Windows 10: Windows 10 deactivated following update, product key not working to reactivate it

Discus and support Windows 10 deactivated following update, product key not working to reactivate it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently updated Windows on my Lenovo ideapad, and since then I have had numerous issues. The biggest one of which is that Windows has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EddieSwain, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 deactivated following update, product key not working to reactivate it

Hi there,

I recently updated Windows on my Lenovo ideapad, and since then I have had numerous issues. The biggest one of which is that Windows has deactivated itself, and the original product key which I found by downloading a program to find as it is internally stored within the laptop does not work when input to reactivate windows. I have tried running command prompt and entering the wmic path softwarelicencingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey code, but that just brings up an error message, ERROR: Description = Not found.The computer was bought with Windows already on it, so there's no way the activation code can suddenly be invalid as far as I know. I also had real problems with the network following the update, which after lots of effort were only fixed by resetting the laptop to factory settings. Any advice on how to fix this windows activation issue would be massively appreciated, I've seen a lot of posts on this issue on the forums here and followed all the advice, but nothing has worked. If anyone has any idea why this has happened that too would be handy to know.

:)

EddieSwain, Feb 15, 2021

2. deactivate windows product key

How do I deactivate a Windows product key from another computer? All the answers I found refer to deactivating a product key on the same machine but I can't do that because the the machine was reinstalled with Linux without deactivating the product key.
    My case is specifically for Windows 7 but for the sake of the question if there's a method that works for all versions of Windows that be preferred.

Thanks.

P.S. for the topic category I said activate since I'm looking to deactivate the license so I can reactivate it.

thinker101, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 which came with free upgrade deactivated itself

Hello Turin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The installed copy of Windows 10 is a volume license that requires a reactivation, this is the reason why your Windows 10 deactivated itself. You may still use your product key due to digital entitlement that will enable
    to reactivate Windows 10. For us to help you with your concern, we suggest that you retrieve your product key using the Command Prompt:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin) by right clicking the Windows icon. On the Command Prompt window type in the following and press
      Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Copy the product key and go to Settings > Update and Security > Activation > Change product key. Paste the product key and proceed with the rest of the process.

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Windows 10 deactivated following update, product key not working to reactivate it

How to reactivate windows 10 product key, once deactivated?

I accidently deactivated it while i was using command prompt (admin). Now, i am unable to access some built-in features & I don't have original product key with me now. Is there any way to reactivate my key?

Vihaankush, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 deactivated following update, product key not working to reactivate it

1. Windows 10 deactivated following update, product key not working to reactivate it - Similar Threads - deactivated following update

2. Product Key Reactivation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key Reactivation: I bought a Dell Inspiron, OEM Installed Windows 11. Product key was activated. Recently I had to reset my system. Its again asking for Product Key. But I don't remember it. Any help please?...
  3. Product Key Reactivation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Reactivation: I bought a Dell Inspiron, OEM Installed Windows 11. Product key was activated. Recently I had to reset my system. Its again asking for Product Key. But I don't remember it. Any help please?...
  4. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  5. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  6. Deactivate product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deactivate product key: Hi, Can anyone guide me on how i can deactivate the key product and move the product key on a new device? The existing win 10 version is an upgrade from win 7 premium. If that helps? TIA...
  7. Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation: I built a new pc, so instead of buying a new license I decided to transfer the license from my old pc to the new one. I went into This PC->Properties and wrote down the code at the bottom of the page, then i looked up online how to deactivate the code and i found that you go...
  8. Product Key Deactivation

Product Key Deactivation: Hi all, I bought Windows 10 Home Edition when I built my PC a couple of years ago and I am now going to be selling it to build a new one. I will be keeping my SSD which Windows and other programs are currently installed on, putting in a new one and installing Windows on...
  9. How to reactivate windows 10 product key, once deactivated?

How to reactivate windows 10 product key, once deactivated?: I accidently deactivated it while i was using command prompt (admin). Now, i am unable to access some built-in features & I don't have original product key with me now. Is there any way to reactivate my key?...
  10. Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10: How to: Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10 How to Uninstall Product Key to Deactivate Windows 10 Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasnt been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow....