 2032. This would delay, 240 million, PC's heading for the landfill. Why to...
  7. Windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSC 2021 21H2 extended end date, end of support, Janaury 13, 2032

Windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSC 2021 21H2 extended end date, end of support, Janaury 13, 2032: As the windows 10 builds reach the end of support or retirement, Microsoft should promote, Windows 10, IOT Enterprise, LTSC, 2021, 21H2, that reaches its end of life and end of servicing on Janaury 13, 2032. This would delay, 240 million, PC's heading for the landfill. Why to...
  8. Please say what is relase date of windows 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please say what is relase date of windows 12: Please say that to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-say-what-is-relase-date-of-windows-12/141d7608-b0aa-41a6-8044-ba0ed4634c95
  9. Please say what is relase date of windows 12

Please say what is relase date of windows 12: Please say that to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-say-what-is-relase-date-of-windows-12/141d7608-b0aa-41a6-8044-ba0ed4634c95
  10. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...