Windows 10: Windows 10 deactivated after hardware change

Discus and support Windows 10 deactivated after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have recently changed my hardware. My windows 10 now thinks it hasn't been activated. I am signed into my account linked to my license for windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JackOps, Dec 31, 2018.

1. JackOps Win User

Windows 10 deactivated after hardware change

I have recently changed my hardware. My windows 10 now thinks it hasn't been activated. I am signed into my account linked to my license for windows 10 but still hasn't activated. I've tried the troubleshoot option, but no success.

:)

JackOps, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 31, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 deactivated after mobo replace.

Yes, he will have to redo activation. And he can do that using a spare HDD. He could even do that with just an empty partition on the existing hard drive.

Sequence of events:

1. Change of MOBO triggered a change in hardware configuration which deactivated WIN 10 on HDD A.
    2. Remove HDD A from new MOBO and put blank HDD B on it.
    3. Install WIN 8 on HDD B. Ensure it is activated. Upgrade to WIN 10. Ensure it is activated.
    4. Now the new MOBO hardware info is stored on Microsoft activation servers.
    5. Remove HDD B and reinstall HDD A.
    6. The existing Windows 10 on HDD A will activate based upon the hardware info stored on Microsoft activation servers in step 4.

Windows 10 recalculates the hardware configure each time it starts. If it is the same as last time, it stays activated. If it is different than last time it deactivates - and if it doesn't find the new hardware on Microsoft activation servers, it stays deactivated.

NavyLCDR, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 deactivated after hardware change - Similar Threads - deactivated hardware change

2. Windows deactivated after hardware change 0xC004F211

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows deactivated after hardware change 0xC004F211: I just changed the hardware in my PC and my Windows 11 pro ended up deactivating. I tried troubleshooting and it says that it was unable to activate due to internet connection issues....
  3. Windows 10 deactivates after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 deactivates after hardware change.: So, for Christmas I got new parts to upgrade my computer. And after I installed the new motherboard, RAM and processor going from AM3+ to AM4 I saw that my Windows was deactivated.I ran the troubleshooter and at first it didn't work, but then I restarted the pc and it worked....
  4. Windows 10 deactivates after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 deactivates after hardware change.: So, for Christmas I got new parts to upgrade my computer. And after I installed the new motherboard, RAM and processor going from AM3+ to AM4 I saw that my Windows was deactivated.I ran the troubleshooter and at first it didn't work, but then I restarted the pc and it worked....
  5. Windows 10 deactivates after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. After hardware change windows was deactivated

After hardware change windows was deactivated: I recently changed hardware on my computer which had windows, when i changed most of the hardware, as to be expected, my windows had been deactivated, it still had the product ID etc. When it told me to troubleshoot it i did and followed all its steps and consulted a robot...
  7. Windows deactivated after hardware change.

Windows deactivated after hardware change.: Hi. My windows has deactivated after I replaced most of my computer and I never had a digital license. I brought my computer second hand so windows was already installed and activated. I have tried the activation troubleshooter and it didn't fix my issue. I don't have the...
  8. Windows 10 got deactivated after a hardware change

Windows 10 got deactivated after a hardware change: Hello guys, new here. I recently did an hardware upgrade Motherboard + CPU and then I realized that my windows got deactivated. I got the license key and I've been trying to re-enter it but it won't work. I already did the "troubleshoot" thingy but it doesn't show "I did an...
  9. Windows 10 Deactivated after hardware change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Deactivated after hardware change: I changed my motherboard, CPU and RAM yesterday and as I expected Windows 10 was deactivated. I do not have a key, it was activated automatically after upgrading from Windows 7 before but now that happened. I tried the troubleshooter, it didn't do anything. Is there anything...
  10. Windows 10 deactivated after a hardware change.

Windows 10 deactivated after a hardware change.: So long story short... I upgraded from window 7 to 10 during the free upgrade period with help over the phone from Microsoft (John Christopher D.) he activated everything right over the phone. So I never got an activation key. And now I just completely upgraded everything on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 deactivated after change hardware

2. windows 10 deactivated after hardware change

3. i recently changed harware on a computer and my windows had deactivated