Windows 10: Windows 10 DCHP 169.254 problem

Discus and support Windows 10 DCHP 169.254 problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Essentially I keep getting this DCHP error. I have ran around the internet trying to find a solution but nothing really worked. I am running everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by puzzer, Apr 10, 2020.

1. puzzer Win User

Windows 10 DCHP 169.254 problem

Essentially I keep getting this DCHP error. I have ran around the internet trying to find a solution but nothing really worked. I am running everything through ethernet and the cable is working and I have tried a good chunk of command prompt to fix it but as I said nothing really worked. 1 month later, a new network card and a m.2 drive the problem still persists on a fresh install of windows and I'm kinda at a loss right now

:)

puzzer, Apr 10, 2020

2. 169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip

No router, No DCHP and a 169 address does not stop one from accessing the site. What people will use is the public IP provided to you by your ISP. Your internal private IPs are irrelevant.

logicearth, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 DCHP 169.254 problem - Similar Threads - DCHP 169 254

2. Can’t reach the DCHP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t reach the DCHP server: I just bought a HP Victus with Windows 11 and everything has been working good so far. My problem is that I can’t connect to my wifi. I have checked and the router/modem is not the problem, neither the distance between the laptop and the router: other devices connect...
  3. Can’t reach the DCHP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t reach the DCHP server: I just bought a HP Victus with Windows 11 and everything has been working good so far. My problem is that I can’t connect to my wifi. I have checked and the router/modem is not the problem, neither the distance between the laptop and the router: other devices connect...
  4. What is 169 IP address? How to fix 169 IP address error?

in Windows 10 News
    What is 169 IP address? How to fix 169 IP address error?: [ATTACH]Internet is a basic human right and its lack can disrupt your daily life. […] This article What is 169 IP address? How to fix 169 IP address error? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Invalid IP address starting with 169

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid IP address starting with 169: Hi, I am not getting internet access on my pc through ethernet but i can get it through wifi. On running the windows troubleshooter, it says that the IP address is invalid. So i tried following some youtube videos but it didnt help. The IP address star with 169. I have to...
  6. Unidentified Network after BSOD. IP address starts with 169

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unidentified Network after BSOD. IP address starts with 169: I'm running Windows 10 64bit and had a BSOD due to laptop over heating. On rebooting my laptop LAN started showing unidentified network. My WiFi is completely fine and I can use it. When I checked my IP it started with 169 and I was told it had a negative significance. Any...
  7. why my PC on windows 10 is picking 169... IP range when connecting using wifi network?

why my PC on windows 10 is picking 169... IP range when connecting using wifi network?: Hi, Why my PC on windows 10 is picking 169... IP range when connecting using wifi network? why it is not to 192.168.. range by default ? What has changed ? Kind regards...
  8. Unidentified Network, ip configuration is invalid, 169 IP address

Unidentified Network, ip configuration is invalid, 169 IP address: I cant connect to the internet i tried everything online nothing works help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/unidentified-network-ip-configuration-is-invalid/55cb42e1-df20-449c-8f48-7d18bd9dbb8e
  9. Windows 10 freezes with Adobe CC218 products and H.254 video encoding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes with Adobe CC218 products and H.254 video encoding: I can’t use any of the new CC2018 products in my PC. Majority of them makes windows10 to freeze when opening and some makes windows just to crash inside the app making a specific task like rendering or even open an EPS file for example. I’m on a fresh install of Windows10,...
  10. 169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip

169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip: Hi I am an absolute extreme beginner in trying to install my own website (for my small business) using my home computer as my server for now, etc. Took me days to understand what I was supposed to install where and confusion arose many a time with all the ins and outs....