Windows 10: Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs

Discus and support Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I was shutting down my computer and accidentally hit “Update and Shut Down”, in my personal experience, the updates usually mess with something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Don_F13, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Don_F13 Win User

Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs

Hello, I was shutting down my computer and accidentally hit “Update and Shut Down”, in my personal experience, the updates usually mess with something on my computer. Then a couple days after that my pc shut down randomly twice, at first I assumed that my power was had fluctuations but nothing else in my room turned off. Two days ago my computer just down around 5 times within a hours time. I decided that it was time to revert back an update and that didn’t help. Whenever I hit the W key on my keyboard my computer shuts down if I have a program open I can shot it shutting down but I can barel

:)

Don_F13, Dec 24, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 24, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 24, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs

Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Dec 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs

1. Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs - Similar Threads - Dec 14th Update

2. No Graphics Input on Monitors after last Windows Update March 14th

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Graphics Input on Monitors after last Windows Update March 14th: Hello,When shutting down my computer two days ago, my Windows 10 did some automatic updates. When I then tried to boot my computer up the next day, both of my monitors were receiving no signal from the computer. I checked all of the cables and connectors, and they should all...
  3. No Graphics Input on Monitors after last Windows Update March 14th

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Graphics Input on Monitors after last Windows Update March 14th: Hello,When shutting down my computer two days ago, my Windows 10 did some automatic updates. When I then tried to boot my computer up the next day, both of my monitors were receiving no signal from the computer. I checked all of the cables and connectors, and they should all...
  4. Why did the Microsoft update on the morning of Dec.14th cause my HP notebook to freeze,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did the Microsoft update on the morning of Dec.14th cause my HP notebook to freeze,...: Why did the Microsoft update on the morning of Dec.14th cause my HP notebook to freeze, slow down, refuse to process commands, etc. after the restart? I had to manually shut down the computer after I couldn't close Edge. That blue-white circle just kept going round and round,...
  5. Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs: Hello, I was shutting down my computer and accidentally hit “Update and Shut Down”, in my personal experience, the updates usually mess with something on my computer. Then a couple days after that my pc shut down randomly twice, at first I assumed that my power was had...
  6. Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Dec 14th Update broke my keyboard inputs: Hello, I was shutting down my computer and accidentally hit “Update and Shut Down”, in my personal experience, the updates usually mess with something on my computer. Then a couple days after that my pc shut down randomly twice, at first I assumed that my power was had...
  7. Windows 10 Weather update broke my keyboard lights

Windows 10 Weather update broke my keyboard lights: I just came here once again to thank you about your great updates. When will you start releasing tested updates that actually work ? You broken my keyboard lights with your great news/weather update ASUS ZenBook 13 OLED UM325UAThank you once again for your great updates. 1...
  8. Windows 10 update broke my laptop keyboard

Windows 10 update broke my laptop keyboard: I have a laptop HP Envy x360 and the keyboard on it stopped working after Windows 10 April 2021 update.These are all the things I already tried:1.Updating the driver manually even automatically still not working2.Uninstalling the driver and restarting computer3.Unistalling...
  9. Windows 10 Update Broke All Input Devices

Windows 10 Update Broke All Input Devices: I already uninstalled the latest feature update (August 13) and it has fixed the issue. No input devices worked; to include the touchscreen, bluetooth keyboard/mouse, and USB keyboard/mouse. The computer is an Acer All In One. Model Aspire 73-710. Seriously...
  10. Dec 2 update broke sleep

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dec 2 update broke sleep: lost ability for computer to sleep after Dec. 2 update. Had this stopping it: [DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine. Eventually found this worked: Why Wons Tech Talk I then followed this sites...