Windows 10: Windows 10 Deactivation Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Deactivation Issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Woke up today to find an Activation Watermark even though I've been using Win 10 Pro for the past 2 years without an issue (Came pre-installed on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThatKidinAfrica, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Deactivation Issue

Woke up today to find an Activation Watermark even though I've been using Win 10 Pro for the past 2 years without an issue (Came pre-installed on my MSI Laptop). Haven't changed anything in the hardware either.

Called Microsoft support, gave them my product key and they said it was for the Home Edition and that I'd either have to install Home instead or Buy the Pro Edition for an extra $99. But if the key is for the home edition then how have I been using Win 10 Pro and all it's features (Bitlocker etc.) for two years without a problem? Help, Please.

submitted by /u/ThatKidinAfrica
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThatKidinAfrica, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Deactivation Issue

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Deactivation Issue

1. Windows 10 Deactivation Issue - Similar Threads - Deactivation Issue

2. Cursor is deactivating the window where ever I am typing. I have to click manually to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor is deactivating the window where ever I am typing. I have to click manually to...: Cursor is disabling or moving to another window automatically while typing in word or chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-is-deactivating-the-window-where-ever-i-am/4a24b240-7c47-4c27-bc7c-9f99727e379c
  3. Cursor is deactivating the window where ever I am typing. I have to click manually to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor is deactivating the window where ever I am typing. I have to click manually to...: Cursor is disabling or moving to another window automatically while typing in word or chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-is-deactivating-the-window-where-ever-i-am/4a24b240-7c47-4c27-bc7c-9f99727e379c
  4. Does anybody have any idea WHEN MS expects to fix the recent deactivation issues in Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anybody have any idea WHEN MS expects to fix the recent deactivation issues in Windows...: So, I've owned a license for pretty much every Windows release there's ever been that was worth having. From Windows 1.0 in 1985 through Windows 11. I've always been a proponent of trying to get people to do things the right way and obtain legitimate licenses for any Windows...
  5. Does anybody have any idea WHEN MS expects to fix the recent deactivation issues in Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anybody have any idea WHEN MS expects to fix the recent deactivation issues in Windows...: So, I've owned a license for pretty much every Windows release there's ever been that was worth having. From Windows 1.0 in 1985 through Windows 11. I've always been a proponent of trying to get people to do things the right way and obtain legitimate licenses for any Windows...
  6. Bluetooth Issue, Stuttering and eventual deactivation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Issue, Stuttering and eventual deactivation: Hi, So, I'm sure many of you have or heard of the Bluetooth issue that appeared a few months back after an update. Bluetooth starts stuttering and eventually breaks down and disappears completely from Device Manager, cause? not sure, seems to happen more often when I...
  7. Activated copy of Windows 10 Pro issued by unknown KMS turning into deactivated copy of...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activated copy of Windows 10 Pro issued by unknown KMS turning into deactivated copy of...: Hi all, I recently purchased a new 1tb Samsung SSD. As I only have another 500gb WDC HDD for storage, it seemed like a good idea to clone my HDD onto the SSD using Samsung Data Migration and use that as my primary boot device. Unfortunately, my computer was obtained...
  8. Random Deactivation issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Deactivation issue: Last week my pc randomly started displaying the activation watermark, after using the same pc with no issues for 5 years. Whenever I try to open the activation options in settings, the settings app becomes nonresponsive. I have my original windows 8.1 product key that I used...
  9. Windows 10 deactivated - Bitlocker issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 deactivated - Bitlocker issue: So I am about to change my key from one PC to a different one with a retail key I have. My computer with Windows 10 pro has the system drive and another hard drive encrypted with Bitlocker. However - when I deactivate the key on this computer, what happens to the two drives?...
  10. KB4487006 Update issues – All Printers deactivated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4487006 Update issues – All Printers deactivated: The above-mentioned updated was forced on me yesterday. After updating, all still appear in the Devices and Printers list, but ALL programs (including Microsoft Office), present a message "No printers installed" on the Printer selector. I have tried uninstalling and...