Windows 10: Windows 10 deactivated; unable to activate; Pro vs Home; unable to install Home

Discus and support Windows 10 deactivated; unable to activate; Pro vs Home; unable to install Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, About 1 month ago after an update I started receiving notification that my windows license will soon expire. I searched the internet and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SergiyMarchenko, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 deactivated; unable to activate; Pro vs Home; unable to install Home

Hello,

About 1 month ago after an update I started receiving notification that my windows license will soon expire. I searched the internet and found out that it's a problem with the update great QA MS and that it will soon be fixed.

This week, however, my windows became deactivated despite all the latest updates installed so it wasn't fixed for me. The story is this:

1. I'm getting 0x8007000D error
    2. Upon troubleshooting, it says "We found a Windows 10 Home Single Language digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home Single Language"
    3. Upon downloading MediaCreationTool1909 and trying to re-install the OS, I have no choice but to install Windows 10 Pro!
    4. Closed loop

I have Asus ROG GL703VM laptop from 2 years ago and I had no problems with the license whatsoever. I haven't re-installed the system before and haven't changed anything on the laptop. I have absolutely no clue how I was running supposedly "incorrect" version of Windows for 2 years.

Could someone help me with solving this issue please?

Thanks,

Sergiy

:)

SergiyMarchenko, Apr 4, 2020

2. Unable to Activate Win 8

I got Win 8 isntalled on my file server, but I am unable to activate it with the key. Says the key is invalid. Since I work at microsoft I got a retail version from the employee store. I have been doing some reading, and to be able to activate Win8 with the key there needs to be a previous version of Windows installed for it to work. WTF, so you can't do clean installs?

And the box says nothing about Upgrade version. Straight Windows 8 Pro.

MxPhenom 216, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Harry9001 Win User
    Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 deactivated; unable to activate; Pro vs Home; unable to install Home

Unable to install any OS

Ram, if a cmos clear doesnt fix it, replace the ram. check the seating of the CPU too make sure there are no bent pins

eidairaman1, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 deactivated; unable to activate; Pro vs Home; unable to install Home

1. Windows 10 deactivated; unable to activate; Pro vs Home; unable to install Home - Similar Threads - deactivated unable activate

2. Unable to install Windows home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Windows home to Windows 11 Pro: Purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 home, paid to upgrade to Windows 11 pro when I click on install a screen pops up; have you saved your files I click yes. It gives me a message try again and above that it reads something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade.No...
  3. Unable to install Windows home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Windows home to Windows 11 Pro: Purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 home, paid to upgrade to Windows 11 pro when I click on install a screen pops up; have you saved your files I click yes. It gives me a message try again and above that it reads something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade.No...
  4. Unable to Activate Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to Activate Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro.: Hi, I've purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from Microsoft store and have received confirmation email from Microsoft without the Product Key/Digital license.Now, I'm unable to activate my Windows 10 Pro license on the PC.Looking forward to your assistance. Regards,Kim Kanwar...
  5. unable to install windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to install windows 10 home: Im trying to install windows 10 home but it keeps failing. I currently have windows 10 enterprise but windows is not activated as I believe the person who i bought my PC from failed to inform me about it. I went to a third party retailer and purchased windows 10 and was...
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 Home.

Unable to activate Windows 10 Home.: Whenever I try to activate Windows 10 Home, it doesn't allow me. I am thinking that it is my because of my Product ID. I will provide pictures below.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key: My brother gave me a computer that has an non-activated version of Windows 10 Pro on it. I have a new Windows 10 Pro product key which I have entered in the 'change product key' settings. I receive error 0x803F7001 and am told to buy a new copy of Windows from the...
  8. WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home

WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home: The Activation Wizard tells me I have a Windows Pro but I am unable to achieve change to Windows Home. I have tried at least ten times but always finish as Windows Pro. The Activation Program has also advised that I have an electric product key. I don't know how to find it....
  9. Windows 10 Home unable to activate, why?

Windows 10 Home unable to activate, why?: Ok, So I bought a custom built pc with windows 10 home pre installed. When I got it all set up and running it asked me to activate windows. I scratched off the silver film of the product sticker to reveal the 25 digit key. I’ve put in the key and now I have a message that...
  10. Unable to update windows 10 home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update windows 10 home to Pro: Hi Team, I had received windows 10 home edition with my laptop. Now I'm getting below error while upgrading it to professional, however, there is no issue in my internet. I'm able to open a store, email and other stuff like downloading apps etc. I have tried...