Windows 10: Windows 10 deactivated even though I got Windows 10 Pro license from being in the Windows...

Discus and support Windows 10 deactivated even though I got Windows 10 Pro license from being in the Windows... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; "If you install the latest Windows 10 preview (build 10130) on a machine and use a Microsoft Account that's registered for the Windows Insider program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pancake7, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Pancake7 Win User

Windows 10 deactivated even though I got Windows 10 Pro license from being in the Windows...

"If you install the latest Windows 10 preview (build 10130) on a machine and use a Microsoft Account that's registered for the Windows Insider program then you'll get the final version of Windows 10 free. "

https://www.theverge.com/2015/6/20/8818383/microsoft-windows-10-free-for-testers

I got Windows 10 pro license from testing Windows 10. But now 3 years later, my Windows 10 has deactivated. Anybody know how to fix this?

:)

Pancake7, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-windows-10-home-costs-119-pro-costs-199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 24, 2018
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 deactivated even though I got Windows 10 Pro license from being in the Windows...

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 deactivated even though I got Windows 10 Pro license from being in the Windows... - Similar Threads - deactivated though got

2. Can't deactivate Windows 10 Pro with digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't deactivate Windows 10 Pro with digital license: HiI am trying to deactivate the Windows10 Pro from 1 computer to use it in a new one.I login with my user which is a admin and have run the following commands:slmgr.vbs /upkslmgr -cpkyBothe commands came back with successfully removed license and Product key from registry...
  3. Can't deactivate Windows 10 Pro with digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't deactivate Windows 10 Pro with digital license: HiI am trying to deactivate the Windows10 Pro from 1 computer to use it in a new one.I login with my user which is a admin and have run the following commands:slmgr.vbs /upkslmgr -cpkyBothe commands came back with successfully removed license and Product key from registry...
  4. Can't deactivate Windows 10 Pro with digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activation says I have a Windows 10 Home license even though I purchased a Pro license

Activation says I have a Windows 10 Home license even though I purchased a Pro license: I purchased a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft store, but it's not activating. I'm getting the "Activate Windows" watermark.I checked my order history and the purchase is there, and it's for pro, not home.I'm signed into the same account on my computer with which...
  6. Windows 10 pro digital license continually deactivates

Windows 10 pro digital license continually deactivates: Hello, I am on Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build 19042.870. Problem background: The laptop was purchased in China and had Windows 10 home China. In order to change the language to English I purchased Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft service and installed it with a...
  7. Windows 10 got deactivated, windows home license but windows pro installed

Windows 10 got deactivated, windows home license but windows pro installed: After troubleshooting it says I have a "windows 10 home single language digital license" instead of the pro. This was originally windows 8.1 and was updated to windows 10. A couple of months ago it was fine but around this week suddenly it got deactivated. I have the key for...
  8. Windows 10 Pro got deactivated for no apparent reason.

Windows 10 Pro got deactivated for no apparent reason.: Hello. I bought a PC from a store with Windows 10 Pro installed. It worked fine for 6 months. Today when I started it, it gave me a watermark message that Windows is not activated. I tried troubleshooting but that did not help. It asks me to contact the administrator, but...
  9. Windows 10 Pro deactivated and reverted to Home license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro deactivated and reverted to Home license: I have been using Windows 10 Pro since release, upgraded from a Windows 8.1 Pro retail license (I believe I still have the original packaging somewhere). Today an "Activate Windows" notice popped up on my screen, and the activation troubleshooter informs me that I have a...
  10. Windows 10 got deactivated

Windows 10 got deactivated: I am a Windows 10 Insider for a long time. Today, Windows tells me I am *not activated*. Why after all this time? What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-got-deactivated/e8287cb1-b3b0-4b77-a994-51e79095b21a"