Windows 10: Windows 10 deactivated and i was using a local account, what to do?

Discus and support Windows 10 deactivated and i was using a local account, what to do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I changed hardware on my pc recently, i was just using the local account that i also used on win 7. it tells me to login to my windows account te... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SirFrogMouth, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Windows 10 deactivated and i was using a local account, what to do?

I changed hardware on my pc recently, i was just using the local account that i also used on win 7. it tells me to login to my windows account te reactivate it using the digital license, but it wasn't tied to one, it was just on the local account. Am i just screwed here?

submitted by /u/SirFrogMouth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SirFrogMouth, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 deactivated and i was using a local account, what to do? :(

Zakin, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 deactivated and i was using a local account, what to do?

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 deactivated and i was using a local account, what to do?

1. Windows 10 deactivated and i was using a local account, what to do? - Similar Threads - deactivated was using

2. How do I add a Local Password to the account used to set up Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I add a Local Password to the account used to set up Windows 10: I am constantly getting error code 0x8009002d when attempting to log in using my Pin after I put my laptop in either sleep or hibernate modes. I do this because I often have multiple processes running and it is more time efficient to leave them open on my computer than to...
  3. How do I add a Local Password to the account used to set up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add a Local Password to the account used to set up Windows 10: I am constantly getting error code 0x8009002d when attempting to log in using my Pin after I put my laptop in either sleep or hibernate modes. I do this because I often have multiple processes running and it is more time efficient to leave them open on my computer than to...
  4. How do I add a Local Password to the account used to set up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?: So let me explain what is going on here. So I can get in through the pin but I have no idea what the password is. So I was trying to add my Microsoft account to Windows 11, I enter the password to my Microsoft account, But it is making me put in my Windows password as well...
  6. I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my Windows password to my local account, What do I do?: So let me explain what is going on here. So I can get in through the pin but I have no idea what the password is. So I was trying to add my Microsoft account to Windows 11, I enter the password to my Microsoft account, But it is making me put in my Windows password as well...
  7. Microsoft Account Deactivation: what is that?!?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Deactivation: what is that?!?: Hi there!I received an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that informs me that Microsoft itself decided to deactivate my account unless I click on a link to verify my account.I think this is again a fake email, but is there some Microsoft staff person who...
  8. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a local account or Microsoft account for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a local account or Microsoft account for...: I am using a Microsoft account for Windows it is giving me some problems such as Windows accounts automatically appear on Skype appI frequently use Skype and care about privacy, both Skype Windows app and Skype Desktop app and they can't be removed. I heard to some degree...
  9. use windows 10 with microsoft account or local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    use windows 10 with microsoft account or local account?: i rememebr it was a requirement to sign into my new pc with a microsoft account, so i made one, but i dont find a use for it and i saw one of my friends use a local account. i want to log out of my microsoft account on my pc and delete the account, i dont use any microsoft...
  10. in windows 10 ''this app cant open by local administrative account'' what should i do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    in windows 10 ''this app cant open by local administrative account'' what should i do?: unable to find ''local security policy '' by typing in search the web and windows pls help me on this, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-this-app-cant-open-by-local/84bda101-edaa-4a38-9cd0-280bcbd6e0ca"