Windows 10: Windows 10 Debloat Tool GUI improves the Windows 10 tweaker's usability

Discus and support Windows 10 Debloat Tool GUI improves the Windows 10 tweaker's usability in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 Sophia Script is a powerful PowerShell script to make all kinds of tweaks to Windows 10 systems. We reviewed Sophia Script in the past and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Dec 14, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 Debloat Tool GUI improves the Windows 10 tweaker's usability

Windows 10 Sophia Script is a powerful PowerShell script to make all kinds of tweaks to Windows 10 systems. We reviewed Sophia Script in the past and found it to be a very powerful yet complex option reserved to advanced Windows users who know how to read and edit PowerShell scripts.

The release of Windows 10 Debloat Tool GUI / Debloater (2004/20H2) changes that as it adds a graphical user interface to the tool. All you need to do is download the package from the Benchtweakgaming website, extract it once it has been downloaded, and run the included executable file.

The package includes a version of the Sophia Script so that you can start making changes to the system right away. Note that the tool requires elevated rights and that you will get an UAC prompt when you run it.

Windows 10 Debloat Tool GUI improves the Windows 10 tweaker's usability windows-10-debloat-gui.png

The graphical user interface uses tabs to divide tweak into different categories. Tweaks are listed in columns in the interface; don't get confused with the green and red colors used by the program, as these are used as visual distinguishers and not to distinguish between safe and dangerous tweaks.

Each tweak has a checkbox next to it that you use to enable it. All you have to do is go through each tab, check boxes as you see fit, and use the "run PowerShell" option of the output tab to make the changes to the system.

While it is certainly more comfortable using the GUI, as you don't need to modify the PowerShell script directly, you may find yourself lost when it comes to the purpose of some of the listed tweaks. There is no description, and that means that you need to do some research to find out about a tweak if you can't work out what it does when you look at its name.

The program does not check current settings to check the various boxes in its interface.

The output tab includes an option to display the PowerShell script based on selections without running it, and options to save output.

Select Options to use the "clear all" or "defaults" options, handy if you want to start over or restore default values to all tweaks.

Closing Words

Windows 10 Debloat Tool GUI is a useful program for users of the Sophia Script. It makes all tweaks of the script available in a graphical user interface, and that makes it easier to work with for many users.

The program has a few shortcomings currently. The text was not very sharp on my Surface Go test system when I ran the program, and the lack of descriptions and current settings check makes it difficult to use. Still, it is easier to use than the PowerShell script.

Now You: Which Windows tweak / privacy software do you use, and why?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 Debloat Tool GUI improves the Windows 10 tweaker's usability appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Dec 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Debloat Tool GUI improves the Windows 10 tweaker's usability

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Debloat Tool GUI improves the Windows 10 tweaker's usability

1. Windows 10 Debloat Tool GUI improves the Windows 10 tweaker's usability - Similar Threads - Debloat Tool GUI

2. What's the safest windows 10 debloat tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the safest windows 10 debloat tool?: What's the safest one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-safest-windows-10-debloat-tool/261eda89-c3d1-4f4f-a7a8-33c8cb43ed46
  3. What's the safest windows 10 debloat tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the safest windows 10 debloat tool?: What's the safest one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-safest-windows-10-debloat-tool/261eda89-c3d1-4f4f-a7a8-33c8cb43ed46
  4. What's the safest windows 10 debloat tool?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WINDOWS DEBLOATER GUI

WINDOWS DEBLOATER GUI: I ran windows10deblaterGUI for some foolish reason. I have read That the "REVERT" feature dosnt do such, and am wondering how to restore my system back to normal...PLEASE HELP...
  6. manually debloat windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    manually debloat windows 10: can any kind soul share a link? Non automated ones please. Thank you and merry christmas! submitted by /u/snip3r77 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfywz3/manually_debloat_windows_10/
  7. debloat windows 10

debloat windows 10: Hi all, Is there any script or tool to debloat windows 10 , remove all default app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/debloat-windows-10/a8926fc4-5dd8-4f4d-8dbc-c8ea6d16ed89
  8. Latest Debotnet Windows 10 Tweaker gets debloating scripts

in Windows 10 News
    Latest Debotnet Windows 10 Tweaker gets debloating scripts: We have the Windows tweaker Debotnet several times before on Ghacks. It is a relatively new program that was released to the public in 2019 for the first time. Back then, it focused on providing administrators and users with options to improve privacy. The developer has...
  9. WDT GUI improvements...

WDT GUI improvements...: @ ThemeTeam and those that are good at graphics... I'm re-developing WDT with a modern UI but without XAML. i.e. keeping it portable. With Showkey I'm using a third party for the modern UI, however, I've been working on my own modern UI... Please let me know what I need...
  10. Windows 10 GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 GUI: Is the Windows 10 GUI the same for the free upgrades from Windows 7 and Windows 8? Has the Charms Bar dropped for free upgrades from Windows 8? Just wondering. 15530